Search results for query: *

1. derelict

Golf in Thailand

So I'm getting ready for a nice vacation in Thailand and most of my friends spread throughout Asia tell me Thailand has the best golf around. I'm hoping to get 3-4 rounds in, just me and my girlfriend... For those of you who have golfed in Thailand, did you make arrangements yourself, or did...
  2. derelict

How hard is it to identify your ball? I mean really?

So I mark my balls with a BIG FAT BLUE LINE that goes all the way around my ball. Because people can't seem to recognize which ball is theirs and which is not. But today I hit my tee shot just in the left rough and the guys came from the adjacent fairway looking for their balls.... I swear the...
  3. derelict

Live golf streaming on the internet?

I moved a while back and I don't have cable/dish... I am too far and out of line of sight for OTA... I used to watch the golf channel streaming from Veetle, but I think they made the guy who was streaming it take it down due to copyright rules... now, I am missing the golf channel and am...
  4. derelict

Optimal Trajectory off the Tee?

I was wondering... what is the optimal Trajectory to be hitting the ball off the tee? It has been a while since I have been in front of a launch monitor, but let me describe what I am thinking... I am using a 9.5* driver with a stiff shaft. My average drive is probably about 270yds (including...
  5. derelict

FS: Callaway GEMS Ladies complete golf set

I am selling a complete set of Callaway GEMS Ladies Golf clubs. The set includes: Driver 7 Wood 5 Hybrid 7 Iron 9 Iron Sand Wedge Chipper Odyssey 2 ball putter All original headcovers Matching stand bag This set is in good condition and retails for $600 new. My girlfriend originally bought...
  6. derelict

Golf Vacation Recommendations?

I am thinking of taking my GF on a golf vacation... looking for a place to play golf for say 3-4 days straight... nice courses, good scenery, nice restaurants for dinner. Wondering if anyone has suggestions or perhaps referrals to some companies that offer packages? I can probably handle the...
  7. derelict

Offshoot of the Ryder Cup => US vs. Europe vs..... Asia?

So I am glued to the Ryder cup coverage because I want the US to do well and I want Tiger to dig deep and pull out some great shots. But as I am watching this, I am thinking of all the really good players out of Asia recently. Considering that I travel often, I see a lot of Asian tour...
  8. derelict

But I was hitting it good last weekend...

last weekend, I was not driving the ball good, but my Irons and wedges were on... I scored pretty good. Then this weekend, it's like I've never swung a golf club :banghead:... how many of you have a good weekend, think that finally, my game is dialed in... then just like that, you can't strike...
  9. derelict

Ladies Putters?

Are "Ladies" putters really different from Men's putters? If so, what is different about them?
  10. derelict

Playing two different sets of clubs?

I have been traveling a lot lately... I split my time between Northern California where I work now, and Southern California where my girlfriend lives. I take my clubs with me each time I go (thanks southwest for not charging for bags!) but there are times when I am on an international business...
  11. derelict

Getting my Irons bent?

I am playing Nickent 4DX Pros... I know that they are a little too toe up for me... I have been going through some swing changes, but more often than not, I am pulling my irons. A friend of mine told me I should get my irons bent for the proper lie. These are forged, so do you think this is a...
  12. derelict

How good do you THINK you can shoot?

I think about this all the time... I play golf to enjoy myself.. try not to be too intense. But almost every round, I leave thinking... man, I left at least 10 or __ insert your number here strokes that round... errant tee shots, mis-chips... pulled putts... sissy putts... I think that if I...
  13. derelict

Should I get my Irons bent?

amollerud, First of all, thanks for your advice... you have been really helpful! I am currently playing some Nickent 4DX Pro Irons. I am thinking I need to get my lie angles checked and maybe have them bent. I am not a tall guy and have been having trouble with pulling shots left or hitting...
  14. derelict

How many balls do you lose a round?

I rarely have a round that I don't lose a ball... a simple hazard of being inconsistent and swinging too hard... i am sure there are many of you that are right there with me... It was my whole motivation for going to recycled balls. Once I can play rounds without losing balls, I will pay for...
  15. derelict

Tee it high = high right?

This has been driving me nuts lately... I was hitting a lot of my drives high and right... I posted another thread about wondering if I needed a stiffer shaft. My tempo is good now and I usually hit it pretty straight and very long, but recently everything was going high and right. I thought...
  16. derelict

Figuring it out yourself....

This morning as I was driving in to work, I was listening to the PGA Tour channel on my XM radio :act-up: as I usually do... They were talking about some of the new young players that learned the game on their own and had "their own" swings, not cookie cutter swings that are taught to people...
  17. derelict

Travel Practice Clubs

I travel alot for business... I have been eyeing some of these "executive" travel putter sets and other types of travel golf clubs for practice. Anyone have experience with these? I am wondering if these are just novelties or it they are actually useful....
  18. derelict

70 yards and in...

I've read that this is a very uncomfortable distance for many. I am included in this bunch. Actually, Anything less than 100 yards is uncomfortable for me because I can't use a full swing. How do you guys practice half swings, 3/4 swings to dial this in? I can't tell you how many times I...
  19. derelict

Bought some alignment sticks today....

I've been meaning to get these for a long time, but finally went out and bought these. I'm looking for a good site that has some drills for using these. Can anyone post some links? Thanks!
  20. derelict

Now my girl wants new fairways!

So the GF has a new driver... hitting it wonderfully... She is still playing the 7 wood from her Callaway GEMS set. She hits it nicely, but I am also thinking she may need a 3 or 4 wood. I know guys usually carry a 3 wood and sometimes a 5 wood. But for you ladies, what woods do you usually...
Back