1. strawboater

5-Wood vs 3-Hy - Which and Why?

A 5w is only good for a handful of days for me - it flys too high and it’s often windy here.
  2. strawboater

ANNOUNCEMENT Congrats: You are Headed to the Grandmama

Congrats @Tevenor ! A worthy winner and you will be a great participant. (y)(y)
  3. strawboater

Putting Banter

Solid choice
  4. strawboater

Ben Hogan PTx Pro Forged Irons

Nice shots and a beautiful course
  5. strawboater

CONTEST The Grandmama: A Full Bag Of Callaway Equipment, A Trip and More

Last night guys. We need more entries!
  6. strawboater

Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

I have the standard Mav 3 wood with the Rogue 70X. The head is extremely forgiving across the face and it is very long. Getting on Trackman on Monday so will have some numbers then. I also have the standard Mav 4 hybrid. This things is even more forgiving, almost like cheating. Not sure it is...
  7. strawboater

Video Chat with the Callaway Tour Van Reps

Great job guys. Stoked to get my question asked in a live chat too - first time ever! Also, have to say that I am NOT a custom ferrules guy either, but I’m not getting onboard @JB’s ‘scrap the ferrule’ bandwagon either. Sorry! :D
  8. strawboater

VA Composites SLAY Shaft Review

Thanks. Found a thread, along with a video created by your good self! Measuring Shaft Torque Thread
  9. strawboater

RealPretendPsychic's 2020(1) Grandaddy Marathon

Two years to build up I guess, so no rush either. ;)
  10. strawboater

NEED a new Hybrid, what should I get?

Good to hear. A great choice and it was a superb deal.
  11. strawboater

Headcover Showoff Thread

My current favs - Shetland wool (wife is from there): Using the bomber putter cover: My other non-OEM ones:
  12. strawboater

Video Chat with the Callaway Tour Van Reps

Bet these guys love to talk ferrules as much as we do! :D
  13. strawboater

What is your personal putting grip look like? Claw? Standard?

Prayer grip, with both thumbs alongside each other. I find it gives me the best stability and balance in the stroke.
  14. strawboater

VA Composites SLAY Shaft Review

Eek! Is that down to manufacturing tolerances? I don’t understand what you mean when you say there are tons of different measuring methods? Is there a thread on torque and measuring? I feel the need to educate myself now.
  15. strawboater

RealPretendPsychic's 2020(1) Grandaddy Marathon

How often are you looking to get out on the course now lockdown is over @RealPretendPsychic ? A couple of times per week?
  16. strawboater

ANNOUNCEMENT Your Reaction

Nice idea. Thanks @GolferGal :D
  17. strawboater

Video THPer Talks with Club Champion

So much fun to watch that, even with all the tech shenanigans. :D I see ICONs with Recoils in Shane’s future.
  18. strawboater

Will There Be A PGA Show in 2021?

I can’t see there being that much new product out there to promote. Release cycles will be postponed for 12 months whilst manufacturers and suppliers recover.
  19. strawboater

Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

Go faster stripes :D
  20. strawboater

Driver Loft: Poll

An interesting poll would be “how old is your driver AND what loft is it?” If you have a driver that is a few years old, it may have a higher loft due to the #loftup movement at the time. I think lofts have gone reduced back to the 9.0/10.5 levels again in recent years.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in