1. obedt

Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Glad you’re ok man.
  2. obedt

I saw a tweet with something like "Can't believe corona lost a 28-3 lead to racism" Media coverage has completely shifted, which is understandable, but the complete lack of coronavirus in the headlines shows the slant that was given. Stats in PR are looking very stable which is good news as we...
  3. obedt

Data can be so easily manipulated to make a point. Sweden, which enforced some forms of social distancing but didn’t perform a lock down has 8 to 10x times more Covid deaths/pop than it’s Nordic neighbors that did impose strict lockdown measures. The case could be said (and I wouldn’t agree with...
  4. obedt

I hear you; it would be nice to have new models though saying how many would have passed without any measures. Places that maybe waited longer to take measures like Spain and Italy could yield preliminary answers. I think most countries locked down or enforced strict social distancing in some...
  5. obedt

Do you think covid related death projections will be revised with what we know, so that we can compare both if no restrictions had been put in place as is typically the case with the flu?
  6. obedt

I seem to think there was a global panic before lockdowns occurred though. That was the case here were many workplaces sent their workers home before lockdowns were enforced. I agree that the panic set in, whether justifiable in some cases or not, are what drove the economic shift. I guess if...
  7. obedt

Also, I think there is a distinction between lockdown and social distancing. The company I work for (large national company) sent the bulk of its workforce home to continue working before there was a lockdown in any US state/territory. Guessing many companies did the same. That would severely...
  8. obedt

For example, Sweden is contracting economically at pretty much the same rate as the rest of the EU. Their economy depends a lot on the EU, but to have it contract so similarly still brings up the question. I’m surprised you would consider all cruise companies as being completely viable, but...
  9. obedt

yeah, it’s like I referenced in my original post, some industries were absolutely smashed by the lockdown. Others possibly hit worse by the virus itself and the fear it caused. I have no idea how those % bear out in terms of economic factors. I don’t think it’s 99-1, but would be curious to see...
  10. obedt

I think it’s greater, which is why I’d like to see an analysis. Right now travel is allowed, most places are opening back up. I think there will be a lasting effect. For me, personally, that has more to do with precautionary measures. I don’t envision a rush to get on cruise ships. And I’m not...
  11. obedt

Example- Restaurants here are open again, but most people are either ordering take out or cooking. There is a drop off due to the disease now, not just due to the forced closure.
  12. obedt

I don’t think they are. There are effects from forcing a business to close, and effects from people changing their habits due to their own precautions toward the disease and not forced restrictions. Some people will be reticent to travel, or stay at a hotel. To take a cruise, etc. otoh forcing...
  13. obedt

Breaking Down the Ad!

I... I’ve got nothing
  14. obedt

I read it right. Just my post may have been poorly worded.
  15. obedt

It would be interesting to see an analysis of how businesses were affected directly by the virus vs indirectly as a cause of the restrictive SIP measures. Restaurants are opening back up, curious how they fare now vs before the pandemic. Industries like tourism and travel were going to get hit...
  16. obedt

How many rounds in a row can you birdie at least one hole?

1st birdie in forever; honestly cannot remember if I had one last time I played or not, so we’ll just say this is the first bird of 2020 for me. Hit a slightly scruffy 7i that rolled up to a foot.
  17. obedt

Putting Banter

Current bag battle is the incumbent Oworks mini jailbird vs a Toulon San Diego. Different feel, but not enough preference for me to pick because of it. For some reason, and it could be due to hosel or just my alignment, I’m more apt to pull the mallet and push the blade. First round in, with...
  18. obedt

What did you shoot today?

You’re welcome to laugh at my golf game any time man haha. Can’t take it too seriously
  19. obedt

What did you shoot today?

Not sure, but after starting par-par-par, I Tom Brady’d all over the course. Had a big time L-R flight, which honestly isn’t that common any more for me. Contact wasn’t awful, but my distances were significantly shorter than I remember.
  20. obedt

As a friend, I’d ask you try to avoid anyone saying that this is selfish behavior. Being worried about the economic health of all others is far from that. Imho it’s about striking a balance. What Bolsonaro is promoting could also be seen as gambling with people. That’s sad as well. The questions...

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in