1. L

New Izod pants are nothing like the older pants - very disappointed.

I have two older pair of Izod pants and they are simply as good as good can get and they are my favorite golf pants. The wife and I figured I would pick up two more pair. Here is the deal we searched around until we found what we thought were the same pants. Ordered them and got them in and they...
  2. L

Swing speed thoughts - curious what you think.

Ok, I get it that the driver and fairway woods are swung at higher speeds than irons simply because of the length and style of club, but here is what I don't get with my swing. I swing my driver around 90-100, mostly around say 94. When I swing my irons I am swinging around 75-85. When I did...
  3. L

Would knowing this bother you or would you simply get on with life - COVID 19?

I played golf last Saturday with a fellow golfer I have been playing with most of last year. We rode the same cart the last round. He works in a nearby county school system and is in maintenance. His team has been working while others are at home. He texted me a day or two after we played to...
  4. L

Maybe there is hope for me with the fairway woods.

Lately I have been forcing myself to use my fairway woods more and more. I go by the theory that if you don't use them, you will never get better at them. In the last few rounds I have pulled them out of the bag more and more and yesterday, I hit a number of fairway woods off the deck the best...
  5. L

Are your new golf orders being delayed due to the virus affect on businesses?

Just curious if new golf equipment orders are being delayed due to the effects of the virus on businesses? Anybody seen any issues getting their new golf gear?
  6. L

Why you need to practice the right things

Went out yesterday and played another round with a couple buddies. The one guy continuously picks up "new things" during the week that are supposed to fix his issues on the course. He marches off to the range to get it right. I have yet to see anything "get right" with this process he has. He...
  7. L

Handicap Index for local charity tournaments.

I think I already know the answer, yet still figured I would ask. Do you have to have a "real" handicap index to enter the charity fundraiser tournaments, or is that decided locally? I am referring to small time local stuff around the area. I only have the online GRINT thing and never really...
  8. L

Do you notice what you are doing wrong when you don't strike the ball well?

My buddy started off good the other day but his game fell to pieces after about the 6th hole. I had a few rough holes, but all in all my game is starting to be fairly consistent. When it isn't I am getting to the point where if I simply think a bit I can figure out what I am doing wrong...
  9. L

Adam Young took some students to Genesis Open

Found this article rather interesting and thought others might enjoy this. Adam Young took some students to Genesis Open and noted some interesting things about the pros there. Here is the link https://www.adamyounggolf.com/pro-golfers-not-good/ One thing stood out to me about the article were...
  10. L

Golf pants quality?

Ok, so I thought I would buy a few more pairs of golf pants. I bought two new pair of IZODs and a pair of J C Penney golf pants. I am surprised that the IZOD pants seem to be lacking the quality of the other two pair of IZODs I have from about 10 years ago. Anyone noticing quality is lacking...
  11. L

How many of those dreadful fat shots!

Yesterday during an 18 hole round I had some very nice drives that set me up where I might have made green in reg on my second shot, but on a number of them I hit the iron fat. I also had some 85-100 yard pitches to the greens and hit some of those fat. I even hit a lob wedge fat yesterday...
  12. L

My buddy's drives in the fairway.

So yesterday we were playing 18 and as usual my buddy has more "new" driver swing advice someone gave him during the week which I have often told him to use caution with. Each time we play he is constantly telling me some new swing tip someone gave him that he is trying today. The thing is those...
  13. L

Day to day changes in golf.

I was noticing late last year how I can play one way (good) one day and different (bad) the next. I simply don't get that, because it is still me playing and the question then becomes what changed? I have observed my buddy doing the same thing as well. I think something goes on in our body and...
  14. L

For those of you that have had putter fittings.

For those of you that have had putter fittings, did your putter require a lot of work (bending etc.), or did you find you had to get a different putter?
  15. L

How do you keep up!

I am a fast reader and typist and there are so many great threads on TPH, I have no clue how you keep up! The threads can get away from me so fast LOL :eek:
  16. L

Your favorite thread on THP?

I like so many of the threads on THP, but I gotta state that the mental getaway thread is "A Gif Story" and it totally cracks me up :D Some of the post are hilarious.
  17. L

Gaming my driver!

So yesterday I go to the local 9 hole and started off by teaching my wife some stuff around the greens as she is learning to play. Next I played 9 (wound up playing 11). My driver is a Cobra F9 that I bought from a THPer. Not long ago I swapped shafts to a 49G UST Helium and hit the driver...
  18. L

Gaming my driver!

So yesterday I go to the local 9 hole and started off by teaching my wife some stuff around the greens as she is learning to play. Next I played 9 (wound up playing 11). My driver is a Cobra F9 that I bought from a THPer. Not long ago I swapped shafts to a 49G UST Helium and hit the driver...
  19. L

Scotty Select Newport 2 versus the new Special Select Newport

For those of you that have made the change from the standard Select Newport 2 to the Special Select Newport what do you think? I am still gaming my Select Newport 2 and not really having any issues, but would love some feedback from anybody that has done the upgrade and used the new Special...
  20. L

Dick's Sporting goods/golf galaxy and testing irons.

I was wondering if you wanted to test two irons with the same shaft does Dick's have the ability to do that without a full iron fitting? Say you only needed about half an hour to do the test?

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in