Search results for query: *

1. askthejak

Anybody have any information on these?

A friend ran into a set of these and we don't have a clue what they really are. They are a set of GMA Royal Star Japanese Irons. The box says only 333 sets were made. The link is the only trace of them I can find on the internet...
  2. askthejak

Woodworking?

Anybody else on here like to do some woodworking? I just got done staining a piece, and now have to wait until tonight to start the polyurethane. Who out there likes to build things?
  3. askthejak

Back from my hiatus

Hi THPers, It has been a while since I posted here- crazy couple of months. My wife and I bought a new house, something of a fixer upper, and I have been spending all of my free time doing what needs to be done there. On top of that, I was in Pittsburgh for 5 weeks for work. Hope all is well...
  4. askthejak

Got a package today...

I got home this evening from my league match, and there was something waiting at the door- my 3DX Pros. I unwrapped them and they look great. Little bit thicker topline, but they feel great to swing. I can't wait to hit the range tommorow after work and try these babies out.
  5. askthejak

Great Story

Watch the video in the link below- really awesome story about two extraordinary people. Cleveland high school wrestlers -- one blind, one an amputee -- define the meaning of friendship - ESPN
  6. askthejak

This seems like a good deal....

I was just perusing ebay, and there are two new sets of 3DX pro irons on there for $180, 3-PW. It seems like a good deal to me, but two questions- how wide is the sole and what is ballflight like?
  7. askthejak

wtf seriously

So I stopped at a driving range this morning before work. The place is bad (old shag balls with no dimples) and overpriced, but I wanted to hit a bucket. I was hitting some irons and then pulled out my beloved G10- the most reliable club in my bag. I hit one and it is good. I hit another, and...
  8. askthejak

Unique holes

Played a crazy hole lately? Post it here. I played at a local country club (54 holes there, 27 hole par 3 course, 27 hole regular course) last week that had a par 5 shaped like a "Z". The hole is in a deep valley, so there were no shortcuts to be had, it just took three good shots to hit the green.
  9. askthejak

Ping irons

I have loved my G10 so far (I think I hit 11/14 fairways yesterday, which is good for me). This has gotten me thinking about picking up a set of their irons. There are a couple on ebay I am looking at (black dot- so I could get them customized pretty easily- I am 5'11, so standard length is...
  10. askthejak

Would you make this trade?

I have my White Hot #9 (mint) for sale on the other site, and somebody came back with a couple of trade offers. The one that interested me was a Titleist 906F4 15.5* w/ GD YS-6+ FW stiff. Just wondering if you would make that trade. I wouldn't hate a new 3W. Mine is soo long, but it tends to...
  11. askthejak

Ping G10

How have people's experiences been with this club? I know Gummi Bear plays one. I have read good things, but looking for a little bit more.
  12. askthejak

Ebay user question

Anybody bought anything from "bobsbettergolf"? I am looking at a G10 that he has listed, and wanted to know if this is a reliable source.
  13. askthejak

Who else has done this this year?

So I took aim at the flag on a longer par 3 with my Cobra Baffler 3H. I take a swing, and the next thing I know, my club is light. Shaft snapped right at the hosel- bam. Club is toast- reshafting costs more than I paid for the club.
  14. askthejak

Iron push/pulls

This is a similar question to the one rocketsauce had in a thread, but kind of different, so I started a new thread. I tend to push/slightly fade my long irons, but straight pull my short irons. I have worked on keeping my shoulders more quiet through impact with my short irons, with mixed...
  15. askthejak

Cobra Baffler hybrids

Any thoughts on these? Good deal I am looking at on one, and was wondering about people's experiences with the club.
  16. askthejak

Question here

I should be getting a decent tax return this year. The one luxury item I am affording myself is going to be a new driver. The two that I am particularly interested in, especially for the money, are the Mizuno MX-700 and the Callaway Diablo. Problem is, I know of no retailer around me that...
  17. askthejak

Shamwow guy in jail

Apparently Vince beat up a hooker. Brings a new meaning to "slap/chop". http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0327092sham1.html
  18. askthejak

Headcover question

My Odyssey's stock headcover has a piece of velcro on the inside for obvious purposes. Could the abrasive side of the velcro scratch the finish on the putter?
  19. askthejak

What did you give up for lent?

Self explanatory, what did everybody give up for lent? I gave up chips and salsa, which anybody who knows me could tell you is a huge sacrifice. I am not catholic, or even remotely close theologically, but I think that doing this is good for the soul. You feel accomplished at the end. But you...
  20. askthejak

Golf Digest US Open Contest

Sunday night, I got an email from Golf Digest saying that I was a quarterfinalist in the US Open Contest (6-word essay contest). Among other details, it said that I would be receiving a call in the next day or two if I was selected to move forward in the competition. Well, no call came, so I...
Back