Search results for query: *

1. Mtdream

2nd Swing Tour Van Experience Fitting

Had some time in Scottsdale due to a family trip.. Decided it would be fun to try and "Tour van fitting" experience for a new driver...called, asked for best fitter (no shock),m heard "all are great, you will enjoy it" proceeded to share that I am a certified fitter (got that before the...
  2. Mtdream

Red River Shoot Out...THP Style

would be fun to start a Ryder cupish thing for THP'ers as a Red River shoot out thing... I bet we could pull it off...
  3. Mtdream

Club Testing, Critical data points for you

Several of us are blessed to be able to Join THP and True Temper in Florida in about two weeks.... What are the key things you the THP Community want to see and hear from us while testing? Comparisons between the clubs? Comparisons to our existing clubs? Spin Rates? Distances? Since we will...
  4. Mtdream

Sandbagging, do you say anything? What are odds?

Found this today while poking around about odds of beating handicap... I had posted a couple things in past about scrambles (which have become largely legendary for being eraser events... what got me going today was, after completing Club Championship, and playing in loads of member guests...
  5. Mtdream

Bonneville Golf Course Utah

Course review and Live update Round Playing in the Salt Lake City Open.... Is a deceptively tough course that requires very precise shot making off the tee.... First two holes are VERY INTIMIDATING!!!
  6. Mtdream

Practice Round vs. Actual Tournament

How different is your Practice Round from your Tournament? Warmup? Tee Game? Approach Game? Putting? and maybe most importantly, how about the mental side of it? and finally what does scoring look like?
  7. Mtdream

Scramble top 3 scores were 36, 41, 42 (two tied)

Smallish tournament, not great golfers (even if they were PGA tour Pros) I get so frustrated with people’s lack of integrity... this is not aour grapes just get saddened by people behaving like this for $50 in the pro shop... seriously, how is it even possible? (Answer: it isn’t but good grief)
  8. Mtdream

Helping buddy think Through course (Best Ball, Member Guests, NOT scrambles)

it is tournament time for most of us, member guests, two man best balls (scrambles are different animals) Strokes matter when dollars change hands...I have played in some member guests that would make Vegas blush with the cash being passed back and forth... So for this thread...curious, how...
  9. Mtdream

Border battle (Utah/Nevada) others if they want too...(NOT official THP)

Anyone interested in a border battle event? Maybe Mesquite this year, and St. George next year or vice versa? Several of us in the Utah Thread are kicking around the idea...dont really care about who all joins in, but is a great locale...some killer golf in the region...including areas like...
  10. Mtdream

Your Kid Breaking 100, 90, 80 (dad brags and frustrations :) )

We may need to create a separate section just for Dad Brags/Frustrations :) My son has played golf sporadically with me since he could swing a club...he developed a very natural swing around 5...has never really been into it, as Basketball has been his passion...He is good at Bball, but is...
  11. Mtdream

WTB: Project X 5.5 LZ .370 Tip

Shoot PM or post....WTB ASAP
  12. Mtdream

Target Panic (Swing Panic)

No idea what to call it, but see it in a lot of situations...Practice swing is really nice, then actual swing radically different.... This last year, I was working on a flighted down wedge shot into greens...and was getting it down well, nice hop stop and pull back... Well, that was all good...
  13. Mtdream

Adidas Boost Boa

I am on my 4th pair of these...Anyone else having pervasive issues with the top loops coming undone? See below Love the comfort, and grip, shoe fits very well...love the BOA system, have it on snowmobile boots, snow board boots, etc. but it is REALLY frustrating to be mid round and have your...
  14. Mtdream

What is it about Tournaments Scrambles, best balls etc. Is the $50 prize worth it?

Just finished reading the thread on grandparents calling infraction on rflores2323's daughter.... got me thinking about how many people completely view their life through the score or the place...I play in roughly 15-20 corporate events each year for work....Play in roughly 10 personal stroke...
  15. Mtdream

Finally broke a new threshold!!!! Sub Par!!!

for the last two years, I have been focusing on getting game back in shape to get a sub par round.... This year things just really started to click, and it has been building confidence...with one slip up this last weekend...where I shot 84...However, the majority of rounds have been 78 or...
  16. Mtdream

Club Championship shock and awe

So, this last weekend was the Club Championship...140+/- golfers, was incredible weather for us, and course was in great shape!! Day one was normal, folks (myself included) with nerves.....and some high scores and a few surprising low scores...I was very pleasantly surprised at the groups of...
  17. Mtdream

LinkSoul

Just purchased a pair or these shorts...LOVED them after first round, and ordered two more pair... What I loved was the stretch fabric is uber lightweight, and was great while playing...Also loved the upper pocket on right side for placing poker chip or other ball marker in...Hate having stuff...
  18. Mtdream

challenging year, full revamp, got the *hanks...turning around

Been one of those fun years (sarcasm), started year making decision to make the commitment to get to the next level in swing and ability...it had a major impact on my ego, as I have not hit that many scores in the 90's in decades...talk about humbling... However, it has started to turn around...
  19. Mtdream

getting over the shanks

Wow, been a rough year...started year wanting to hit draw on command...worked HARD on the range...in the process, somewhere, started lunging at the ball, and while I was able to hit draw on command, I picked up the shanks...was truly making it MISERABLE to play...played in a lot of tournaments...
Back