Search results for query: *

1. interlooper

Thank you, Esox

Just wanted to give props to a great pal of THP, Esox. Thanks also goes to Jr. When Esox came to Chicagoland for the golf expo, he and jr. took part in a long-putt contest. Due to their prowess as green-reading masters, Esox and jr. won some free golf rounds. Esox was very kind and forwarded...
  2. interlooper

Tour de France 2012 (spoilers)

The tour is set to start in a few hours. And, of course, I will be watching. Hope it is going to be good, but looks like the overall is down to only a couple of riders already. Hope king of the mountain is interesting though.
  3. interlooper

Golfing with Pigeon Toes

Shout out to all you pigeon-toed golfers! You got it: I am slightly pigeon-toed. It is not really all that noticeable, unless I had a few to drink or am really tired. Nonetheless, I am wondering what, if anything, other pigeon-toed players change in their swing? I make a few slight...
  4. interlooper

Questions regarding impact position slightly over shaft plane at address

Hey Pro. I have a few questions regarding the impact position that are more theoretical in nature. You sometimes hear that a golfer should attempt to get their impact position, specifically the shaft, on the same shaft line that they had at address with irons (assuming that they had a good...
  5. interlooper

Looking to take swing to next level

Pro: I am hoping to make some changes this off season and take it to the next level this upcoming season. Can you please critique this swing and provide advice/guidance as how to get there? Thanks a ton. This is a wedge, but I did a full swing (as if I was swinging an 8 iron) so as you can...
  6. interlooper

Comments on my swing?

As I am intending on making some changes during the off-season, I thought I would get your thoughts on my swing. I am also posting this in the pro section, but I wouldn't mind hearing your criticism, suggestions and other comments. I have found the most success the last few years by "keeping the...
  7. interlooper

Ping's Solheim has a "solution" for the distance problem

"John Solheim, chairman & CEO of Ping, thinks he has an idea for the golf ball distance "problem." In short, Solheim believes that balls should be like the different tee boxes on a course. Solheim's proposal seek a rule change from just one overall distance standard for all balls to a "ball...
  8. interlooper

Off-season Swing Change

Hey guys. I am thinking about making a swing-change during the winter off-season. At the top of my backswing, my hands get pretty high... sorta like Nick Watney high. When it is on, it is good and powerful. When it is off, however, it can get ugly, really ugly I want to be more consistent...
  9. interlooper

Golf Desk Toys

This is one of the desk toys I have at work. I often mess around with it while I am on conference calls. Today, while playing with it, I started thinking about other golf related desk toys. So... What golf desk toys do you have on the desk or around the house? I received this one years ago...
  10. interlooper

Tour de France 2011

Anyone else a big Tour de France fan? I love it. I am pretty lame and DVR all the stages. I am more interested in how the USA teams place this year and the sprints. I think king of the mountain is pretty much already wrapped up. Of the 4 US teams, I have reasons to like 3 of them, so I need...
  11. interlooper

US Open Qualifier for Euro Players

11 players earned spots in the U.S. Open in a qualifier for European Tour players. Unfortunately, Ross Fisher did not qualify and, fortunately, Monty also did not qualify. Ross Fisher can still get in the US open if he gets into the top 50 prior to the Open. He is currently ranked 52. It is...
  12. interlooper

Osama Bin Laden Killed!

Osama Bin Laden was killed by US forces today and confirmed by President Obama.
  13. interlooper

Cracked My Favorite TaylorMade Driver

At the driving range today I Phil-micked my favorite driver (i.e. cracked my driver). I noticed that the sound was a bit different for the first few swings. I just thought that I was missing the sweet spot. Then CRACK!!! The club just opened up, split like the asphalt splits in an...
  14. interlooper

Hacker stole PlayStation Users' Info

Just wanted to give you folks a heads-up. Over the weekend I tried to use Netflix on my PS3 and noticed that the system didn't automatically sign-in as usual. It gave an error message. So I researched it and found out this bad news. Apparently a hacker has gained access to the system and...
  15. interlooper

Dustin Johnson and caddie split ways

Just a few short days after Dustin Johnson stated that his caddy's "job is safe" here, DJ decided to split from his caddy. Of course, it likely need not be noted that this caddy was on the bag during two infamous and frustrating chances to win a major last year and was involved in the incident...
  16. interlooper

Who on the PGA Tour would Dustin Johnson fight?

In a recent article in golf magazine, Dustin Johnson was asked who he would fight. Dustin replied, "someone weak. I could fight someone on tour. He is a big jerk. But I shouldn't say." So, who on tour do you think DJ was talking about?
  17. interlooper

Do you self-diagnose and self-correct on the course?

So it seems lately that a common theme in some of Tiger's recent interviews is that, with his new swing, he is regaining his ability to self-diagnose and self-correct his swing while in the middle of a competitive round. While I believe that I can self-correct, I think my ability to do so is...
  18. interlooper

Wooly Mammoth Resurrected

How awesome is this? Japanese researchers are planning on resurrecting the Wooly Mammoth via cloning frozen cells from a mammoth carcass. They will implant the cells in a elephant egg and uterus. I want to know if the artist's rendition was accurate...
  19. interlooper

JBWere Masters

Anyone else watching this? It has been interesting given the incredible wind during the second round. Tiger seems to be doing a bit better. Sergio just had an amazing round. Also, Robert Allenby just jacked some dude in the face with a wayward drive. Not sure I have ever seen anything quite...
  20. interlooper

Tired = Hips Outrace

I often play 36 holes on the same day. I have began to notice that I develop a distinct problem in my swing that sometimes manifests itself around the 14th hole of the second round (though it sometimes happens randomly on occasion as well). First off, I will give you a little background on my...
Back