Search results for query: *

1. Otis32

Power Outage

Something started to happen with my driver swing last year and the issue became cemented in the second half of the year. Good swings in previous years would see me carrying my driver in the 235-240 yard range. Right now what feels like a good swing and good contact is more like 210-215 yards...
  2. Otis32

Shaft for 2016 M2 5-wood

The Reax shaft for my M2 5-wood came apart at the hosel. Maybe my search internet search skills are poor but having trouble finding a used shaft of the same model. Any suggestions on a good replacement shaft option that would fall in the $50-$100 range. I liked the stock shaft quite a bit so...
  3. Otis32

Swing like Vijay?

Or at least make your swing feel like Vijay's looks...... Vijay has been getting some air time lately between his good early rounds at the Players and with the Senior Majors. Always loved how languid & fluid his swing looks and the fact he never seems to overswing. Purchased a GolfTec lesson...
  4. Otis32

Breakthrough Round or Anomaly?

In early June I shot a 74 during a round at the home course. Handicap at the time was 14.6. Since then I have broken 80 once (79) but have shot a majority of my other rounds between 80-85 with three rounds in the 87-89 range. For others who have been fortunate enough to shoot a really low...
  5. Otis32

Common practice with posting match play scores......

Have noticed with today's revision the home course has not posted my last two match play scores. Curious if this is common as in both cases we finished the rounds and recorded scores through all 18 holes. Is it because they assume putts may have been given? Asking because I have noticed some...
  6. Otis32

Spring Meltdowns & Late Summer Peaks?

Probably more of a question for golfers in the northern climates who have an off-season. For myself I often suffer through an extended period (month or so) of poor golf starting roughly 4-5 weeks after the season opens. Not sure why I tend to play decent out of the gate and then crash but it...
  7. Otis32

Consistently driving it better on certain holes. Why does it happen.

Been playing my home course 75% of the time for going on 2-years now and despite lots of "course knowledge" I still find that I drive the ball much better on certain holes. It is not always about the hole favoring the right shot shape or a landing area matching well with a certain distance or...
  8. Otis32

Pro Tracer - Why don't we see it more often

Been watching the Open for over an hour now and have only seen them use it once. I think ESPN/ABC calls their version Flight Tracker. Is this expensive technology? Something they can only set up on one or two holes? I really like watching how the pros move the ball. How much or how little...
  9. Otis32

Mixing Ball Flights For a Bogey Golfer - Good Idea?

About two seasons ago I started working on a few things to improve my ball striking. In a nutshell I worked hard on centering my sternum over the ball, keeping a steady head, shorter backswing and cupping my right wrist some at the top. It has definately helped my mid-irons to wedge play and I...
  10. Otis32

Wedge Gapping Question

So I found a good Black Friday weekend deal on a set of Cleveland CG16's and pulled the trigger. The lofts are stronger on these irons than my current set of TA-7's so I need to re-work my wedges too. My current wedges are CG14's in 52-degree (gap) and 56-degree (SW). My thoughts are to go...
  11. Otis32

Question on Fitting & the State of Your Game

My current set of irons (TA7 Tours) is 8-10 years old so have told myself 2013 is the year for a new set & some wedges. My plan is to take advantage of the local Golftec and utilize the fitting process to get the best set of GI irons for my swing. It is near the end of the season here in MN...
  12. Otis32

Golf Course Season Pass & Reasonable Price Points

It looks like my finances will allow for the purchase of a season golf pass in 2013. Most of the public courses around here call it a membership but what it really amounts to is a walking golfers season pass. Looking at the websites I am seeing individual rates in the $1300 - $1400 range...
  13. Otis32

Steve Sabol Passed Away

Anybody who grew up in the 70's before cable was what it is today and loved football probably remembers this gentlemans work. Great video, great production, great writing and the voice of John Facenda was the perfect compliment. Rest in peace Mr. Sable. Your work was top notch.
  14. Otis32

Golf Shirts - That don't need to be tucked in

Looking for ideas on some golf shirt brands (or versions of brands) that look presentable when not tucked in the pants/shorts. Have looked at (and tried on) a lot of UA, Addidas & Nike shirts etc. and even at 6' 0" tall & 200 LBS most of them are way to long and way to big at the bottom to...
  15. Otis32

Intro

I posted in another thread and got a little nudge reminding me to post an introduction here. Long story not so short I am kind of a prodigal hacker who is coming back to regular golf after a 20-year hiatus. Was a total golf addict for four years or so after college. Loved it and worked a job...
Back