Search results for query: *

1. stryper

Senior Golfers…how do you identify?

Been thinking about this for awhile now, and I haven’t quite figured out where I am on this. But for those of you who’ve (chronologically) passed your prime, how do you view yourself? Do you identify as a “senior”, or do you resist the label and refuse to accept the limitations? Do you push...
  2. stryper

Senior Citizens Medicare Advantage Question…

…with regard to golf equipment. Recently it has been discussed around my home course that there are certain Advantage plans that pay for health/fitness related items—gym memberships and whatever—and included among them are golf clubs, which almost sounds too good to be true. I’m not quite...
  3. stryper

More Sociological than Political…so I hope is okay for discussion

Should golf be immune to this issue? https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2024/03/08/i-have-been-removed-banned-trans-golfer-hailey-davidson-responds-to-womens-pro-tour/
  4. stryper

Rucking Golf…

No that’s not a typo. I was recently reading about rucking as a hobby, and naturally walking and carrying a bag full of clubs came to mind. Nothing new there, obviously. As a part time minimalist walker myself, however, with 6 clubs and a Sunday bag, I am now considering adding the rest of...
  5. stryper

Screen Golf v. Green Golf

With more and more buzz being generated over golf sims these days, I’m curious if there is anyone who prefers sim golf to the outdoor version. Now to the scoffers, it’s pretty well known that there are plenty of range rats out there who prefer that to actually going out on a course, and it’s...
  6. stryper

Best Irons for Rolled Back Balls?

Obviously it’s all speculation at this point, since we don’t know what the new ball will look like (in terms of construction), but what iron profile do you think will pair up best with what the USGA/R&A are dumping on us? More forgiveness with a livelier face? More meat on the bones, like a...
  7. stryper

Callaway Sure Out, who…

…has stuck with it, or come back after abandoning it? Since I only carry 12 clubs, and my bunker play lately has been inconsistent at best, I’d been thinking of giving my 64 SO a go again, even though it didn’t do me much good in the past. Was also thinking about how much my other wedge play...
  8. stryper

The 10 Club Proposal

As discussed on Sirius…instead of a ball rollback, which won’t happen if none of the tours comply, it was suggested they limit the bag to a 10 club max. So that raises the question(s) for amateurs: would you comply? And if so, how would you comply? Since I’m at 12 already, I think the...
  9. stryper

WWJD...on the range?

Imagine if the Almighty sent his only begotten Son down here to learn the game of golf. Assume He’s a beginner and has not yet learned His Father’s ability to hit a one iron. He watches all the videos, reads the countless swing tips, here and everywhere else on the interweb, and finally...
  10. stryper

Maybe Tiger was on to Something

Just saw this article, thought some might find it interesting...fire those glutes!!! https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/8132777/david-fleming-importance-athlete-butt-espn-magazine
  11. stryper

Sunday Minimalist Bag Brigade...who’s in?

Apologies to the Push Cart Mafia members for stealing the concept, but lately I’ve been strolling quite comfortably around the course with a Sunday bag and a small handful of clubs and loving everything about it. No stress, not a lot of options when it comes to club selection, and no reason to...
  12. stryper

Golf Grips and the Supply Chain

Just curious if anyone else is having trouble finding their preferred grips these days. I’ve tried Golf Galaxy, Golf Works, and several different online resources but keep coming up empty. Out of stock everywhere I look...so Let’s go Brandon, let’s get things moving again.
  13. stryper

Looking at Push Carts...

...any opinion on these two: https://www.tgw.com/tgw-players-3-wheel-push-cart https://www.tgw.com/golf-carts/golf-push-carts/tgw-weekender-3-wheel-push-cart
  14. stryper

Food Channel Destinations

In the St. Louis area, I’ve been to two. The first that tried had been featured on Guy Fieri’s Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. I won’t mention the name, because I thought it was basically a dump, which does fit into the Dives category, but the food just wasn’t good at all. Disappointing, as...
  15. stryper

Duolingo, anyone?

I searched and found a few references to this in another thread, but I didn't see a stand-alone. So I'm curious, has anyone worked their way through the duolingo app/program and actually learned another language? Just started on Spanish, and I find myself increasingly drawn in. (Have no real...
  16. stryper

Jigsaw Puzzles Anyone?

Guess I’m a simple guy, but I love to while away the hours piecing together a good jigsaw puzzle—1000 piece minimum. Right now working on a panorama of Busch Stadium. Probably take a couple weeks to finish, but it’s winter here, and building a ball field right now should get me half way to the...
  17. stryper

Hot Metal Wedges

Switching to graphite for age-related reasons, and Mizuno Hot Metal irons are at the top of my list. So I’m curious as to how the wedges perform on that end of the bag. Currently I play Vokeys, but I’m tempted to go with the HMs for the sake of consistency throughout the set, but I don’t want...
  18. stryper

National Mini Golf Day!!!

Anybody playing???
  19. stryper

Shout Out to Callaway Customer Service!!!

Giving credit where credit is due...face insert on my Odyssey Works Tank Versa #7 is coming unglued, called Callaway CS this evening, and a new O-Works Tank #7 is on the way. No questions asked, since it's a known issue, still the rep on the phone could not have been nicer. Very impressed and...
  20. stryper

Mack Daddy or Sure Out???

Currently loving my 64 SO and now thinking of replacing my worn out 56-10 SM5. So I'm tempted to just go 58 SO, but I'm wondering how much more versatility I might get from a Mack Daddy PM grind? Would probably be switching from a 51/56/64 setup to 51/58/64, making the gaps a little more...
Back