Search results for query: *

1. mab13

Cobra LTDx Driver Lineup

Can someone help me understand the MOI numbers please? I’ve read: - G425 Max has MOI exceeding 10,000. - LTDx has MOI approaching the USGA’s limit of 5,900. Those two statements can’t legitimately co-exist. Is there an objective measurement of MOI, and if so how does the LTDx compare to the...
  2. mab13

Cobra RADSPEED Drivers

Driver Battle - Part Deux!! Following my G425 Max (gamer) vs Radspeed XB battle a few pages back, I was keen to pick up a standard Radspeed for comparison purposes. Well, the standard Radspeed arrived a few days ago. The G425 Max has been my gamer all season and has performed very well...
  3. mab13

Cobra RADSPEED Drivers

Yes, but the lure of the Season Opener edition was too strong… and it only comes in 10.5*! I lofted down the XB to 9.5* (and also tested at 9*), which put it at a comparable loft to the G425. That also opened the face a little which was the only ‘fade bias’ option I had vs the weighted fade...
  4. mab13

Cobra RADSPEED Drivers

Battle of the forgiving drivers!! I’ve been playing a G425 Max all season, initially with a Motore X F1 and latterly with a Ventus Blue, and it has been the most consistent I’ve driven the ball in as long as I can remember. For context, my driver ball speed is in the mid-140s, and my target...
  5. mab13

New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

Can anyone provide (or point me accordingly within this thread if it’s already covered) how the Forged Tecs compare with yesteryear’s Forged Tours? Variable length by the way, and I’ve been playing the Forged Tours for the last 2-3 years so I’m very comfortable with them. I can overcome the...
  6. mab13

2014 Nike VR Forged Pro Combo - Opinions?

Given the 2011 release of the Pro Combo iron set has 159 pages of information, I was expecting to find more on the 2014 release. Does anyone play these irons? Has anyone tried them for an extended period of time? Thoughts greatly appreciated, paricularly with the stock DG Pro shaft. Thanks...
  7. mab13

'Set' wedges - who does P, G, S, L?

I was considering picking up the Adams XTD Forged wedges, but they're not stocked in Europe so will be too difficult to get hold of. Can anyone recommend an iron model that offers this complete set of wedges? I'm looking for a sleek players iron as opposed to GI or SGI... which was why I was...
  8. mab13

WTB: Adams XTD Driver Head (10.5*)… shipped to the UK!

Hey guys, Looking for a 10.5* Adams XTD driver head, but you must be willing to ship to the UK. :-) Please let me know if you're looking to move one on. Thanks! Mark
  9. mab13

Nike Method Mod 90 - I got one!

My Nike Method Mod 90 landed yesterday... Looks: Let's get straight to it... this is the best looking putter I've ever owned. This is, perhaps, the best looking putter I've ever seen. This could even be the best looking putter there has ever been. Nike’s description of being a MODern...
  10. mab13

I can't believe it... I think I'm finally happy with my set up!

I have a couple of remaining shafts landing next week after wihch my bag will be as per my sig below. At that point, I *think* I'll be completely happy with my equipment setup. It's a rather strange feeling as I've been buying and selling clubs on eBay for over 10 years always searching for the...
  11. mab13

KBS Hybrid Shaft - Thoughts from those who have played it...

Apologies if the hybrid shaft has been discussed elsewhere; the search facility requires a minimum of 4 characters I believe so searching for 'KBS' doesn't work. Anyway... I recently picked up a tour issue 20* Adams LSP to compliment my retail 15* Adams LS, as I prefer the smaller footprint of...
  12. mab13

Can someone please measure their RIP Phenom for me...?

I've bought a pre-owned Phenom 70s. It is apparently a clean pull from a fairway wood so should have been tipped one inch, but I would like to confirm before installing. Would you mind measuring your Phenom from a particular graphic to the tip... and obviously let me know if your Phenom is...
  13. mab13

RIP Phenom vs Tour AD DI

Does anyone have experience of these two shafts... ideally the same weight class, same flex and in the same head to remove unnecessary variables? How did they compare for you in terms of launch, spin, dispersion, feel, etc.?
  14. mab13

Short end of the back with jacked loft PW - recommendations please

My bag is fairly well set for the season... driver - check, fairways - check, irons - check, wedges - wait a minute. Moving to the CB3s, the lofts are fairly jacked with a 45* PW... and I'm unlikely to find a 49* CB3 GW in the UK as they're a rare sight over here. I've also recently dropped my...
  15. mab13

Anyone reshafted a Mashie FW? With what? Results?

I guess the title says it all. What have you reshafted with and what results have you experienced in terms of distance, ball flight and dispersion? I'm waiting until it's a little warmer to test for sure, but I think the FW7 is only mariginally longer than my 4 iron. I have considered...
  16. mab13

Quick Cobra AMP Question

My AMP arrived today and is brand new - bought from eBay I thought it was lightly used! The plastic is still on the grip. Brilliant. One quick question though as I've not scrutinised the crown finish of an AMP before now. The finish looks brushed, but feels very smooth so I assume that...
  17. mab13

Thinking about a change up - Best non-current models?

Hi chaps, Edit: First of all... welcome. I've just realised that, whilst I frequently peruse the forum, this is my first post! I've recently been contemplating a change of equipment for the 2013 season for a bit of fun. As a bit of background, I'm a fairly average golfer with a 12 handicap...
Back