Search results for query: *

1. Matthew

Pick your fighter

Let’s say you find yourself in a bar & a brawl breaks out. Which professional golfer do you want helping you out?
  2. Matthew

Equity club members?

We’re thinking, very seriously, moving from a corporate owned “semi-private” club to an equity/member owned club. Assessments are sort of a concern but nothing crazy that isn’t already planned for already. Great facility, a couple of members play on TV, amazing men’s area & course is always in...
  3. Matthew

Tournament Strategy

How would you play this tournament? 2 man team, pick your partner 9 holes are played from the tips, 9 are played from the men's tees. You get to pick which holes you play from where but before you tee off. Handicaps/strokes are figured off the men's tees, not the tips. You get 9 strokes & your...
  4. Matthew

1st hole of 2022

Sorry for those in less ideal climates but 4 days into 2022, how did your 1st hole go? I’ll start. 375 yard par four, slight dog leg left, downhill into the breeze. No warm up driver off the tee, cut to the right center. 98 yards to the middle, 91 pin. 3/4 swing gap wedge, 2 putt par. How did...
  5. Matthew

The next Masters starters

So, having a little talk over a beverage or 3 with some friends and we got on the subject of who should be the next players to take over after Player & Jack for the ceremonial tee shots at Augusta. I threw out Couples, Faldo & Watson if they go off history in the tournament. Maybe Crenshaw &...
  6. Matthew

Ireland 2020

So, we’ve been kicking around the idea of another trip for a while and think we decided on Ireland for next summer. Dates are tentative for now but we’ll be booking next week. Having never been to Ireland, what are some can’t miss things to do there. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Matthew

Ireland 2019

A group of friends left for Ireland the day after we got back from Scotland. We started planning Ireland for next summer (2019). Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Matthew

Weather/Water Proof Stand Bags

I know Titliest and Sun Mountain have weather/water proof stand bags but does anybody else?
  9. Matthew

Scotland-Summer 2018

I know there's some Scotland boys on here and I'm working through a trip right now for next summer with Pioneer Golf (https://www.pioneergolf.com/). So far we have The Old Course, The New Course, Prestwick & one of the Trump Turnberry courses on the list but want a little input from either folks...
  10. Matthew

Sandbagging?

Reading the competition thread, https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?92371-Competition, got me to thinking. I spend a little time on the practice tee, putting green and short game area during the week but not enough to really call it practice. I play to my handicap...
  11. Matthew

Wedge grips

I've been thinking about regripping my wedges and got to thinking this morning about the size and build up. I find myself choking down on my wedges a lot and think it might be worth while to either build up the bottom of the grip and take out some of the taper or go back with the Plus 4 for a...
  12. Matthew

Tournament Gear/Grab Bags Fillers

After Friday, Saturday and Sunday of my club's Daylight Cup, a Ryder Cup style tournament, I got to thinking about grab bags, tournament bags for the next one coming up in April. We have team shirts and hats/visors but I want some cool stuff. You know ball markers/poker chips, pitch tools, bag...
  13. Matthew

Customer golf

This came up in conversation today, for those that play golf with customer's how do you play them. Case in point, I played with a plant manager Wednesday afternoon at his course and beat him terribly. Now, I'm far from good at this game but he was terrible. A buddy commented today that I...
  14. Matthew

Matthew's Bag

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* driver Titliest 913FD 15* 3W Titliest 816 3H Callaway Apex CF16 4-AW Callaway MD3 54* S Grind Callaway MD3 60* S Grind Lowtide Whaletail custom Callaway Chrome Soft with red circle around the number Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. Matthew

2015 Vacation

With a bunch of driving today, I started thinking about the last vacation I took and couldn't think of where I went. So THP, let's start kicking some ideas around. Where would you go for a just get out of town & relax vacation? Stay close to home or travel far & wide? Plan it all out or just...
  16. Matthew

Need some positive vibes

I try to not ask for much but I need some help. A month or so ago my wife (33 YO) started having some hearing loss in 1 ear but never said anything about it. She finally went to the doctor and they have diagnosed her with sudden sensorineural hearing loss. I've been told it's fairly rare but the...
  17. Matthew

Driver fitting or fitting in general

I'm finally going to break down and get fitted for a new driver but I'm not sure when the best time to do it would be. I'm targeting the end of July for funding purposes or would I be better off to wait until Spring when the models hit the shelves? I'm not concerned with resale value or having...
  18. Matthew

So my instructor is moving

Just found out the pro I've been working with is moving on to much greater things. While i'm stoked for my friend, I was just starting to make some big progress.
  19. Matthew

Golf Action Shots Thread

Pecan Valley with THPers Playing with my wife
  20. Matthew

Salty Grips

I was looking over the Golf Channel app tonight and came across the article on Salty Grips, cork grips for putters. I used a lot of cork back when I built fishing rods but never thought about using them on a golf club. Anybody ever held or used one?
Back