Search results for query: *

1. obedt

Your Top 5 Best Golfers

With the OWGR being …unreliable at best, who would you consider to be the best 5 golfers based on current form?
  2. obedt

Would Justin Rose be a good signing for Cobra Golf

With Bryson’s contract expiring, there could be an opening for a decent Cobra OEM contract. Justin Rose is trying out their new irons. Would that be a good match? Former #1, major winner, etc.
  3. obedt

Is fitting data available to the public?

I think brand agnostic fitting counts tell an interesting story. Obviously certain fitters will have some brand preferences, but among all of them those should balance out. Just wondering if that data is available to the public. I’m usually not an early adopter, so this may interest me more...
  4. obedt

Has PGA Tour Live on ESPN+ been a success?

Apologies if this has been asked before. Complicated question on the title, as it can be looked at in different ways: *Personally, have you watched more since it moved over to ESPN+? Do you enjoy the coverage? Are you ok w/ the production? *Has it gotten the PGA Tour increased viewership? This...
  5. obedt

Playing in your company’s Charity event

Wondering if any of you play in your conpany’s Charity events. I got an invite to ours this year; it’s typically a low stress environment and honestly I’m a decent scramble partner so there are usually opportunities to place. Thing is, where I now work the structure is quite a bit different...
  6. obedt

BMW PGA Championship, DP World Tour

Again played in Wentworth Club, Virginia Water, Surrey, England This year’s edition brings with it a whole different angle - 18 LIV golfers will be participating. Should be a fun tournament.
  7. obedt

Trackman University

Has anyone looked much into Trackman U? I just stumbled on it and it looks like there is a wealth of [free] info there. As a data-geek, after only 30 min I'm pretty impressed. Will try to get through so more modules time-permitting. TrackMan University - Free Golf Education
  8. obedt

What is Viktor Hovland’s ceiling?

With his latest win, Hovy goes up to #3 in the world. What kind of career can we expect from him? I, for one, am a huge fan of his personality and hope he becomes a multiple-major winner. Is #1 in the world a possibility?
  9. obedt

Flightscope Mevo+ Review

Over the last 15 years, there have been many transformative advacements in golf technology. Some extend beyond the famous What's In The Bag. Key among those has been the realization of capturing ball and club data, while modeling that accurately. As advancements continue, companies are able to...
  10. obedt

5G Protest Day

Global protest happening tomorrow https://www.cnet.com/news/5g-towers-could-be-attacked-across-the-us-this-weekend-group-warns/ Anyone going to participate? I think this is caused by some claiming a link between 5G and the coronavirus, but not sure that's completely accurate. Curious if anyone...
  11. obedt

Learning together about Launch Monitors

This is a complicated subject, and a bit of a rabbit hole. I started doing research very recently, and feel like I've learned some but have some huge gaps in knowledge. There's also a ton of misinformation out there- I was doing research when a tweet from Mr Vrska showed up fact-checking some...
  12. obedt

Magic genie grants a wish - eliminate one shot from your repertoire

So if you had the chance to eliminate one (but only one) shot forever, what would it be? Duck hook? Gone Shank? Never again Banana slice? Nope For me it would be the bladed wedge. I know there are worse misses in golf, but this one bites me in the @#$ too often. I'd be a happier man without...
  13. obedt

Superstroke Wristlock Putter grip

Just came across this in my inbox. Please merge if a thread had already been posted and I missed it...
  14. obedt

Hybrid shape - Minifairway or more iron-like?

Wondering about preferences in hybrid shapes. There’s some differentiation there between more of a rounded, mini fairway type vs a higher toe, more iron like profile. Do you have a preference? Pros and cons of each from a performance standpoint or is it more about comfort for the user?
  15. obedt

Using tech to assist in practice

I know a few people used the SC lines for practice. A few others have SkyTraks or other launch monitors. How often do you use tech for practice purposes? Whether it be a swing tracker, putting sensor, etc there's a TON of options that sound good in principle, but not necessarily something we...
  16. obedt

Once stores open back up, what club are you most eager to hit?

Another self-explanatory one. You're either shelter in place or can get out but golf stores in your area are closed. What's got your attention? Anything that you want to hit for the first time, or maybe try again?
  17. obedt

Last club or shaft purchase that wasn't fitted

Easy enough, what was the last club or shaft you bought that wasn't fit for you?
  18. obedt

Best video I've seen on early extension

This problem has crept into my game massively over the last 4 years. Have seen some old vids of my swing and it certainly wasn't as prevalent, but I'm terrible right now extending early. I thought this video has been the best one in getting my body to reduce this and wanted to share. May help...
  19. obedt

Playing Virtual Golf beyond CV19

With SkyTrak, Optishot becoming afforadable options, as well as preowned GC2 units becoming more available, and now the Mevo+ in that same price range as SkyTrak the virtual golf environment has already been growing. With the current pandemic, unit demands have been increased. The idea of the...
  20. obedt

Early in the round, that one bad miss

Contrary to a lot of my posts, I was actually kind of pleased with how I scored/played the second half of last year. Still a lot room for improvement, but there were a couple of things I did that allowed me to score ok by my standards. The biggest was keeping the ball in play. The Epic Flash...
Back