1. DG_1234

Why does everyone want to change my swing?

On Tour it's about swing rhythm and tempo. When I was a kid I took some lessons from a very competent instructor who had played 6 or 7 years on Tour before giving that up to teach full time. He told me that on Tour it is all about tempo. Tour players are constantly trying to find and maintain a...
  2. DG_1234

Do You Know Your Club's Swing Weights?

I've never heard of any iron set more than 1" over length, and even that is very rare. Why are your clubs so much longer than standard ?
  3. DG_1234

3W/5W or 4W?

I just took a look at photos and specs of the Halo hybrid line. The sole rails and Miyazakii c.kua shafts remind me of the Cleveland Mashie Plus hybrids, which were sensational.
  4. DG_1234

3W/5W or 4W?

I've never swung a Halo but I've liked most every Cleveland brand club I've played. The hybrids in my bag now are Srixon H65.
  5. DG_1234

Iron Swing - How Much Effort?

For anybody interested in improving their swing tempo-swing rhythm, and not go "hard at the ball" I suggest copying Davis Love's long time pre shot routine. Specifically, before addressing the ball he stood away from it and made a little half length practice swing back and thru. The purpose of...
  6. DG_1234

3W/5W or 4W?

The past few rounds I've played with no fairway woods and I am liking it. My bag has driver and hybrids of 16*, 19* and 22* loft. The 16* hybrid , while not quite as long as my 3-wood , is easier to consistently straighter, and is easier to strike well off a less than ideal lie, than a fairway...
  7. DG_1234

Review Two Thumb Putter Grips - THP Review in Progress Thread

The idea is that this shape promotes/requires a technique of both thumbs to lay flat/square , side-by-side to each other at the top of the grip?
  8. DG_1234

Iron Swing - How Much Effort?

This is essentially the very best way to play golf.
  9. DG_1234

Back in the early 90's I went to the Olympic Club, SF to watch the Tour Championship (which I think they played there for two consecutive years, before that event moved to Eastlake- Atlanta as its annual home). I am standing alongside a fairway watching a group play their tee shots and one guy...
  10. DG_1234

Driver shaft weight

For the past several rounds I've been swinging a 7 weight driver shaft and seem to be a touch more accurate with it than a 6 weight driver shaft. Most of the 6 weight shafts seem to be about 65 grams and the 7 weights about 72, or 73 grams.
  11. DG_1234

Teaching a new golfer, gold instruction vacations

Your commentary here is a bit different from your original post. From that I read he had never picked up a golf club and you were suggesting that "immersion" for 3 days might get him started playing an 18 hole course. Whether he/she is a brand new player or one who has tried golf but struggled...
  12. DG_1234

Question On Distance

Much of distance is about quality of ball contact, not swing speed.
  13. DG_1234

One question. On the course, do you complain about missed shots ? If so, some may (mistakenly) interpret that as a call for help.
  14. DG_1234

Good answer !
  15. DG_1234

Teaching a new golfer, gold instruction vacations

If your expectation is that your friend could pick up a club for the first time and three days later confidently play 18 holes, forget it. If he wants to learn golf buy him a copy of Jack Nicklaus 'Golf My Way" . From that book he can learn fundamentally sound grip , posture, and alignment...
  16. DG_1234

Will Tiger win this year?

I am expecting two or three year 2020 wins from Tiger, including at least one Major.
  17. DG_1234

Joel Dahmen's bucket hat ?

One question I've always had about the Old Norse style hat (with mesh inserts for cooling) is whether sun rays penetrate thru the mesh, essentially defeating the purpose. For those with hair protecting their skin I guess it would not matter, but if it's bare skin on the other side of the mesh I...
  18. DG_1234

Fix The Distance Issue on Tour (w/o Altering Equipment)

Come this May the PGA Championship will be at Harding Park GC, SF. A few months ago Harding's tee shot landing areas were narrowed from about 35 yard average to 22 yards wide (PGA /USGA current standard for Tour play events). So long as it does not rain much before the tournament the bounce...
  19. DG_1234

Joel Dahmen's bucket hat ?

I've owned the Imperial Oxford model bucket hat for about a year, but the brim is a floppy/casual style so I use it more for fishing or walking the dogs than I do for golf. https://www.imperialsports.com/product/1371-oxford-bucket-sun-protection-hat/?customizable=1 Mostly for golf I wear the...

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in