1. Smiter

Swing finish - where do you stand?

It takes some learning and yes when I get overly fast, I lose them right. Overly slow and they go left (had to teach myself how to draw the ball, well having center to WAY right beats center to WAY RIGHT and LEFT). Overfade, helicopter. That’s me hoping my hands make up for the rest of the...
  2. Smiter

Swing finish - where do you stand?

You forgot to add the “Patrick Reed” helicopter finish when you know you were too fast and are trying everything you can to save the shot. I perfected that last year. Unfortunately have carried it over a few times this year. Back in long drive days I was just hoping not to break the shaft...
  3. Smiter

Shaft recommendations

It’s great to have golfing kids, ain’t it? My then 14 year old now 15 year old surpassed me last year. Now with my accident and his low flighted draw, he was out driving me in the wet conditions we’ve had. Everything I hit plugged, I still have him by 8ish MPH clubhead speed so I’m waiting to...
  4. Smiter

Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Gosh I hope. Colin starts golf practice Tuesday. Unofficial but summer workouts-which involve playing golf and hitting on the range. Hoping he gets more back into it.
  5. Smiter

Ok. I wouldn’t call it all the time it was once and I wanted to make it a point that JB wasn’t singling you out. He replied after you. He didn’t quote you. Maybe I failed there, if so, again no offense. Make today your best!
  6. Smiter

Positive. No lines. No toiling with the Covid Masses. Negative. I smell a bailout coming. I will admit although privatized it is very essential for us to have air travel. I’ll agree strongly with the eerie comment. The few times I’ve flown somewhere it was a mess of humanity. Everywhere...
  7. Smiter

I was directing it towards everyone. I quoted you because you felt singled out by JB. No offense meant.
  8. Smiter

Ahh Jeesh. It’s not a conspiracy. I can’t speak for JB but I can say that the “no politics” thing has been floated many times for everyone. Don’t feel persecuted. It opens up a wormhole that divides many of us. This ain’t a political forum. It’s a golf one. This is a charged thread and I think...
  9. Smiter

Yup. Everyone has choices to make at this point. I’d be characterized as “high risk” due to underlying health issues. I take precuations but it was literally a case of “do I carry on about my day to day or do I cower in fear of something that I don’t want but am not scared of”? I chose to go...
  10. Smiter

And yet you support then with your “Coolatta” purchase? Shame sir, shame. Lol!
  11. Smiter

Don’t forget Mr Vortexdave, you got to meet one of the most interesting hackers on here... @PKorf .... haha!
  12. Smiter

Of actual Ohio impact, my doc is not only seeing people in person but they are taking sick patients as well as suspected Covid cases. Everyone has to wear a mask.
  13. Smiter

US Open Qualifier 2021 - My Journey

Hahaha! Don’t let the golf get in the way of the party, lol. I know when I took my PAT a million years ago it definitely was against the rules. I kind of wondered how I was supposed to play? But I shot my usual scores anyways. I think we could golf together sir!
  14. Smiter

Possible Rule Change: Hit The Flag It Counts

Our local rules at the one course like this is if it touches the cup in any way it counts. I loved it from a scoring perspective. Just ram that 10 footer like your loading a cannon. I would put a one on the card but I wouldn’t count it as a HIO. I’m generally pin hunting when I’m playing...
  15. Smiter

How Long Since You're Last Haircut

Ha. My wife never liked me anyways so what did I care, lol.
  16. Smiter

How Long Since You're Last Haircut

I’ve been cutting my (and until they wanted “cool styles”) my kids hair for the past 15 years. They can have any length from 0-1”. In 1/8” increments. One $20.00 pair of clippers has saved me a boat load. I am due for a trim though.
  17. Smiter

Life changing. Am I kissing the game goodbye?

Well not to fill you with tons of cheer but I didn’t play for most of 10 years. It just wasn’t important to me then. I may have only played 5 times in those ten years. I could have made time, but I had other hobbies then. Once my oldest two were in school and my little guy wouldn’t fall out of...
  18. Smiter

Well, Covid isn’t really spread that way much. But I take cross contanimiantion of chicken as a threat to the existence of mankind and will flamethrow every surface it touches.
  19. Smiter

I feel you. I’m going through similar and it downright sucks. I developed “chemo foot” (do yourself a flavor and don’t google it) recently and life has sucked since. I’ve always viewed that as the cleanest part of my body. Now the number of guys that go #2 and walk out of the stall back to...
  20. Smiter

I was like this pre Covid. I’ve never missed a day in my life pre-accident. I actually was on my personal payroll screen and I thought, “wow-13 years and 13 days and I’ve never once called off”. I shattered my numerous head on the way to work, only leaving once another manager arrived. I’ve been...

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in