Search results for query: *

1. SharkHat

Sharing some memories of my father

It's been an emotional time with the loss of my father. His memorial service on Saturday was helpful in many ways. One thing that was special were some picture boards that my niece and a family friend put together. I grabbed some snapshots from them to share with my THP family. A small tribute...
  2. SharkHat

What if you miss that gimme after it's given?

Last week on the course, one of the players in my foursome was given a putt, but decided that he wanted to try to putt it out anyway to see if he could make it. I've done this before as well, as sometimes when you actually have a nice par or birdie chance, you just want the feeling of finishing...
  3. SharkHat

Golf Monthly 588 RTX Twitter contest

Golf Monthly @GolfMonthly Win one of 10 @ClevelandGolf 588 RTX wedges. Simply tweet us a picture of your oldest/most worn-down wedge using #winawedge. Closes Fri 15th
  4. SharkHat

Where'd that one go?? Trouble tracking the ball ... help!

I need some suggestions for ways to hopefully address an issue I've been having both on the course and on the range. I'm total crap at tracking golf balls. Just ask ddxu. At the St Louis Tour Van stop, on the very first hole we spent 5 minutes in a briar patch, picking up pounds of bright...
  5. SharkHat

Loft versus Launch Angle (or how I learned to hate strong lofts)

So other threads won't continue to get hijacked, here ya go.
  6. SharkHat

First lesson tomorrow! Advice?

My Mother-in-law got me a pack of 9 lessons from Golf Galaxy as a Christmas present. I scheduled the first lesson for tomorrow morning at 11:15, and I'm currently feeling a mix of nervousness and excitement. The nerves are over the fact that this is a new venture for me, and to call what I've...
  7. SharkHat

Open apology

This is a difficult post for me to write, and some may tell me that it's an unnecessary gesture, but I feel compelled to apologize and also put some information out there. Shortly after the St Louis Tour Van stop, I disappeared from the forums. This happened to also be during the SeeMore...
  8. SharkHat

Alternative ways to wish someone "Good Luck"

Different activities sometimes have different ways to wish someone well or good luck. In acting, there's the old superstition of telling someone to "Break a Leg". In the motorcycle world there are many like "Keep the shiny side up" or "Keep the rubber down". So, I was curious to see what we...
  9. SharkHat

Progress in rebuilding my swing

I went to the range last night with a friend. I was hitting my irons much better than even three weeks ago. I made good contact and the paths were pretty straight. Lofted clubs actually have loft in them now instead of staying 8' off the ground. Distance was moderate, but since I'm focusing on...
  10. SharkHat

New arrival from the St. Louis area

Hello there THP! I'm a 37 year old golfer that is returning to the game after a hiatus of nearly a decade. I discovered golf when I was in my early 20's, and learned to love the strategic aspects of the chess game we all play with the course. I had a friend who introduced me to the game and...
Back