Search results for query: *

1. widespot

Is driving or putting harder? The math...

But a good putt gains you a stroke a good drive does not. In fact you can hit a poor drive in play and still gain strokes on par.
  2. widespot

Minnesota & Wisconsin Thread

Sorry I missed. Cold one.
  3. widespot

Is driving or putting harder? The math...

Putting is harder. You can drive poorly (to an extent) and still score. You can’t score well without putting well (they aren’t are going to be tap ins).
  4. widespot

Tiger vs. Scottie : Who had/has more competition?

The debate for the ages. It’s Tiger on this one.
  5. widespot

Winter full of sim swings: Will it translate to the course?

Just swinging in the winter is helpful. I don’t find that simulated golf is really golf but having a club in your hand and hitting balls has to help your striking.
  6. widespot

Minnesota & Wisconsin Thread

I'm in SE metro and could be down.
  7. widespot

Worth it to go to the driving range in the cold?

40 is nice. Have a plan and go.
  8. widespot

Rolling the Ball Back For Good?

Those are conforming golf balls. I presume in 2030 they’ll be conforming.
  9. widespot

Rolling the Ball Back For Good?

In my opinion the USGA doesn’t care if it grows the game. It’s an organization that has the private clubs interests top of mind. It doesn’t generally matter to those folks if they grow the game or not. It will always be accessible for them.
  10. widespot

Sand play thread

I went to a wedge fitting and the guy taught me how to get out of bunkers inside on a mat. He had me hitting the ceiling. I’m not good enough to explain it, but I get low and stay low. Works.
  11. widespot

Why? Why? Why?

Golf is hard. My handicap plummeted in July, breaking 80 seemed easy, for a while. Now struggling despite continuing to work to improve. One shot at a time.
  12. widespot

Shallowing the Club

I thought this was my fault for years. Turns out it’s the opposite.
  13. widespot

Riding with Randos

I'd go somewhere I could walk, but this is what golf is meant for. Meeting people.
  14. widespot

What did you shoot today?

Struggled to an 82 (9 over) the finished bogey, quad, bogey. Not good made 4 birdies.
  15. widespot

The Hot Sauce Thread

16. widespot

Do you wear golf shirts to work?

Yes. So does everyone else.
  17. widespot

How Many Pairs Of Shoes In Your Rotation?

I’ll say 2 since the third is getting 🤢
  18. widespot

I was 6 over after 15 today and called it because of darkness. I don’t understand why one week you can play great and the next play like crap.
  19. widespot

British or Open?

It’s the British Open
  20. widespot

Today I went back to the course I learned on as a kid. +2 38. I was a little disappointed in the score. I think I can finally say I may be better now than back then.
Back