Search results for query: *

1. Pinged

The transformation of Michael Jackson

Came across this on youtube. It's fascinating- and a little creepy actually... <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KkDOSM8bDN4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess"...
  2. Pinged

Michael Jackson has Heart Attack?!?

(CNN) -- Entertainer Michael Jackson was taken to a hospital on Thursday, CNN affiliate KTLA reported, citing a Los Angeles Fire Department official. A Los Angeles fire official told CNN that paramedics arrived at Michael Jackson's home after a 911 call. A Los Angeles fire official told CNN...
  3. Pinged

OK... I'm a cigar noob. HELP!

I bought myself a father's day present: a humidor, humidifier and a few accessories- and a few cigars- based in large part on the suggestions on the forum. I bought: 5- Cusano 18 Robusto 5- Ashton Corona 5- Assortment pack of Perdomo Reserve NOW the question- These all come in individual...
  4. Pinged

A light bulb has gone on...

I take naturally to irons- hit 'em reasonably well; always have. The semi-upright swing that a short iron requires seems absolutely natural to me. Woods on the other hand- hate 'em! Can't hit 'em for stink most days. My wife, who is even newer to the game than I am (After a 35-year-layoff I...
  5. Pinged

A 1-hold Golf Course- for REAL MEN! LOL!

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/The-world-s-toughest-golf-tourney-one-hole-thr?urn=golf,167776 Check it out!!
  6. Pinged

Think knock-offs aren't a problem?

Came across this on another forum which shall remain nameless. I was pretty amazed/appalled/shocked at what's offered and how cheap it is. Take a look around and be amazed at what anyone can order. Kinda makes you think twice before buying ANYthing off Ebay these days...
  7. Pinged

R9 on sale at Golf Galaxy TODAY ONLY for $299

PLUS FREE SHIPPING!! Don't know if it's in all flexes, but I hit a regular flex and just ordered mine. Gotta try one out at that price. Offer ends at Midnight Eastern Time tonight. I'm not a GG pimp, but I AM a club ho! LOL! Anyone else?
  8. Pinged

After test-flying 25-30 putters...

... over the past 3 months since I took up the game, we have a winner! And it just so happens that JB's review of the '09 Rife Tour Hybrid 2-bar was the inspiration. I've gone through 4 Scotty's (not impressed truthfully), half a dozen Odysseys (I'm keeping the Series I #1 Black), a half...
  9. Pinged

Rumor or truth? Tiger splits from Hank

I'll let you decide... Not exactly the most reliable source, but I'm just sayin'... http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/golf/2442440/Tiger-swings-out-coach.html
  10. Pinged

My first ever birdie today!

I know that sounds lame for most of you, but I've played 4 or 5 18-hole rounds and perhaps 9 or 10 9-hole rounds. When I started 3 months ago I was shooting 125-130 for 18. EEK! I'm now shooting 105-110 on most rounds so some improvement since I began. I've had 5 or 6 pars along the way. I'm...
  11. Pinged

Anybody watch Shane Lowery?

Pretty impressive win in the Irish Open for an amateur! Interesting to see his pal Rory Mc there supporting him too. Great playoff in miserable conditions. I'll look forward to seeing him play more as a professional. Anybody else?
  12. Pinged

Left a review over at Amazon.com for THP Kindle Blog

On Amazon, I'm known as "Horselover". I see Smallville has also been there. Go THP, GO!:clapp:
  13. Pinged

Shortning Driver shaft, vs simply choking up...

OK... here's the deal. I'm using a 12* TM Burner 460 driver and my accuracy *SUCKS*. I can hit my irons blindfolded, but as I move up to driver it gets pitiful. If I choke up on this 46.25" monster about 3" things begin to improve rapidly!! Accuracy improves dramatically and in reality, my...
  14. Pinged

Tiger's tantrums are starting to get tiresome...

I KNOW there are lots of Tiger fans, and I have NO hesitation agreeing that he is the greatest golfer of all time. He is the Michael Jordan of golf- unparalleled. That said- I'm frankly getting a little tired of his tantrums as he struggles a bit to regain his pre-surgery form. Slamming the...
  15. Pinged

How many putters do you own?

Don't know if this thread has already been run, but thought it would be interesting. I've sold 10 or 12 in the past couple of months including 4 Scottys. At the moment I'm down to only 6... Yes! Sophia Ping G2i Piper Ping G2i Craz-E Odyssey Black Series-i #1 Taylormade Itsy Bitsy Spider Michael...
  16. Pinged

Mrs Pinged played her first 9-holes ever today, and...

... she was AWESOME! :clapp: After buying her clubs several weeks ago, and 3 1-hour lessons, at age 58 her 1st-round-ever highlights included... She had an honest par on a par 3. She had 2 honest bogies on 2 different par 4's. She sank a 35+ foot putt for one of those bogies!! She chipped in...
  17. Pinged

The atmosphere at THP...

... is wonderfully friendly- always encouraging- occasionally smack-talk. All great. There's another site that some of you frequent I'm sure. I read over there from time to time and post only very rarely. But what WRX over there for those guys seems to be flame, flame, flame. RARELY do I see...
  18. Pinged

Had an interesting conversation with a Nickent rep today...

AND- he had the CYG hosel mounted up on an Evolver shaft- VERY COOL!! :golf: That said, I rather jokingly asked him if his paychecks were still clearing the bank and he looked very somber and said, "Yeah... so far." I said, "I've heard some rumors" and he said, "Yeah... I've heard them too...
  19. Pinged

OK, I spent my money tonight...

Went to the Ping fitting. The factory boys and the Ping van and every imaginable Ping club- they were all there. Earlier this week I've hit the X-22 and the TM '09 Burner Irons several times. Tonight it was all about G10's and Rapture V2's. I SO wanted to like any of the other 3 cheaper...
  20. Pinged

Mrs. Pinged is already on the Golftini website...

... drooling over all their fashions and trying to decide what to get with her $200 gift certificate. :banana: It's fun to see her so excited. Thanks to JB, THP and Golftini!!
Back