Search results for query: *

1. spazzdog

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

Just wanted to drop by and wish everyone a happy, peaceful holiday celebration. I've been away for a bit - I just don't have the finances available to play golf right now, and this place is like a beautiful bakery where the scent of delectable treats makes the hunger harder to bear. Know you...
  2. spazzdog

Just a quick note

Hi guys & gals. I haven't been around much the past week and wanted to stop in. My dog has a health issue that is keeping me occupied... Fungal (yeast) infection in all 4 paws topped by a bacterial infection too. The meds are nasty, she has to have food on board before the meds and off course...
  3. spazzdog

2014 - Gay Games 9, Cleveland Ohio

It's early, I know... I just posted this up on my Facebook and thought I'd toss it out here. Golf has become a passion... My improvement is slow, but there, much to my delight. My dreamy thoughts turn to 2014 Gay Games 9 (see Gay Games FB page for info). I competed in '90 (Vancouver) and '94...
  4. spazzdog

Your "Blues" name

Read and follow the instructions :D
  5. spazzdog

2012 LPGA Evian Masters [SPOILERS]

The pairings are up - see them here: http://www.lpgascoring.com/public/Pairings.aspx?TournamentID=27868 The Morning Drive crew, when discussing which American most needs a win here, unanimously stated Paula Creamer. THP opinions? Yani is here with a new caddy - will it help? Should be a good...
  6. spazzdog

Road to the LPGA - Symetra Tour

This weekends tourney is the NE Delta Dental International in NH. Big Breakers Marcela Leon (currently T10 @ -1), Gloriana Soto (missed cut) and Selanee Henderson (missed cut) started. THP friend, Kris Tamulis is still in it at T21@ +1. Going into final round today, the leader is Jenny...
  7. spazzdog

42nd Bright Realty Texas Open

Is anyone going (or qualifying)? Here's the link: http://ntpga.com/open_champ.htm
  8. spazzdog

2012 Women's U.S. Open [Spoilers]

It starts tomorrow and is looking to be a very interesting tourney. A description of the course and setup for the Open: http://www.usga.org/ChampEventContent.aspx?id=21474844840 The tee times for Thurs and Fri...
  9. spazzdog

AvidGolfer Passbook

I met a guy during last weeks round that got on of these and wondered if anyone else has ever used them. They go for $49 (and change) and supposedly include 40 free rounds (greens fees only, you pay cart and taxes) at select courses in your area. The link is for the DFW area pack...
  10. spazzdog

Plantation GC in Frisco TX

Did a search of existing but found nothing (could be Tapatalk search just stinks), so - has anyone played this course? It's where the br-in-law & I are scheduled to play on Thur morning. If yes, what's the opinion? Thank you!
  11. spazzdog

Ladies who launch - come out, come out, wherever you are!

I thought I'd get a topic going for the girls... Not that you guys aren't thoroughly entertaining. So, who's here that's female (no real names unless you want to), how old are you, where are you ( as general as you are comfortable with), how long have you played, what got you into golf and...
  12. spazzdog

WTB: Front-facing putter

And the "B" stands for Buy, Beg or Borrow. I am 5'7", 31" floor to wrist, 53" floor to armpit, RH. I seriously want to try one of these but have no access. Have fiddled with the stance using a regular putter and my eyes like it. So, if you have one laying around that you aren't emotionally...
  13. spazzdog

Courses in Austin/Hill Country plus a couple extra

Returned from the THP TX outing to a Sunday insert featuring Hill Country (TX) courses and thought I'd share them here in case anyone is traveling/moving or just wanting a new road trip. The Club at Concan - Concan TX: 7333 yds/ tips, 5187 yds/fwd, links like in design, par 72, rates $30-60...
  14. spazzdog

Driver distance same as 3 iron - what's up with that?

It should further, yes? Those that can see my sig know I'm using hand-me-down clubs, most my step-moms, some my dad's. The majority are 1986 ish MacGregor DX. They are steel (I guess). The 2 drivers I inherited are: 1) "The Bear" marked Nicklaus 1, Linear Dynamics with shaft marked Progressive...
  15. spazzdog

Backpack carry straps for golf bag

I have a new cart bag and want to start walking an occasional 9 to get more exercise. Most of the places I play don't allow pullcarts. Does anyone have any experience/recommendations for the backpack like straps? They need to be adjustable... Though I'm 5'7, my length is all legs; I have a...
  16. spazzdog

Shoes: Puma vs Adidas

This is a fit question and specifically a women's shoe, however if any of you guys have worn both/tried on both Puma and Adidas, please chime in. I'm hard to fit because I have a full size difference in my feet. Except for running, I buy to fit my larger foot, and have worn Adidas athletic...
  17. spazzdog

World Ranking and the mystery of the formula

So, though I'm a newbie to playing, I'm an info junkie. I listen, read about the debacle of Luke being #1 without a major win, Rory being in and out of #1 and, of course, Tigers position. So I went in search of the formula used... And got a big headache. The crux of what I did get was points...
  18. spazzdog

Recommend course(s) in vicinity of Dolphin Island AL

The family takes an annual beach trip and this year they're all going to Dolphin Island AL (not me, gotta take care of my dog). Anyway, my bro-in-law who always plays with me wants to hit some of the Robert Trent Jones TrIl courses and I wondered if, other than those, are there any other...
  19. spazzdog

Howdy from "south of Dallas"

Hi y'all! I'm an ex-runner (30 yrs), part-time road cyclist that has just taken up golf - its a lot easier on the knees :) Been playing a couple times or more per month with my bro-in-law for about 8 months. A beginner and female means I'm playing from the forward tees these days but have set...
Back