Search results for query: *

1. CapC

Choosing my 14th club

I’ve been playing all season with 13 clubs and not really missing a 14th. That said… I want a 14th. So I’m asking here for ideas as I haven’t noticed any common times in my round where I’m really wishing I had X. I guess id tend to lean to a 3 wood because I've bagged one my whole life. Going...
  2. CapC

WTB: Seemore THP Headcovers

Looking for a few more Seemore THP headcovers. I have Citrus currently, looking for new covers for my other two putters, would be interested in any of the following: Air Mail Beer and Pizza Sushi Thanks
  3. CapC

Golf health and wellness

Hey all! Hope everyone is having a great off season and getting all kinds of fun projects around the house done (at least for those of us who have an off season). I was out playing in Wisconsin in December until we got snowed on really hard. One good thing about it at least is you can play...
  4. CapC

Let's have a discussion about the 3 wood.

[!Caution Wall of Text caused by a weekend of rain] Hey everyone, I wanted to discuss a topic that I have been thinking about quite a bit lately pertaining to well, as I'm sure you noticed in the title - the 3 wood. (Disclaimer: This thought process is a result of being cooped up in the house...
  5. CapC

Myrtel Beach Packages

Looking for a package recommendation for march 2013 in myrtel beach - never been there myself looking for something all inclusive for a week. Would appreciate any recommendations or reviews from anyone who lives near or who has vacationed there before. My dad and I are planning on each taking...
  6. CapC

Quick ball flight question

I am curious, I have what I feel to be a fairly consistent swing. I am able to analyze my shots and swing fairly well which is a huge upside for me. Last night I was on the range working on my driver, I was hitting a consistent draw with an identical flight path with my Fast 12. The ball...
  7. CapC

Investment Assistance

Any market wizards out there with a few minutes? I've run out of ideas of where to look and am hoping some smart money wizard here at THP could help out. I'm a younger guy (27 in a few days here) and have been investing into my companies 401k offering for the past year. I have very little...
  8. CapC

FS: Callaway Razr x hl 3h/4h

Heres an attempt at my first sale at THP. Have some lightly used very well taken care of Callaway hybrids. Razr x hl model. Stock Callaway shafts and grips. Regular flex. Asking 200 for the pair(shipped) (going to try to get them to go together first will consider splitting them up if need be)...
  9. CapC

Terrible Evening. Consumer Warning.

I was finishing up work yesterday, excited to head out to my lesson at 5:30 when I received a call from my sister. Now, my mother and sister live together in an apartment, they recently moved up here to be closer to me after my parents ended up separating (about 2 months ago). Well when I...
  10. CapC

Could use a little help

Morning Gents, I have finally identified the true cause of my miss (slice off the tee / fat iron hit (not chunk)). All season I have been struggling with the occasional slice and hitting my irons fat causing me to end up short of greens or short of pin placements causing me to get up and down...
  11. CapC

Moving to Colorado

Well, I'll be moving out to Colorado in about 18 months, the decision has been made and the wheels are in motion at work. Looks like I will be in the Denver / Boulder area, anyone who can comment on what it is like living in the area? Any courses I should start looking at? Never done any...
  12. CapC

Assistance with lie

I can strike the ball very well and consistently on a level lie in the fairway, I know that when in the rough I have to strike down at a more drastic angle. However when my feet are above or below the ball, in the fairway or the rough I tend to struggle a bit and usually miss the green left or...
  13. CapC

Golf made simple school?

Morning all, I have been taking lessons every other week since the season started this year and it has really helped to improve my game. My father was talking to me about attending this golf school at Grand Geneva in Wisconsin. I was curious if any of my fellow hackers have had any experience...
  14. CapC

Poor showing at Callaway range day.

Very disappointed with the way Callaway held a local range day. I drove down and picked up my father, took a half day off work to do so, and we were excited! Took him over to a local range day for Callaway, as I recently purchased a Fit 3 Wood and a few hybrids from them that he liked and as he...
  15. CapC

Advice at the range?

I am curious how everyone feels about giving / receiving advice at the range? I have never given anyone advice at the range, even if I know what they are doing wrong. Just never seemed to be my place. I personally would not mind at all if someone saw a flaw in my swing and pointed it out for...
  16. CapC

WTT: proV1's for TP5's.

I am looking to trade Titleist ProV1's for TP5s. I tried out the TP5's today and they performed significantly better for me than the ProV1's. I also have a sleeve of ProV1x's (though they are in a pro V1 box - they are just in the box pro v1 box because I spilled a bottle of water that...
  17. CapC

Which Flatstick?

So I am going back and forth between a couple putters and very indecisive. Curious what my fellow THPers would do here. Money aside, based strictly on feel, quality, aesthetics and technology which of the following 3 putters would you choose if you could purchase only one? (I realize they...
  18. CapC

My first lesson

I received my first lesson today with an actual PGA coach. Wow. That is all I can really say. The coach told me I have a great swing but am doing a few things very wrong. Firstly he corrected two things that I have lived by pertaining to alignment and my swing. These were taught to me...
  19. CapC

Used high end putters?

I often see higher end putters (Bettinardi, SeeMore,SC, Ansers etc) selling around 70-80% of their retail cost and a lot of advice pointing to buying them second hand. My question is, how much does a putter fitting help? Are the benefits from a putter fitting not worth the $50 you save buying...
  20. CapC

Judging a golf lesson?

Morning all, I apologize if this has been asked, but I did a search and didn't find what I was looking for. If I'm just blind I would be very grateful of a point in the right direction. Essentially, I have never taken lessons, the only formal instruction I have really had was during High...
Back