Search results for query: *

1. theninja

Proud PaPa

Just wanted to share my proud papa news... My oldest boy (18) made the Varsity football squad at college (NAIA Div 1) as a QB. Not tthe starter as he is a freshman and will probably be red shirted, but he has impressed the coaches. My youngest (16) sophmore at the HS my oldest was the starting...
  2. theninja

Took my son out for 9 holes yesterday.

After going to the range a few times with my 18 and 15 year old sons and seeing that they can hit the ball pretty straight and just as far as me, I decided to take them out to the 9 hole course Sunday morning. Well 7am rolls around and the 15 yr old is up and dressed already while the 18 yr old...
  3. theninja

What is your most imbarrassing moment on the course?

A club toss? Cart in the pond? Swing so hard, miss and fall down? Have a few too many Beers at the tournament? Here is mine.... This was about 12 years ago before I took golf seriously and would just go out to get drunk with my buddies. We had a foursome and the bet was for beers after the...
  4. theninja

St Louis get together?

Anyone in the St Louis area interested in playing a round of golf sometime before the THP Tour Bus visit? I usualy play once a week (sat/Sun am) with a buddy. I normally play in the St. Charles County area, (St. Peters Golf Course, Incline Village, The Links at Dardeene, Berry Hills) but we can...
  5. theninja

Watching the strokes dissapear

I just wanted to give my opinion on how to improve your game and decrease those scores. At least this is what worked for me. So here it is... Get clubs that fit! I had been playing for 6 years or so with a set of Golden Bear clubs. A cheap complete set purchased at a local sporting goods store...
  6. theninja

The Best round I have ever shot.

Well it's a day later and I'm still excited about shooting a 86 yesterday.:clapp: My best 18 holes I have shot to date. And I gave my buddy a thorough butt whooping by 13 strokes. If it wasn't for a couple penalty strokes on hole 11 and a couple holes I dug on my approach shot on 13 I could have...
  7. theninja

To chip or putt that is the question.

You are on the fringe 15 feet from the pin, do you chip or do you putt? I prefer to use a 7i off the fringe, but I am starting to try putting with mixed results. What works best for you?
  8. theninja

First round with new clubs

Tee minus two hours til I get to tee off using my new fitted TM Burner 2.0 clubs. Playing with my buddy who has been beating me up all season, 15 - 2. I am feeling very confident these clubs will make a big difference in the outcome today. I feel like I used to before a big football game. I may...
  9. theninja

Hello from St Louis

Hi everyone, New to the site, found myself here after googling for club reviews. Nice site! A little about me.. 44 yrs old, been playing for 10 years or so, I shoot in the 90's, but want to get in the 80's soon. My new TM Burner 2.0 and this site should get me there! Dave
Back