Search results for query: *

1. Scott F

Total distance question

Do they go the same distance on the sim and on the course?
  2. Scott F

What Do You Do To Just Get Away???

Back in the day, I used to go fishing to get away. I quit playing golf for several years when I was working a lot of hours, on call a lot and just didn’t have enough time to play frequently enough to play as well as I was capable. Being on the water was the respite I needed to recharge and...
  3. Scott F

Pops

I started playing a VERY long time ago but before coming to THP I had never heard the term pops used before. What exactly are pops?
  4. Scott F

Most Nervous You've Been for a Round

The one I remember most was my freshman year of high school. I made the varsity golf team. The only freshman with 2 seniors and 2 junior’s. First match, the 2 seniors got up in my face and threatened to beat the crap out of me if I didn’t play well. After averaging 37-38 for 9 holes leading up...
  5. Scott F

League Partners Giving Putts

My senior league is pretty informal and it isn’t very competitive. A couple of the guys don’t concede anything but most of us will give most putts under 3 feet or so.
  6. Scott F

A Good Hotdog is Divine

You know what hot dogs are made of right?…….Lips and a**holes!
  7. Scott F

The 60 and over Thread

That’s been my philosophy since I started playing again a few years ago.
  8. Scott F

Are Sunglasses Optional?

For those that sunglasses affect depth perception or otherwise mess you up while golfing, do your sunglasses have curved lenses? I have to have relatively flat lenses to see properly. My eye doctor confirmed my observations and said it’s a common problem for some people
  9. Scott F

Range Finder Warranty

The length of the warranty has, in most cases, little to do with the quality of a product. It’s usually something the marketing department uses to help sell units. People often make decisions based on the length of the warranty. Longer warranties are an added expense for the company and a cost...
  10. Scott F

Are Sunglasses Optional?

If I’m outdoors, for any length of time, I’m wearing polarized sunglasses
  11. Scott F

Funny signs at the course

Years ago, my course had a sign that said; “Please do not pick up lost balls until they stop rolling “
  12. Scott F

How fancy are you?

Dressing up for me is wearing a polo instead of a T-shirt.
  13. Scott F

Courses filled up with events?

My senior league which is independent of the course, plays on Wednesday mornings. 5 of our 20 weeks we’ll have to play at a different course because outings at our home course have taken our spot.
  14. Scott F

Do You Wear Shoes In Your House?

Right now, I’m in the house, and wearing shoes…..so yes.
  15. Scott F

Who is your sports villain…???

Aaron Rodgers.
  16. Scott F

Which Neighbor Are You?

In my neighborhood, EVERYBODY has a pickup truck. Out of the 30 or so homes, there are maybe 2 that don’t have a pickup in the driveway.
  17. Scott F

Beer in a can tastes better than beer in a bottle

If I can’t get draft beer, which is the best way to drink it, bottles are the only way to go.
  18. Scott F

Do you wear sandals when you travel?

Maybe I should have been clearer. I don’t go barefoot either.
  19. Scott F

Do you wear sandals when you travel?

I never wear sandals.
Back