Search results for query: *

1. E

Unsolicited gold advice- what’s your stance

If it's a one-off suggestion or "tip" I listen politely then ignore it. If it is repeated or continues, I say thank you but I have my own things I'm working on. If someone were to persist after that I guess I'd ask them to just leave me alone but it's never come to that.
  2. E

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Can't imagine anyone laughing at that choice. Solid performer. And as you point out, catch them in multiple dozens on sale and it's a hard to beat price.
  3. E

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

My first four rounds last week, I managed to lose 5 of my good golf balls (current version Pro V1x). On my home course you have to be REALLY hitting it bad to lose balls and I was hitting it really bad. It was starting to get pretty mental so I decided to play some balls I didn't mind losing for...
  4. E

2023 Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x Golf Balls

To me, for the pitifully slow speeds I swing, the Tour B X and Pro V1x are just about completely interchangeable. I really have a hard time seeing or hearing any difference between them except for the Pro V1x seems to fly just a teeny bit higher off my driver. They even sound the same when...
  5. E

How can some states have such cheap memberships?

The same way some places a 1 BR/700 square foot condo in a high-rise costs more than a 2,500 square foot house on an acre of land in others.
  6. E

60 On You Score Card

Yesterday my 61st stroke was a 9i approach on my 13th hole, which I duffed horribly. The previous day my 61st stroke was a chip shot from just short of that same 13th green, after hitting a fat 8i approach (my 60th stroke that day). And who says hackers aren't consistent? Same stuff...
  7. E

Are Sunglasses Optional?

My first pair of prescription 'shades were too dark. They had to come off and use my normal glasses on really dark, overcast days or as soon as the sun dipped behind the tree line. And forget wearing them indoors even briefly, I literally had to pull them off to step into the clubhouse and order...
  8. E

Are Sunglasses Optional?

When I first started wearing sunglasses to play golf, along about 2009 or so, after a few rounds I noticed how much less tired my "squint muscles" were after a round. And before sunglasses, not every time, but fairly often I would have a little bit of a headache after a round in the summer. I'd...
  9. E

Are Sunglasses Optional?

My prescription progressive sunglasses have golf-specific geometry to the transitions between distance/middle/reading powers so they work much better for golf than my regular (non-tinted) progressives. Therefore I wear the sunglasses virtually every time I play golf. They have a tint this not...
  10. E

Would you ever take driver out of the bag pending the course you are playing?

They don't make courses short and tight enough for me to get by without a driver. Or if they do, I sure wouldn't want to play one.
  11. E

Private Club Feature or Bug?

The type of courses I prefer, it is totally obvious where the next hole is. Ideally within 30-50 yards of the previous screen is the next tee. Courses where you need a sign to tell you where to go are usually either built winding around through housing developments for the convenience of the...
  12. E

Peak Height, Spin, And Decent Angle Are More Important Than Loft

My testing of golf clubs always centers around three questions. Can I consistently hit 200 yard drives and keep them between the tree lines? How well can I stop a 150-yard shot to a firm green? How confident can I be when trying to a 100-yard shot close to the hole. Nothing to do with...
  13. E

Who is your sports villain…???

James Harden. He has become a parody of himself because the refs let him manufacture "contact" instead of just playing basketball (which he's actually extremely good at).
  14. E

Peak Height, Spin, And Decent Angle Are More Important Than Loft

Peak height, spin and descent depend very strongly on speed. Clubhead speed. Which in turn means peak height, spin and descent vary per person. There's no substitute for clubhead speed. Everything about golf club and ball design fiddles about at the margins but speed is created by the golfer...
  15. E

How Much Golf Stuff Do You Watch?

None at all. A few years back I would occasionally skim through videos from the popular YouTube golf "personalities" but the inanity of 99% of that content quickly put an end to that particular entertainment habit. Over the past 4-5 years I doubt I've watched even 20 hours of golf "content"...
  16. E

How consistent are your golf balls?

As fun as it is to speculate here, the fact is it's extremely impractical to get any sort of sensible estimate of "how consistent" mass produced golf balls are. People like MGS can flag the "obviously inconsistent" situations like they did with Callaway a few years back or what they find from...
  17. E

Which Neighbor Are You?

I know and speak to all my neighbors by name and also know the names of the kids. But I don’t get invited to the kids wedding. That places me just about where I want to be in the relationship spectrum. Put another way I might help them move, but I would not help them move a body.
  18. E

Shot Scope Pro L2 Laser Rangefinder

I thought the "scan" technique was universal for all rangefinders, at least the golf style ones that prioritize and lock onto the closest target. I've done that with all my Bushnell and Nikon rangefinders over the years.
  19. E

Help understanding Backspin w/ Driver

I reckon if you let the clubhead pass your hands and add loft with an upward flip, you can easily catch it very low on the face so you’re getting a uppercut, high spin upshooter.
Back