1. Dartgod

RIP Eddie Haskell

Ken Osmond, the actor who played Eddie Haskell on Leave it to Beaver has died at 76. https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/18/ken-osmond-leave-it-to-beaver-eddie-haskell-dead-dies/
  2. Dartgod

What is the course rating of your home course?

And what is your personal best on that course? Mine is Eagles Landing in Belton, MO. 68.20/123 from the whites (5,734 yds) My best score is 95 on May 20, 2018.
  3. Dartgod

Shopping for Hybrids - Questions, lots of questions

I've been having issues hitting my irons for quite some time. A month or so ago I was on a work trip and had an unexpected down day. I hit one of the local gold courses and rented clubs. The set had a couple of hybrids in it and I seemed to hit them pretty well. So I'm thinking about replacing...
  4. Dartgod

RIP Tim Conway

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/comedian-tim-conway-carol-burnett-show-dies-85-63030155 One of the funniest men to ever live. I loved the chemistry between him and Harvey Korman on the Carol Burnett Show. RIP - thanks for all the laughs. :crying:
  5. Dartgod

What were your first set of clubs?

Mine were a starter set of Northwestern clubs I bought at Walmart. Driver, 3W, 3i, 5i, 7i, 9i and putter. I snapped the head off the 5i once on a rare shot that I pured.
  6. Dartgod

Dartgod - WITB

I've finally rebuilt my bag from the old, old clubs I had when I joined this forum 3-1/2 years ago. So I figured it was time to post my WITB. First up were the Taylormade Rocketbladez irons that led me to this fine community in the first place Next I found a great deal on a new Rocketballz...
  7. Dartgod

OH, the humanity!!

Fireball whisky spills across Arkansas highway after fiery crash http://www.kmbc.com/article/fireball-whisky-spills-across-arkansas-highway-after-fiery-crash/21529394
  8. Dartgod

RIP Tom "The Mongoose" McEwen

If you followed NHRA drag racing in the 60's and 70's, you were familiar with the rivalry between Tom "The Mongoose" McEwen and Don "The Snake" Prudhomme. My brother and I had these Hot Wheels cars, mine The Mongoose and his The Snake...
  9. Dartgod

Hugh Hefner Dead at 91

RIP Mr. Hefner. http://people.com/celebrity/hugh-hefner-playboy-magazine-founder-dead-obituary/
  10. Dartgod

Down and out

I last played golf on July 15th (Sat.), my birthday. The next day I had a knot in my lower back, right side. No biggie, I've had that before, it'll be better in a couple of days. That Monday, I started having pain in my right thigh whenever standing or walking. I had a couple of chiropractor...
  11. Dartgod

1000 Posts

I never thought that I had found a community that I would be so fond of when I read a review of Taylormade Rocketbladez irons a little over two years ago. But after spending a little time reading here and then participating in the 2015 Bridgestone Invitational in Kansas City, I was hooked. I'm...
  12. Dartgod

Evaluate My Swing - 5 Iron

I've always struggled with mid-long irons off the tee and on approach shots. I took this video yesterday of me hitting my 5 iron. One thing that I notice immediately is that my first move is in my hands/wrist. I've watched other videos and noticed on most of them that the wrist cock doesn't...
  13. Dartgod

How many professional golf tournaments have you attended?

Any professional tour, how many have you attended? Myself, I have only been one time. That was back when the Senior Tour was called the Senior Tour and it was at Loch Lloyd CC in Kansas City. I spent the majority of the day following a group that included Lee Trevino and Chi Chi Rodriguez...
  14. Dartgod

How did you find THP and what made you stick around?

So how did you stumble across this simply awesome and addictive site? What was it that you found here that made you signup to become a member? For me, I was looking for a new set of irons and found a review here on the TaylorMade Rocketbladez irons I was interested in. I'm a bit of a message...
  15. Dartgod

Lessons start this week

My wife bought me a series of golf lessons for Christmas and this Wednesday is my first lesson. I am self taught and have been playing for 20+ years without a single lesson. I generally shoot in the mid 90s to low 100s. Personal best is 86 on a par 70 course. My biggest weakness is my approach...
  16. Dartgod

Club Fitting Questions

I've searched through some old threads, but haven't really answered my questions. I purchased a set of TM Rocketbladz irons (4i-AW) online back in March. I've played them a couple of times and several range sessions and am pretty happy with them overall. But now that I've been a member here...
  17. Dartgod

Hello from Kansas City

Hello all. This is my first post here. I'm in Kansas City and found this forum while reading reviews on some irons I was interested in. I'm self-taught and have been golfing for around 25 years. I don't have a handicap, but usually score in the mid-low 90's, depending on how often I play. The...

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in