Search results for query: *

1. CapC

What did you shoot today?

Got in a practice 9 after work, played well. Bogies were all identical, missed approaches 5-25ft off green. Need to put more time into short game to put myself in a higher 1 putt % range, gotta stop leaving myself 15-20 foot putts. Absolutely pured an iron and had some immediate and fairly...
  2. CapC

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Have gamed a newport for years, decided to try something new this year, have never owned a mallet. Coming from a newport I was certain the phantom 5.5 would be what I took home, just looks so clean. I was wrong. Fitting showed almost identical between the 5.5 and 7.5. When I held them, my...
  3. CapC

Played really well today, had my personal best drive earlier this week at 316 and broke that today with a 334. I'm normally a 285 average drive, the course is so dry it must be rolling out forever, really not sure how else to explain it. I've been working on pushing my swing speed but Ive...
  4. CapC

Choosing my 14th club

Thats an idea I hadn't thought of, I've played 50/54/58 for so long in my wedges I never really thought about going beyond 58 I guess. Looking at them now, might be fun, I do love my wedges. I think I lean to a 4i here as well, Id like to be able to flight the ball and have some more...
  5. CapC

Choosing my 14th club

I'm actually pretty okay with this gap, I feel like I have pretty good feel control with my PW and am usually very comfortable in that range
  6. CapC

Choosing my 14th club

I’ve been playing all season with 13 clubs and not really missing a 14th. That said… I want a 14th. So I’m asking here for ideas as I haven’t noticed any common times in my round where I’m really wishing I had X. I guess id tend to lean to a 3 wood because I've bagged one my whole life. Going...
  7. CapC

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

I want a nice carry bag for when I can't use my trolley, I know about Vessel but looking for a few other options to compare.
  8. CapC

What do you consider "scoring distance"?

Not a set distance because there are too many variables in my mind. Sometimes I pin hunt with a short iron, sometimes Im going middle of the green with a wedge. For the most part I have a good feel of course condition and how my approach shots will react in general. I also consider the impact...
  9. CapC

Had a great round aside from a 3 putt and a blow up on a par 3 #11. Highlight was a 7 iron into a par 3 #17 (plays 170 to middle), closest I've come to an ace, was playing alone though so I suppose its better to save for another day (telling myself that, along with a bourbon is how I'm going to...
  10. CapC

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Replaced my adams cb3s that I've been gaming for the last 10 years with some p770s
  11. CapC

FootJoy HyperFlex Wrapid

Been looking at a pair of these. Has anyone worn these who has also worn tour x that could let me know how they compare in regards to comfort and stability? Can’t decide between the two. Will be exclusively for walking
  12. CapC

WTB: Seemore THP Headcovers

Looking for a few more Seemore THP headcovers. I have Citrus currently, looking for new covers for my other two putters, would be interested in any of the following: Air Mail Beer and Pizza Sushi Thanks
  13. CapC

Golf health and wellness

Hey all! Hope everyone is having a great off season and getting all kinds of fun projects around the house done (at least for those of us who have an off season). I was out playing in Wisconsin in December until we got snowed on really hard. One good thing about it at least is you can play...
  14. CapC

Let's have a discussion about the 3 wood.

[!Caution Wall of Text caused by a weekend of rain] Hey everyone, I wanted to discuss a topic that I have been thinking about quite a bit lately pertaining to well, as I'm sure you noticed in the title - the 3 wood. (Disclaimer: This thought process is a result of being cooped up in the house...
  15. CapC

Myrtel Beach Packages

Looking for a package recommendation for march 2013 in myrtel beach - never been there myself looking for something all inclusive for a week. Would appreciate any recommendations or reviews from anyone who lives near or who has vacationed there before. My dad and I are planning on each taking...
  16. CapC

Quick ball flight question

I am curious, I have what I feel to be a fairly consistent swing. I am able to analyze my shots and swing fairly well which is a huge upside for me. Last night I was on the range working on my driver, I was hitting a consistent draw with an identical flight path with my Fast 12. The ball...
  17. CapC

Investment Assistance

Any market wizards out there with a few minutes? I've run out of ideas of where to look and am hoping some smart money wizard here at THP could help out. I'm a younger guy (27 in a few days here) and have been investing into my companies 401k offering for the past year. I have very little...
  18. CapC

FS: Callaway Razr x hl 3h/4h

Heres an attempt at my first sale at THP. Have some lightly used very well taken care of Callaway hybrids. Razr x hl model. Stock Callaway shafts and grips. Regular flex. Asking 200 for the pair(shipped) (going to try to get them to go together first will consider splitting them up if need be)...
  19. CapC

Terrible Evening. Consumer Warning.

I was finishing up work yesterday, excited to head out to my lesson at 5:30 when I received a call from my sister. Now, my mother and sister live together in an apartment, they recently moved up here to be closer to me after my parents ended up separating (about 2 months ago). Well when I...
  20. CapC

Could use a little help

Morning Gents, I have finally identified the true cause of my miss (slice off the tee / fat iron hit (not chunk)). All season I have been struggling with the occasional slice and hitting my irons fat causing me to end up short of greens or short of pin placements causing me to get up and down...
Back