Search results for query: *

1. A

Driver length affecting shot shape?

I’ve read a few things talking about how some pros go to a shorter driver to enhance a draw or a longer driver to help a fade. Can someone explain that to me? Seems backwards to me.
  2. A

Who is dressing Jason Day?

I understand all pros have sponsor logos, but most are subtle and in my opinion look professional. But J Day looks like a walking billboard. And those pants!
  3. A

Any info on Bryson’s irons?

On TV they said Bryson has new irons in the bag that he designed. They also said the face has a bulge and roll design similar to what is seen in woods. Anybody have any additional info? From TV it does appear they are still one length w jumbo grips.
  4. A

Back to THP (and golf)

Found this site when I was looking for i20 info/reviews. Thanks Jman! Hung around and played lots of golf till late 2018. Life got busy and had to put the clubs to the side. Up until late last fall, touched the clubs maybe 3 times. Trying to get it going again. Been lurking as I’ve to the...
  5. A

Help me analyze these numbers please, driver edition

I've been gaming a g400 driver 10.5*, for about a year now, but I've never actually hit this one on simulator to get data. On the course I would say well hit shots fly pretty high, with an "average" amount of run out. Shaft is Mitsubishi diamana 72 stiff flex, the older flower band one, loft...
  6. A

Help me analyze these #s please, iron edition

A local golf shop has a simulator that you can pay to use so I thought I would go capture some data on my current clubs. Only problem is I'm not real sure what they should be. My observation is I generally hit my irons higher than most of the people I play with. I've been gaming g25 irons w...
  7. A

One man scramble

Anyone ever play a 1 man scramble format? Played one yesterday and it was fun and different. Whould you try it?
  8. A

Anyone play an executive "short" course?

Today I played an executive course for the first time. 2 par 5s, each less than 500 yards (from white tees), 6 par 4s measuring between 280-320 yards and 10 par 3s also on the short side, 125-160, with one at 165. It was something different. Most of the par 4s had a slight dogleg to them, so I...
  9. A

2 man scramble, par 3s only set up

I'm playing a 2 man scramble with a friend tomorrow, and they are going to set the course up so all 18 holes play as a par 3. It's a regular par 72 course normally. At first I thought that was odd, but the more I think about it, the more I like it. Seems like it takes length out of the...
  10. A

Will Phil be a captain's pick?

So if his name is anything else other than Phil Mickelson, there's no discussion at all. But his name is Phil Mickelson. So, will he be a president's cup captain's pick?
  11. A

What does it take to win your club championship?

Our course had its club championship last weekend and the winner shot 67-70, -7. Now, I'm no where close to that level, but I thought that was pretty impressive. I've been a member there for three years now and I'm pretty sure the winning score has been under par all three years. Also, of...
  12. A

Reed playing Bridgestone ball?

Watching the live from and they zoomed in on reeds ball twice because of a bad lie, and it had the big B on it. Saw it the first time and thought, maybe that was a R, but then they did it again. Looked like the tout B to me.
  13. A

Another bag ? Sun Mountain 5.5 or XCR stand bag feedback anyone?

Looking for a new bag with a bigger top and have my eye on the 2 above. The 5.5 is new this year, a 11" four way top bigger carry bag. I haven't seen one in person yet, but looks be a big brother version of the 3.5. The XCR is also a 11" four way top, but is more of a cart bag with stands for...
  14. A

Jimmy Walker playing a 42" driver this week?

I just heard he had Titelist build him a 42" driver for the TOC this week and he put it in play yesterday. I watched some of the coverage last night and didn't notice it. I know some pros play drivers in the 44" range but 42" is short.
  15. A

Would you play a more forgiving driver if it's 5-10 yards shorter?

I'm generally a higher launch/spin player, so in my effort to get my launch/spin down to optimize my driver #s, and get more distance, I went with an i25 driver a few years ago after doing some testing. I've played it for 2 years and had good results. But in an effort to improve my tee play...
  16. A

FS/FT Ping i20 5-S

I have a set of i20s, 5-S that have been gathering dust all year. Clubs are used but not abused, black dot, std length/loft, CFS S. 5-9 are D1 sw, P&U are D2+, S is D4. Golf pride tour velvet mid size grips w 1 season of use. $250 shipped. Can add new never hit g25 4 iron in pic for $50 more...
  17. A

330 RX & 105+ swing speed?

So I've been getting it out there further lately so on a trip to the golf shop today to get some clubs regripped, I decided to take a few swings with my driver first to see what my #s looked like. Turns out my driver ss is a consistent 105-106 with a high of 108. So even though I'm pretty sure...
  18. A

1* in driver loft = ? In launch angle & spin rate?

So if all things are equal (and I know they aren't), if you were to adjust the loft on your driver by 1*, what affect would that have on launch angle and spin rate? Same head, shaft ect.
  19. A

Arnold Palmer's health?

Every time this question comes up on tv, it is brushed off, but am I the only one that thinks Arnie doesn't look well? I understand he is 86 (I think), and that he had a fall last spring, but his health and energy level seem to be much lower than this time last year. Anyone else see this?
  20. A

FS/FT Titelest hat & Nike web belt

Titelest flannel hat with adjustable leather strap in back and a Nike web belt, maroon in color, adjustable up to size 42. Both new never worn. I won these and they aren't my style. Would like to sale together to save on shipping. $27 Or would consider trade for something of equal value. XL golf...
Back