Search results for query: *

1. DufferToo

Golf League 2022 Post everything here

Hello THP! It's that time of year again, league play. For some of us, leagues started in February. For others, their leagues will start soon. Either way please use this thread to post how you're doing throughout the season, good, bad or ugly.
  2. DufferToo

Ever Play "Nostalgia" Clubs?

Years ago I had boxed up a couple of old iron sets. I was going through stuff today and in with my other sets (yes, sets) of boxed irons were the second set I gamed, Ping Zing 2's 3i-LW. Yes, the head on a Ping Zing 2 could almost be confused with a spatula. Yes, when I get the chance I'm...
  3. DufferToo

Everything SIM Golf Leagues: Winter 2021/2022 (Thoughts, Stats, Etc)

While 99.9% of the golf related threads here on THP are related to outdoor rounds, I thought it would be appropriate to start a thread for those that get their golf fix at sims/domes. So THPer's, now that the sim season is beginning how's it going?
  4. DufferToo

Cobra Driver Adapters: Which Ones are Interchangeable?

Please add to this knowledge base as it might be a good resource for THPer's. In general, which of the different series (Amp, BioCell, F6 etc) are interchangeable with each other? My specific question: Will a SpeedZone Extreme adapter fit in a F7 driver head? Sorry for the noobish question...
  5. DufferToo

Golf League 2021 Post Everything Here

Yes, I realize that the majority of you are staring down the on-coming Polar Vortex. Which, if the media reports are true, is supposed to bring the artic all the way down to the deep South. :eek: What better way to kill time while the kids are building igloos now, or sand castles later, than...
  6. DufferToo

Longest Hybrids

I have been considering changing up my bag and using a hybrid in place of a fairway off the deck. What are the longest hybrids you've hit, regardless of brand?
  7. DufferToo

Woode Club Management System Yay or Nay?

I've been carrying more now that my wife is playing. I'm thinking of picking up a Ogio carry bag with the Woode top or the equivalent in a new bag. Does this style of top minimize club tangle? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
  8. DufferToo

The News: Actual Facts or Something Else? (NO politics please)

In this era of being "connected" 24/7 has the news evolved into something other than a supplier of the facts? Reporters have always wanted to be the first to publish a story and editors have always gone by the adage "if it bleeds, it leads". I'm definitely not the first to question the...
  9. DufferToo

2020 Golf League

The 2020 golf season is fast approaching and I wanted to have a place for us to talk about our various leagues, the courses played as well as posting our results. Basically a continuation of the 2019 thread. ;) Our first league tournament is on the 18th. We're a "traveling" league that has a...
  10. DufferToo

Cyber Monday Grab Bag Exchange Thread 2018 Edition

50 THPers were lucky enough to have Grab Bags headed their way. However, the odds that their luck holds and everything fits might be asking too much. Instead of having a bunch of "will trade" threads popping up that would be hard to follow, I thought that I would start this thread. ETA: Use...
  11. DufferToo

2018 W/S Driver vs Driver 2 Staff Proto Travel and Extra Rounds Thread

Knowing THPers, there will be several extra rounds or other activities scheduled. We can use this to keep travel ideas and extra round info off the main event thread.
  12. DufferToo

2017 THP Regional Rivalry NorCal vs SoCal Travel Thread

NorCal: Post your travel plans, arrival/departure dates and times, etc. SoCal: Post your travel plans, carpool requests, arrival/departure dates and times. Locals: You know the lay of the land (traffic issues, airport issues, etc). Please post suggestions. Thanks
  13. DufferToo

Cognac Thread

I'm trying to expand my adult beverage horizons and Cognac interests me. By starting this thread I hope to provide a place for everyone to share their knowledge of this spirit. So THP, let's get the discussion started. What are your favorites and why do you like them? Any that you're looking...
  14. DufferToo

THPers What's Your Secret to Updating THP and Social Media During Your Round???

THP's event season will be starting up before we know it and that means THPers, from all over the world, huddled around their media devices anxiously waiting on updates. We have some absolute stars that crush the coverage while doing the same to their opponents. I know that I'm the worst at...
  15. DufferToo

The Flushing Sound Coming from California is....

The thousands of “nonviolent” prisoners being released when Prop 57 (The Public Safety and Rehabilitation Act) passes. Of course the Governor, who pushed the proposition onto the ballot, neglected to define what a nonviolent offender actually is. The following crimes are considered “nonviolent”...
  16. DufferToo

Last Chance: Vandenberg AFB Golf Course Closing 1 SEPT 2016

Central Coast THPers, Vandenberg AFB's golf course is running a special $25.00 including cart this weekend 27-28 August 2016. Due to lack of use/profitability the course is being turned over to a developer effective 1 September 2016. With all of the nice courses in the area I'm sure that it...
  17. DufferToo

Shaft Fittings: Professionally Done or Self Diagnosed?

I've posted a poll, though the real data I'm trying to capture will be provided by the answers to the 2 questions below. 1. Have you been fit into the shafts you are currently gaming in your driver, woods, hybrids, and/or irons? 2. What were the post fitting results (improvements in distance...
  18. DufferToo

What Are Your Favorite Iron Grips and Why?

Ok THPers. With all of the brands and styles of iron grips available today, what is your favorite? Personally, I'm a bit of a traditionalist. The Lamkin full cord Crossline grips provide me with the classic look I prefer as well as the nonslip grip I need when my hands are sweaty.
  19. DufferToo

DufferToo - WITB

This is a never before seen sight... My bag uncovered. Do to my constant tinkering with iron sets (wife knows of 5), drivers, hybrids, and wedges for my safety I have found that headcovers are my friend. Putters.... Ok, I might have a slight putter addiction but I have it under control. I'm...
  20. DufferToo

I Need More Power Freddie!! AKA How Do I Engage the Lower Body?

My National Instruction Day Question. I have been working on swinging through the ball vs hitting the ball. I maintain my tempo while getting that nice "swoosh" through the impact zone and ending in a stable "finish". During any full swing, regardless of the club, I try to replicate the feel...
Back