Search results for query: *

1. CarstenBF

Paris-Roubaix today.

After a long winter of waiting. Today is the day! The 110th edition of Paris-Roubaix. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buQGibzq8Sg Just wondered if anyone here is into cycling? Usually people have only watched bits and pieces from the Tour, but really I much prefer the one day races. The spring...
  2. CarstenBF

Fairway wood advice.

Ok, I have a somewhat simple question, but though I'd wrap it in a wall of text. No need to make it too easy for you guys. About a year and a half ago when I just started golfing, I invested in a G10 4w. I'd read compelling tales of how easy and forgiving this club was supposed to be, so it...
  3. CarstenBF

Saturn V

At the outing I was rambling to a lot of people about my visit to KSC and how seeing the Saturn V literally blew my mind. Unfortunately my camera went bust, so here is the pic I kept talking about. Even though it looks huge, the picture really don't do it any justice. Next time I'll bring a...
  4. CarstenBF

Training gloves.

Recently discovered that I'm bending my left wrist backwards (30-45*) at the top of my backswing. I suspect this is preventing me from releasing the club properly and is robbing me of distance. Problem is even though I'm aware of it, I simply cannot stop doing it. Even on a real slow practice...
  5. CarstenBF

Hit the MP53 and 63 today.

So, my old Callaway X-16's are starting to show some serious wear, and I've been aching to replace them for a while now. As I've stated on a few occasions in the past I've been close to pulling the trigger on a set of i15's, but the beautiful forged Mizuno's have always been lurking in the back...
  6. CarstenBF

Help me finish my bag.

Ahoy folks. So my golf season has really taken off. As I've mentioned on a few occasions I recently took up golf again after a long break. Picked up some cheap X16's and a driver during winter. Threw in 3 wedges and a putter when spring arrived and off I went. My irons are 3-PW, but ditched...
  7. CarstenBF

So I finally befriended my driver, but ...

Short story long, I've recently picked up golf again after a 20 year hiatus. Didn't use any kind of woods back then, be it driver or FW's. However during a visit to my sister a borrowed a set, and hit it's Callaway driver pretty well. So I figured I wanted my own. During winter I picked up a...
  8. CarstenBF

TM R7 irons

These are dirt cheap atm. Can anyone recommend them? I'd go hit them of course, but can't find any shops that still carry them around here. If I like the R9's am I likely to enjoy the R7's aswell? Had my mind set on the 09 Burners, but since I'm on a budget and stumbled upon a great offer for...
  9. CarstenBF

J36 Combo for a hacker.

Shopping for my first "real" set of irons. Quick background info. Played quite a bit as junior. Had a 15 year break from the game during which I played maybe 2-3 times a year, but this spring I'm coming back in full force. I'm sooo tired of playing with other peoples no-name backup sets. Have...
Back