1. Daddio

Ozarks National special rate about to expire

Just read the Kohler post so wanted to inform anyone who might be in the Branson area next week that the 'Best New Public Course in America' (Golf Digest Dec 2019) is running a May special. It expires after Thursday next week. Rates are 30% off Mon-Thur so will cost about $135 vs $195 and we're...
  2. Daddio

Questions on how best to configure new wedges, bounce v grind trade offs etc...

Loved the extra forgiveness I got with my last set but need to replace soon. I'm considering a couple tweaks. My last set were original Cleveland CBX at 48/10, 54/12, 60/10. All had V-sole grinds, all were graphite. I intend to go 48 CBX2 - 53 CBX2 - 58 CBX FF this go around. I will probably...
  3. Daddio

Trackman compare: Would you upgrade your driver? Which upgrade candidate is best?

Obviously I'm not as long as most of you all even with these numbers normalized to 85F at my altitude but rollout seemed 'ambitious'. The studio used my preferred gamer balls in fitting. Luckily my swing was relatively consistent. Drivers were set to similar lofts and shaft profiles...
  4. Daddio

Can a brand new driver be a dud?

I did a comprehensive multiple brand driver fitting with an independent trackman fitter last week. The new release that came out on top was the same one I assumed would win out based upon doing a bunch of my own outdoor comparative testing over the last couple months. I ordered my driver to...
  5. Daddio

How much did conversion to New World Handicap system immediately change your cap?

As noted elsewhere, there are certainly bugs and issues with the new launch and I'm not a proponent of many of the changes, especially that others scores now affect my cap. But also there has been lots of concern leading up to launch that our caps would initially plummet. If you were able to...
  6. Daddio

Rules Question: securing sticky tungsten/rubber weight blocks

Last time out, a buddy needed a wedge but didn't bring his out to the 18th green so I let him borrow mine for the shot. After playing it he pointed out that mine weren't weighted legally because I used tape to help secure the stupid tungsten club head weights I bought from the golf shop. They...
  7. Daddio

I need to replace my older GPS watch, any recommendations?

I've been totally reliant on my Bushnell Neo-XS for almost 5 years. I'm programmed to glance at it before every shot so I feel naked without it if I forget to take it to the course. Unfortunately I think I damaged it last week when I played a shot from up close against a tree. (on my follow...
  8. Daddio

I drag back foot during downswing/follow thru. Does that indicate a flaw?

I quickly wear down the inside sole of my back foot from the wide area up to the big toe. Especially shoes I use to practice off mats. My back foot slides from shoulder width gap to about a foot seperation during downswing. I this something I need to worry about?
  9. Daddio

Which new driver package (if any) would you choose? Gains vs $$ (poll)

I presented my testing summary of the top 4 new driver candidates to my pro today. We discussed the numbers, differences in trade in credits and what he'd sell each for and how soon I could expect each. All four were better in most respects than my gamer and I made a decision today. Which...
  10. Daddio

Can adding weight to a driver head help certain golfers increase club head speed?

I've been working real hard on which driver to replace my gamer with and intend to finalize things very soon. In my testing, one of the best performing candidates consistently swings 2-3 mph slower for me than my gamer or the other top candidates. It's consistently slower over several test...
  11. Daddio

TaylorMade M3 M4 Hybrid question

Will there be an official thread up on these where we can ask questions and members can discuss their experiences? Maybe I missed it? When I search I get M3,4 driver and iron threads, but nothing on the hybrids or the fairways. I'm not one to be confident in other sources, I much prefer...
  12. Daddio

Optifit hosel question

Apologies if this has been answered before but I couldn't find what I'm after in a search. Does anyone know how much the lie angle is increased when selecting the 'D' setting? I get that the lie increase would likely be different at different loft settings so I'm after how much more upright...
  13. Daddio

Quarter (or slight) toe hang recommendations

I learned through a fitting that I'd be best suited with 1/4 toe hang putter. I prefer mallets. What models would you recommend? Thanks!! I've had a hard time finding toe hang consistently listed when I try to research putters. Does a resource sorting by toe hang exist somewhere?
  14. Daddio

Epic SZ FW weight swap experiment. Interesting results but would club still conform?

The used ESZ 3+ I recently bought is very similar to the BBA815 3W it replaced except it feels 'lighter' during the swing and at impact whenever I'd just nut one. Yesterday I did a little experiment to see if I could regain some of that lost clubhead feel and sense at impact of just...
  15. Daddio

How much counter weight should I add to the grip end ?

I'm thinking of adding an extra 8 grams to the head weight of my Epic SZ 3+ wood by throwing the 30g weight from my old 815BBA in place of the 22g weight that came standard in my Epic SZ. I don't want to change the swing weight so I'm assuming adding weight to the grip end would do the trick...
  16. Daddio

Hosel adjustments - work best for those who ground their clubs or those who don't?

I've heard rumblings that grounding your club at address (or not) can impact how effective changes to the loft sleeve are but I don't know which way supposedly works best. Both for launch and for left/right change. Thanks.
  17. Daddio

Has a big change made spur of the moment ever paid off for you?

This happened for me in a big way just a few days ago and I owe much of it to THP. This forum is truly the gift that keeps on giving. Literally the last thing I did before heading to the course Weds was to post a simple reply to a flyover video weeicemon linked of hole #2 at Troy Burne in a...
  18. Daddio

Playing the wrong 'balanced' putter, how detrimental would that be?

Putting has been my weakest area BY FAR since returning to golf. I've been focusing my practice on it for the past several months but still have a very long way to go to even come close to how well I used to putt. The quest to improve led me to doing a professional putter fitting yesterday and...
  19. Daddio

Hitting another golfers ball which improved his lie, what is proper?

A couple days ago I was playing a friendly casual round with my new SIL and also getting to know his dad a little better too. My 3W second shot on a par 5 hit smashed directly into his dad's ball as it came down (he was laying 2 about 6 feet in the right rough). My ball kicked back about 10...
  20. Daddio

Could extending a shaft and a reduced taper grip impact driver launch?

The past few months I've had the opportunity to test and review a 2017 Matrix MFS Black Tie driver shaft for THP. I was primarily comparing it to the Mitsubishi Kuro Kage TiNi Silver that I was fitted to in my driver. During the bulk of my testing I was launching the MFS Black Tie effectively...

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in