Search results for query: *

1. golfdawg

Trying to determine the right length and lie for my new C722 irons.

Long story short i ordered some C721 on sale, and they came in the wrong specs, so hats off the Maple Hill they sent me the newer C722 as a replacement at same sale cost. It's been a loooooong time since i have been fitted, i've usually been 1/2 over "standard" (broad shoulders, shorter arms)...
  2. golfdawg

Is there anyone here playing TGI 80 in their irons?

Just looking for some feedback, i tried the MMT in my PXG 0211 and just a little to lose, and i see the TGI 80 has a torque ratting of 2.0 and may be able to get them in a set of tour edge for a solid price.
  3. golfdawg

Say what? Not sure I’ve heard of this

Had my 0211 reshafted as the MMT were too long and little too soft so got the Elevate MPH 95 stiff minus 1/2 inch . Well had GG measure them and seems to be same lengths as MMT I had Told PXG that they messed up and didn’t make the changes I asked and paid for and this was the fitters response...
  4. golfdawg

Need to re-grip with lighter grips to get to D1-D2 swing weight.

PXG tells me my re-shafted 0211 irons are C9/D0 if i use a standard grip (52gram). So i would prefer to be D1-D2 range for best feel for me, so i am looking at options. Don't want to go for the 25 gram grips as that is a bit much, so i am thinking undersized in the low 40's and if i understand...
  5. golfdawg

Anyone still playing the Srixon U85?

I currently playing Srixon 565 (back up set) as my PXG 0211 are shelved until i can get some things changed, but made me remember why i love the 565s. This had me looking at maybe 585 as a set i could put into play, and in that search i came across some mixed U85/585 sets at solid prices. I...
  6. golfdawg

Anyone here had a PXG fitting before, just wondering what to expect.

It's more of a spec check on some irons i ordered last year, but i hope to take advantage of as much as i can while there. I understand obviously it's all PXG, but still looking forward to it.
  7. golfdawg

Which would you pick GolfTec or Club Champion ?

I was looking at first for an iron fitting to check my current set, and maybe see if they are set up correctly for me. Seems GolfTec i could also tie in a lesson or two which couldn't hurt so i am torn.
  8. golfdawg

Thinking of cutting MMT 80 iron shaft by 1/2 inch.

I enjoy the PXG 0211 irons, but the extra 1/2-3/4 inch over standard lengths for most of the irons bothers me. When i grip down a fair amount i hit them very well but can loose the head sometimes, but playing them "normal" i have some issues really getting them to work, so i thought before...
  9. golfdawg

Anyone here who wears a Large or X-Large Cadet Glove ever try or use Midsize Grips?

Just like to see if anyone is currently using or has experimented with mid size grips and you Glove is usually between Large and X- Large cadet. seen a few charts and got me thinking, i have always used Standard and never thought much of it. Length both charts below refer to from my wrist to...
  10. golfdawg

Took the PXG bait , and here are my way too early thoughts.

With the unreal deal on the 0211 line up, i picked up a 10.5 0211 Driver, and 4-GW 0211 irons. Today got out to the range for the first time in forever, and obviously first time with my new PXG sticks, and while anything can happen i am happy with my purchase. In the driver i went with the...
  11. golfdawg

Nippon Modus 3 105 - Still relevant ?

I would have to say in my humble opinion , YES, YES, and YES. I've Played KBS , Nippon, Project X, Dynamic Gold etc... So Nippon was not new to me, but the modus line was, and to me it seems to be a new favorite of mine. Best way i can describe it is Smooth, Stable, and consistent/forgiving...
  12. golfdawg

Cobra F9 family review

These two months, I bought all in on the Cobra F9 family, I picked up the irons, 3 wood and Driver. I have had very little time with them all, maybe 3 range sessions and one round of golf. I know this is not a lot, but I have been golfing for about 17-18 years and I know when things either work...
  13. golfdawg

After a iron fitting i found out a few things i am doing, and video adds 30 lbs BTY

Bought some Cobra f9 irons, some reason they where not working for me, so went to a local well know fitter who also teaches some. Seems my lie angle was 1-2 degrees too flat, and the Recoil 110 F4 were a bit too stout for me at this time. So i sent those irons back to Global Golf and will get a...
  14. golfdawg

Turned into a Honma kinda day yesterday

Picked up a TW737 450 Driver and 3 wood, for combined price of 155.00 shipped. Being a sucker for JDM, they getting solid reviews, and the stock shafts being impressive for a lot of people i thought would be worth a try.
  15. golfdawg

Have UST recoil iron shafts been surpassed by other new options ??

With so many more options these days from KBS, Accra, and all the other normal Graphite driver shaft companies having a couple forms of iron shafts, is the recoil technology out dated?
  16. golfdawg

Mizuno Shaft optimizer - mind sharing your numbers and thoughts

Seems from what i have been reading, and watching that my Toe Down number of 9 is pretty severe , and wonder if it's more if showing i have a swing flaw.
  17. golfdawg

What are some other shafts that play like Project X LZ iron shafts???

Just looking for some options if I can’t get PX LZ shafts in my new irons
  18. golfdawg

Well with news of a new Mizuno Shaft optimizer , i figured was time to try, HMMMMMM

I have always felt, little lighter, higher launch shafts are better fit for me. Now at 44 years old i thought i would try and find a new set and go with graphite shafts in them. Well here are the top 3 shafts i got recommended to me by the new program. 1. Project X LZ 6.0 2. AMT Tour White S...
  19. golfdawg

Cobra F9 irons vs Taylormade M5 irons, has anyone hit this both, your impressions ?

As the title says, just wanted to see who can compare the F9 vs M5 irons. Thanks ahead of time.
Back