1. scottmti

Most forgiving 3 wood for a mid-high handicap

Same here. Worst Fairway metal player ever!! Mavrix Max 3 is just different animal. I’ve seen longer hitting 3 wood but Max is easiest to hit. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. scottmti

Grips suggestions?

For iron I am enjoying GP Microsuede. Not too tacky but soft. CP2 for my wedges. Less tapered. Feel similar when grip down. For woods and hybrid I like GP aligned. Works for me. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. scottmti

For those who've been hit by a ball ... lets have your story

True stories This happened when my buddies started golf. We were horrible players and didn’t know any better. One dude hit a driver. He skulled it and went about 20yds left toward tree. He decided he gonna hit again and ran toward the ball to retrieve it. So my other idiot friend decide he...
  4. scottmti

Most Changed Club in Your Bag?

Iron set. I just love trying out different sets. Shiny forged to game improvement. And go back other way around. Love picking up used iron sets and playing around few months and exchange it to different set. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. scottmti

Am I the only one who hits my drives less than 250 yds here?

I do believe there are many golfer who can hit 300+. Average distance might be different story. Last time I was out with I averaged 245-250. That’s with roll. I probably carry around 230 in good day. I played couple of guys that claim they can hit 300+. They are longer than I am but they are...
  6. scottmti

Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

I had Max and I changed to Standard. I’m happy with my change. Max is boring. All it wants to go straight. I pay full price for golf course and I want to see as much as golf course as possible. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. scottmti

Push cart etiquette

It’s not written rule but here is my take on this 1. Tee box is ok as long as it’s behind the tee mark where it’s out of the site from your playing partner who is ready to hit. 2. No where near green. Not even on fringes. 3. To expedite playing speed. Move your push cart toward your next tee...
  8. scottmti

Brand you love, but have never played?

If I love the brand I make sure I get to put in play at least onetime. Exception would be Muira. I really love the look of their forged irons. I can’t see my my self shelling out that much for an iron set or even a wedge. I played Honma OnOff Fourteen but didn’t see any improvements. Maybe...
  9. scottmti

What Drivers Have You Played in 2020 So Far?

Ping G400 LST Epic Flash Mavrik Max Mavrik Standard Currently playing Mavrik Standard Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. scottmti

Does Water Have a Flavor?

I think water does have taste. It’s hard to pin point it. We have water filter machine at home which we pay monthly close to $60. They come and change filter every 90days for free. We don’t buy bottle waters. I take huge bottle water when I golf. My kids takes water from home. Even they say our...
  11. scottmti

Build Your Bag Using a Different OEM for EACH CLUB

Mavrik Standard 10.0* Taylormade SIM 15* Ping G410 5 wood 18* Cobra F9 7 wood 21* Titleist TS2 Hybrid 23* Mizuno 919 HMB 5-G Cleveland CBX 56* Evenroll ER2 This might be my ultimate setup. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. scottmti

What's for Dinner?

Spicy pork rib BBQ. One of the best place in KTown in LA. Been awhile I had it. It’s so good. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. scottmti

Golf courses open for play in SoCal

LA City Muni will open starting this Saturday. Drive range might be open also. Still no putting green is open. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. scottmti

What’s Your 150 Club?

Usually 32* loft iron. It’s hard to say which iron by number these days. 7i Z765 or 8i G410. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. scottmti

Does slow play ahead of you affect your game?

Slow play used to bother me alot. These days it does annoy me little but not as much. Golf is funny game. When things are not working well you tend to find something to blame it on. Slow play is one of them. When I stop blaming others things I now play less stressful game. I do understand...
  16. scottmti

Irons: What is most important to you?

Used to be Looks, Feel and forgiveness in that order. Now since I am kind a smarter/less ego Forgiveness, Looks and Feel. I thought I was good iron player but my GIR is area I need the most improvement. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. scottmti

Looking at Push Carts...

I have 4 wheel cart as gift. It’s true they don’t balance well. Also with smaller wheels it’s hard to clean grass residue after the round. Another extra wheel to clean afterwards. I want to get 3 large wheel but since it works and not broken I didn’t buy yet. I don’t play often enough to buy new...
  18. scottmti

an oldie but goodie? how many rounds do you expect to play once we return to some sense of normalcy

2 time a month is normal for me. I would be happy if I can get 3 a month. I’m surprised how often people golf. Where do you find time to play that often? I live in LA and I don’t have to deal with weather. Still only get out twice or three at max per month. I’m jealous. Sent from my iPhone...
  19. scottmti

90days return policy Covid-19

I couldn’t find detail on 90 days return policy in golf product. Wondering how it would effect if your 90 days runs out. Golf stores are closed until further notice. At least month or more here in LA. My 90 days return date probably run out. You think store will give extensions in return...
  20. scottmti

Putter of the Day 12 April 2020

Love the color scheme. Big fan of sound slot. One of my favorite Newport Beach design. Not fan of neck. Just looks weird. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in