1. Grins

McLovin's Journey to Improve - 2020 Edition

It just seems so contrary to common sense. I'm starting to see this a tiny bit in my own swing progression. What I really notice is my worst swings are done with what I perceive to be the "fastest swing speed" and the greatest effort - the results are not good. But those occasional times...
  2. Grins

McLovin's Journey to Improve - 2020 Edition

Love being able to listen in and glean some nuggets! Awesome share, Chris! And the swing looks good!
  3. Grins

Trying To Break 90 Club

My game is looking up! I shot my first 9-hole round under 50 this year. On Monday my league played in 39 degree weather (I had paid for the year up front, and lost out on 4-6 weeks already, so my take was - "I'm playing regardless"). I ended up shooting 43 with 17 putts and 3 pars. And that...
  4. Grins

Trying to Break 100

I swear with these Recoils I am also hitting the ball longer. Ask Snickerdog about them - they're his old clubs lol!
  5. Grins

PUMA Ignite PWRADAPT CAGED

Really good to hear Icey! I love my NXT Ignites but it would be great to have that level of comfort in a spike shoe.
  6. Grins

Malaska Golf - Swing Coach

This makes a lot of sense to me. I haven't had a chance to practice much in the midst of the pandemic, but range should be opening up this week. I noticed Danny Maude saying pretty much the same thing; Watching both of these together was a "Eureka!" moment for me. And like Mike Malaska &...
  7. Grins

Trying to Break 100

Like Snickerdog, I was having lots of elbow pain, and once I switched to graphite shafts the pain went away. Switching to Recoil shafts has seen more of a performance improvement issue. Clubs are longer and with tighter dispersion. If you can get fit by someone who has lots of shaft options...
  8. Grins

#PushCartMafia - Are you in?

The lack of shoulder strain was the first thing I noticed when switching from a pull cart to a push cart. I also love having a place for scorecards, some extra room to carry jackets, drinks, etc. And it's a ton more convenient when playing cart path only (compared to riding)
  9. Grins

Happy Birthday, Snickerdog

Looks like everyone is milking a certain theme here.
  10. Grins

Happy Birthday, Snickerdog

Happy birthday! Hope you can enjoy it with friends & family soon!
  11. Grins

2020 NFL Thread

I know that isn't as exciting as how much Dak is going to get paid, but if you like offensive linemen, I thought this interview with Joe Thomas was fascinating (mostly the first 20 minutes): Best Quote (@ 10:40): "Swinging a golf club is a lot like being a left tackle" Thomas says he filled 5...
  12. Grins

Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

Thanks for the article: I've played the Safari course - haven't heard of some of the others. Good info!
  13. Grins

Carry bag or push cart?

The clicgear is really nice for walking when it's super hot out. I can stick a big umbrella in mine & it's nice to be able to duck into the shade between shots. Pushcart for me 100% - I don't have a carry bag
  14. Grins

Trying to Break 100

I played 18 today and put up a sweet 115. Walked with my clicgear, but it was still tiring. I'm so out of shape right now. Swearing game was on point though.
  15. Grins

Dhartmann34's Swing Battle and Journey....

Thanks for posting. I need to do this drill!
  16. Grins

Trying to Break 100

I played for the first time in weeks Monday. Shot a 52, so not good. I think I was swinging too hard & opening up my shoulders & lots ob balls were hit way left. A couple of encouraging results, though. I hit a few really nice shots with my mid irons. One 7 iron in particular was super high...
  17. Grins

Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

I played Fox Den Monday - it was in pretty good shape. Nice to be out swinging clubs again.
  18. Grins

Must Read Golf Books

Some good ones listed already. Some I've read that I highly recommend: Nonfiction (Tour players/events) A Good Walk Spoiled (Really anything by John Feinstein) Open: Inside the Ropes at Bethpage Black Greatest Game Ever Played, The: Harry Vardon, Francis Ouimet, and the Birth of Modern Golf...
  19. Grins

Happy Birthday Doubleb21

Happy birthday!:birthday:
  20. Grins

Clickgear guys, what bags work well with them?

It looks like those new straps would keep any bag from rotating! At first I didn't see why they would be an improvement over the old bungee style. I have a Ping Pioneer on my 3.5+ which looks very similar (except it doesn't have legs). The RTC looks like a perfect bag for a pushcart like...

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in