Search results for query: *

1. dleavitt39

Making a return(again)

Howdy all, has been a hot minute since I've been around. Have sort of found myself again, and am getting back on the course. Hope to see some familiar names, and meet some new names and faces as well. Looking forward to hacking it up with some of you. The biggest thing I'm going to miss about...
  2. dleavitt39

Making a comeback at THP

Hey all, It's been a while since I've been around. I've really sort of disappeared since after my surgery from the Orlando outing in 2013. Coincidentally, that was 3 years ago this past Friday. I also went out and played golf on Friday, and the both of them gave me a wave of sadness for having...
  3. dleavitt39

Thinking about a private club

I know there's been a few posts about people looking at clubs, but wanted to get some input on my own dilemma. Moved to Las Vegas last year, never been part of a private club. I'm looking at the following club: http://spanishtrailcc.com/ It is a course with 27 holes, I've played it before...
  4. dleavitt39

Any Vegas locals?

Moved out to Vegas recently from Chicago, and seeing as to how this is such a small city, wondering if there's any other locals that we could get a round in. Dan
  5. dleavitt39

Where did you go/travel this week

My biggest hobby is traveling. I'd like to start a thread where those of us that travel both for pleasure and work can post about where we were and where we are going. This may lead to some impromptu non-golf meet-ups, as well as some intriguing conversations about destinations Last week I went...
  6. dleavitt39

I'm back

After a much needed break from not only the forum but the sport itself to heal from some injuries, and focus on my career, I'm back. Still not much golf in my future, and I keep up with some of you on facebook, but I've just missed it too much here. Dan
  7. dleavitt39

WEIGHT LOSS COFFEE - say what!?

Yes, it's true, weight loss coffee. And it's also healthy for you. I have met a lot of you, and a lot of you know I am a bit overweight. I endorse this product because of the results I've witnessed with my own body. The product is Javita coffee. I will be completely up front, it is a network...
  8. dleavitt39

Doing the right thing

Yesterday was a pretty interesting day for me. I was at the racetrack working on the safety team as I normally do, got to drive a session with a friends car, all in all a very pedestrian day, after the day was done, I went to dinner with a group of drivers, and while we were sitting talking, I...
  9. dleavitt39

My THP family, what all of you mean to me

I don't know where to begin. I am truly at a loss for words. I guess I'll start at the beginning, when I joined the forum, in June of 2012. I was looking at a new set of irons, and I found the forum through a google search. Since that day, my life has changed, and for the better. I found a new...
  10. dleavitt39

The Official THP Biggest Loser Contest Part 2

Thanks to overwhelming demand, we are launching a Biggest Loser Event for us THPERS, no prizes on the line, just merely bragging rights, a great time and a pathway to a healthier lifestyle. Details: The contest starts on Monday March 25th and ends on Monday July 1. By the end of each Monday...
  11. dleavitt39

Can't catch a break...prayers please

I just can't catch a break. Sorry this is a rant, and may belong in the rant thread, but I just need to write. I had to leave the Outing due to sickness, come home, and get surgery. Surgery went great, and I was released from the hospital 5 days ago. The day I was released, my Grandma went into...
  12. dleavitt39

Longest/slowest round you have been a part of

I'm absolutely beyond words right now... I just walked off the course mid round. I've never done that before. Even finished a round with a dislocated ankle. I showed up at 1130 for my 1204 tee time. Got checked in with the pro shop, and they said check in with the starter. It's an absolute zoo...
  13. dleavitt39

Looking to work for a Fire Dept.

I know many of us on here are public service sector, Fire, EMS, Police, Doctor, etc.... I just graduated college with a Criminal Justice degree, but have since had a change in heart and want to go the Fire route. Do any of you involved in the service have any tips for me? I also figure...
  14. dleavitt39

Pure Grips Master's give away

Just thought I'd post this up there, hopefully a THP'er will win this one. If you're on facebook, just like Pure Grips, and find the picture and post, then share to your page. The giveaway is as follows. To celebrate The Masters we are giving away this limited edition PURE Grips logo'd...
  15. dleavitt39

Small change, BIG results

So, I guess with winter and what not, I forgot how to play golf. Went out Saturday, and shot an abysmal 90-something. Everything was off, shots wouldn't go where I wanted them, driver wouldn't get more than 2 feet off the ground, couldn't get a good wedge shot for anything....Long story short...
  16. dleavitt39

Grip opinion/recomendation

Figured I'd post up here and get a variety of opinions. I currently play the Winn dri-tac grips on all my clubs. I love the tackiness and grip I get off these, but at the same time, I feel they have a bit too much turn and torque because they are so squishy....I used to have the New Decade...
  17. dleavitt39

Shaft vs. Club head importance

It seems that lately, more and more people are saying that the shaft is just as important as the club head. If that is the case, why are we seeing all of these major improvements in which the club head is being made by better materials new processes, newer technology, adjusted lofts, etc... And...
  18. dleavitt39

burning down the house

Well, not quite, but dinner was nearly a disaster...there's 2 ways to look at it....On one hand, the steaks I made came out amazing, tender, juicy, and perfect....On the other hand, cooking steaks on a stove top grill leads to problems. The steaks flashed, smoke alarm went off, alarm company...
  19. dleavitt39

Any Hockey Goalies

Well guys, this thread is 2 pronged...First off, I'm trying to find out who else on here is crazy enough to get pucks launched at them. Secondly, I'm looking for a goalie in the Chicagoland suburbs area, for Tuesday morning skates from 7am until 815 am, at West Meadows. If you are available, we...
  20. dleavitt39

FS: Bridgestone J33b Forged Blades

For sale are these Bridgestone J33b forged blades. They are used, and show some signs of wear, but no major knicks, dents, chips, etc... This set is 3-pw. Quite possibly the coolest thing about these is that these clubs belonged to a now PGA Tour player when he was an Amateur before making the...
Back