Search results for query: *

1. duckseatfree

Make up your own rules?

I was just thinking about this and thought it might be fun. Do you "create" your own rules when you're playing a round with your friends. I've heard people do the double par rule where you can't score more than double par on a hole (cap at 8 on a par 4). I personally don't play that way, but...
  2. duckseatfree

Water Hazard around green. What's the rule?

I just played a par 4 that has water all along the right side of the fairway and then wraps around the green so there's water behind the green. I hit my tee shot in the middle of the fairway and had about 150 to the pin. I hit my next shot with a fade but I end up hitting it a little too far...
  3. duckseatfree

Iron Refinishing Service?

I have a set of Mizuno mp 60s which I love. My 8 and 9 irons are pretty dinged up and am looking to have them refinished. I was wondering if you guys know of any good, reputable places that could do a chrome finish. I have used golfworks.com in the past and they were great but they don't...
  4. duckseatfree

I lost my swing! ...and how its slowly coming back!

After a 2 year hiatus, I started playing golf again in June. It took me a little while to get in the groove but I slowly improved. In a few weeks I shot a 115, 108, 103, 99, 95, 89, 83, 80. I was ecstatic! And then it happened. I lost my swing. I have NO CLUE how I went from shooting an...
  5. duckseatfree

Inconsistent face (closed/open) angle at impact

I recently had a lesson to help me figure out why my ball flight is so inconsistent. After some video analysis we figured out that I have a good in/out swing but the face angle of my clubs (usually 7-driver) is not consistent. I am consistently inconsistent! Do you have any suggestions on a...
  6. duckseatfree

What's your "Golden Rule" for your golf swing?

I was having a discussion with a friend of mine and he mentioned that he has a "golden rule" that he keeps in mind every time he takes a swing. I thought this might be an interesting topic since I do have a thought every time I go to take a swing, which I guess would be my golden rule. Mine is...
  7. duckseatfree

R11 Driver Setup

OK, I've done a good bit of reading and found some good answers, but I can't seem to find the right one for me. I have the 9* R11 Driver and am trying to get it to 9.75* with a neutral face. (10g and 1g weights) I know that I go STD-Higher .75* FCT and this closes the face .75* So I change the...
  8. duckseatfree

Mizuno mp-60

So I recently switched up to the Mizuno mp-60's because I found a used set for really cheap. I had always heard really great things about them so I thought I would switch from my old Titleist ap1's since I have improved a lot since I had bought those. When you hit the club on the sweet spot...
  9. duckseatfree

Black Oxide Treatment

I recently got a set of Mizuno MP-60 irons which I love! The only thing is that I got them for abou $90 and they have scuff marks along the sole and a couple of clubs are showing some browning. I saw on ebay that there is a company that refinishes the club heads with black oxide and was...
  10. duckseatfree

Which Scotty Cameron should I use?

So I'm in an interseting predicament...I have two Scotty Cameron putters and don't know which to use and which to sell (great problem to have). I bought a Studio Select Newport 2.5 about a month ago and love it. Yesterday I went to a garage sale and saw a Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless...
Back