Search results for query: *

1. SoGaDawg

What’s the oldest club that keeps ending up back in your bag?

I, like most of you, have some clubs that rotate in and out of the bag. I have several different fairway woods and hybrids that “I can’t completely quit.” I have a 2014 Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro Limited Edition 14.5 degree three wood that somehow worms it’s way back in the bag once a month for...
  2. SoGaDawg

Halfway through that giant bucket of balls

Does anyone else’s range session start to suffer once you get over halfway through that bucket? I know mine does. I start fading/slicing things because I’m not releasing correctly and I will start hitting my driver high off the face because my arms are getting tired. I will also start Chunking 3...
  3. SoGaDawg

Taylormade's 2016/17 offerings: A little cheap looking?

I got fitted for a new set of irons yesterday at my local PGA SS, and I went in wanting the M2s and also took a look at last year's M2 Tours. Performance wise was OK, but I HATED the stock shafts. Hate isn't even a strong enough word. The look of the clubs combined with the Reax shafts just made...
  4. SoGaDawg

How often do you get a full bag of new equipment?

This is why I love this forum. We can ask Uber-Golf Nerd crap and get away with it! (ButI digress) With my purchase of a new set of irons, every club in my bag is completely different than a year ago. Funny how that works. So it got me to thinking, it's been years since I gamed the same full bag...
  5. SoGaDawg

What random swing flaw are you currently fighting?

So I have a few flaws that are literally constant battles, mainly swaying, jerking the club back (normally when I am trying to really smoke the ball) and keeping my backswing from getting too long. But every now and then a rando swing issue arises such as a new one that popped up as a...
  6. SoGaDawg

So I set up a net in my basement

I've had a chipping and putting area in my basement for a year or so, but jut recently put in a full size net for full swing practice. Not using a launch monitor...yet. Is there any recommendations as for drills to use so I don't ingrain a bad swing in the meantime? Thanks!
  7. SoGaDawg

Shaft affect strike quality?

So I had a KuroKage Black HBP shaft in my 5 wood, but it came loose and I had it replaced with a Fubuki shaft. (I got the KuroKage shaft installed at Dicks...yeah dumb move). Slightly heavier (5grams) but otherwise same length as my other shaft. Since then I have struggled to hit the 5 wood...
  8. SoGaDawg

Thinking of moving to "Better Player" Irons. Suggestions

So I'm thinking it's about time to move away from Game Improvements irons into better player irons with a few caveats: 1) I don't want to break the bank because I don't want to drop a grand on new clubs and it turns out I want to go back GI Irons; 2) I'm thinking of used sets from around 2014 or...
  9. SoGaDawg

Bad range session/round. What do you do about it?

So it was about 40 degrees at the range this morning and I felt like I couldn't ever get loose. Hence I hit quite a few fat shots and never got my speed. It was one of my worst range sessions in months. I have had some very good sessions in the past couple of months and have picked up speed...
  10. SoGaDawg

WTB: Callaway X Utility Prototype 18 or 21 degree Driving Iron

I'm randomly obsessed with getting my hands on one of these clubs. If you've got one for sale, let me know. Also, I would trade you an TE Exotics 19 degree XCG-7 Beta Hybrid for one. Thanks!
  11. SoGaDawg

Anyone else find that the M2 Driver didn't live up to hype?

So I stupidly bought a M2 Driver without testing it first to replace my 915 D2 (which I hit just fine). And I was absolutely shocked to find that although forgiving, I lost a bare minimum of 30 yards on my drives. I don't as barely hitting it 200 yards at times. I mean I was absolutely blown...
  12. SoGaDawg

SoGaDawg Updated WITB

So my bag has changed a bit since I posted a WITB. I've taken pics of all the gear that is in my rotation and the cart and stand bag that I use. I also show the various headcovers and finally, you can see the two types of balls I am currently gaming. The Volvik S3 (in Orange!) and the Snell My...
  13. SoGaDawg

Looking for a high launch mid-spin fairway shaft

Would like to keep it under 100 dollars. I have been looking at the Grafalloy Supercharger Blue stiff shaft as a cheap alternative. Any other suggestions? Thanks!
  14. SoGaDawg

Snell MTB Challenge

So I received an email from Snell today stating I had won a dozen My Tour Balls for review. Anyone else get an email from them as well? I will post my thoughts on the Snell ball after I play them. Looking forward to giving them a whirl!
  15. SoGaDawg

What extra clubs do you put in/pull out of the bag?

So if you're like me, you may have more than 14 clubs that you regularly play with. If so, what are they and what clubs in your signature do they replace when you play with them? I have a 54 degree SM5 wedge for when I pull my 50 and 56 degree wedges both at once so I can also bag a TE...
  16. SoGaDawg

Adjustable Drivers: Anyone else find them useless?

So I have been playing them since the R11s. However, the best setting for me is always the "neutral" setting. Anytime I change the settings, it invariably screws up my ball flight and I can't work the ball very well. Perhaps this should be expected since every other club in my bag is...
  17. SoGaDawg

Flat left wrist on chips and pitches or some hinging of the wrist?

So I chipped and pitched with a flat left wrist all the way through the back swing and through the release for years. The results were very reliable and contact was clean. But I never got any real spin. So this year I decided to incorporate some wrist hinge . The result was that I shanked the...
  18. SoGaDawg

SoGaDawg - WITB Photo Edition

This is my current set up. But I also add a Rsi1 4 iron and/or a Exotics XCG7 Beta 4 wood and/or a Exotics Limited Edition CB Pro 14.5 degree 3 wood from time to time too.
  19. SoGaDawg

Just put an old driver back in the bag and it was bombing

So I bought an X2 Hot driver last year to replace my R11S. Everything was going fine up to a couple of months ago when I began implementing some swing and set up changes. I was hitting the X2 Hot straight, but I was losing distance. But at the same time I had picked up distance on all the...
  20. SoGaDawg

So when is it time to move to stiff flex shafts?

Currnetly using regular flex shafts. My swing speed on my driver is only in the low to mid 90s. However, I hit extremely high balls on virtually every club in the bag. (Not worried about consistency...i am generally straight so long as its a good swing) I feel that I may be losing some...
Back