Search results for query: *

1. echico

Official Rant of the Day

Take 3 days off of work, come back to 1000 emails. I answered maybe 3.
  2. echico

CONTEST The 2024 PGA Championship and Thread

Niemann, Joaquin
  3. echico

Shot Scope PRO ZR Laser Rangefinder

So we got one of these at the Data Experience and I was excited to get it out on the course. The day I picked was rainy of course and I stuck it on the cart using the handy magnet with the eyepiece facing up. Well we had the most talkative caddy I have ever seen with us that gave us yardages...
  4. echico

GOLFTEC OptiMotion During the PGA Championship

I like to see the data but I also like to see actual golf shots going on live as well. Taking 10 minutes to talk about numbers of a pro swing while there is major golf being played seems silly to me.
  5. echico

Community Shot Scope Statistic Breakdown

What irons are coming up short on your approaches? Is it the case where you should consider taking an extra club even if the pin is in the front? Are you playing for the ball to hit the green or bounce and run into the green? I know that you said there some contact issues but what percentage...
  6. echico

Community Shot Scope Statistic Breakdown

Understanding what Strokes Gained actually means and how it is calculated is the first step to really getting into the data. It is nice to track your shots and see how far you hit your clubs but digging into the data you need to understand the strokes gained and how it came about. The...
  7. echico

PUMA Golf Made for This Collection

Another round in the rain gear and this time for a little longer than a couple of holes. The rain gear held up very well and kept me dry which was much appreciated because it was cold out there. I was able to swing freely with a 1/4 zip and rain jacket on. Very impressed with this gear. I...
  8. echico

AZTHP Team Championship - May 18th

We all know I don't have any friends but we can't muster up 1 more person to play this weekend?
  9. echico

CONTEST Live Update Thread – The 2024 Data Experience with Shot Scope

Ha ha if I had either shot from Sunday it would have been close to the pin on Monday. Playing that slope on the right to to funnel it to the left is fun. Of course seeing where the pin was on Monday I tried to hit the same exact shot and pulled the crap out of it. Woe is me.
  10. echico

I meant the 2nd shortest on the back. You are tested with some long holes on the back so finally getting a manageable yardage could lull someone to sleep.
  11. echico

18 - In my opinion this is a very good finishing hole. On paper it doesn't seem to be all that bad as it is the 2nd shortest par 4 on the back. The key to hole is, as with every hole there, the second shot. This green is protected with bunkers and a false front. You have to be past the false...
  12. echico

Really Good Range Session Question

Something always needs work. If I feel good about what my plan was then I would take those extra range balls and go to the chipping area (or practice pitching as others have said). There is never enough time put into that.
  13. echico

A little early but the best cough medicine I could find.
  14. echico

Fit or Fitted - A poll

I would say tailored suit but I am fancy.
  15. echico

Fit or Fitted - A poll

@JB asked us a question at the Data Experience and there were some strong opinions. Might as well make a poll of it. When you go to a club fitter do you.... Get fit for clubs? or Get fitted for clubs?
  16. echico

Shot Scope V5 Golf Watch Review

I did my first few rounds with the V5 at the data experience. I was never against a wearing a watch but I decided to try the H4 when I started in the Shot Scope eco system. I did not have any issues with the watch itself while playing and noticed it kept pretty good tracking when I downloaded...
  17. echico

best single season of a TV show

Sopranos Season 2 Dexter Season 4 Spartacus Season 1
Back