Search results for query: *

1. Owen

Membership Costs?

My hometown course has changed the way you buy a membership this year. It is either $1500 w/cart for entire year or $100 per month without cart. Since it is Kentucky and it's typically too cold to golf for about 3 months a year, I think I am going to go with the monthly rate. Seems like a pretty...
  2. Owen

Bags on carts

Anyone else have trouble making their golf bag fit on the golf cart properly? I strap it down tight, but it always starts leaning making it difficult to get to my stuff. I've owned 2 Nike bags and thinking that they are just not designed properly to fit snug.
  3. Owen

Age of taking the game more serious

How old were you guys when you first started getting into golf? Not just playing, but really taking it seriously. I actually started playing around 2005 (age 21), but only played like 3 times a year with a cheap $80 set of clubs from Walmart. It wasn't until 2010 (age 26) that I started really...
  4. Owen

Golfing Temperature

Do you have a certain temperature that it has to be to go golfing? For me it is 60 degrees. I've tried going when it was colder, but I played pretty bad. From now on it has to be warm enough that I'm not constantly thinking about how cold I am.
  5. Owen

WTB: THP or SeeMore Headcover

Bought a used SeeMore FGP Original putter today, but the headcover that came with it was really worn. Looking for either a THP or SeeMore headcover that is in nice condition. UPDATE: Got a SeeMore cover. Now looking for 2013 THP Cover if anyone has an extra one.
  6. Owen

Nike Dunk NG Shoes

Anyone tried these out or even seen them in stores? I think they look pretty awesome, but afraid they will feel very stiff.
  7. Owen

Hybrid Loft?

What should the degree separation be between hybrids? 3 to 4 degrees? I am asking because I have found a nice 5h, but there is only a 1 degree difference between it and my 4h.
  8. Owen

Shipping Golf Bag?

Need some help guys. I just sold my old golf bag on eBay and I am now trying to figure out how to ship the thing. If I just take it to UPS will they handle it? Thanks for any advice.
  9. Owen

Super Bowl Commercials

Expecting some good ones tonight. Didn't watch any of them online this year cause I like to be surprised when watching the game. Let's keep SB commercial chatter here.
  10. Owen

Golf Shirts & Not Golfing

How often do you guys wear your golf shirts out and around when you aren't playing golf? I wear mine around while doing other things from time to time. They are too stylish for only dudes on the golf course to see. :cool:
  11. Owen

Concerts

Anyone been to any concerts within the past year or planning on going to one at some point this year? I'll get it started. I'm going to see 3 Doors Down and Daughtry in Louisville Saturday. Saw Kenny Chesney in concert this past summer.
  12. Owen

F/S: NEW 2012 Nike Lunar Control Shoes (White/Pewter)

I bought these towards the end of fall and never wore them. I had originally bought them to wear this upcoming season, but now want to buy the 2013 Lunars instead. They are a size 10.5 and still have the tags on them. Asking $80 for them. Thanks for looking.
  13. Owen

Graphic Design

Anyone here into graphic design? I am mainly into making sports wallpapers and stuff. Would love to do this for a professional team. Here is a link to some of my most recent stuff. http://owenb23.deviantart.com/ Tiger Wallpaper Added - 1/30/13
  14. Owen

Met Someone Famous Today

Was in the Opry Mills Mall in Nashville, TN and ran into Brad Arnold, the lead singer of the band 3 Doors Down. I had seen him earlier that day and thought that if it wasn't him it was someone who looked alot like him. So I was in the Oakley store looking at some golf shirts when him and his...
  15. Owen

Anyone getting DirecTV?

If anyone is considering getting DirecTV anytime soon let me know and I'll give you my account number so we can both save $100. I've always wanted to "Refer a Friend" so I could save some money each month, but I can't convince anyone to drop Dish Network or Cable. Just PM if you are interested.
  16. Owen

Bad Habits

What's everyones bad habits on the golf course? I am bad about taking the tee directly out of the ground and sticking it in my mouth.....with the dirt still on it. Also bad about taking off my headcovers and just throwing them on the ground rather than placing them in the seat of the cart so...
  17. Owen

Golf Shorts?

Am I in the minority here when I say that I don't like golf shorts? I have tried on several pair but I always feel they look "old manish" on me and are too short. I feel more comfortable just wearing some American Eagle (not cargo) shorts. UPDATE: Bought my first pair of golf shorts today...
  18. Owen

Tennis Shirts?

Anyone ever bought a Tennis shirt? Looking at them online they appear to be the same style as golf shirts, just a little bit cheaper.
  19. Owen

Confidence Impact on Your Game

Anyone else have major confidence issues on the course? I feel I am better that what my score reflects most of the time, but can't put it all together due to me losing confidence in my self. Sometimes it only takes 1 or 2 bad shots to really throw me off for the rest of the day. I can go from...
  20. Owen

New Member from Kentucky

Stumbled upon this site while researching golf clubs. Seems like a pretty cool place to "hang out." Not a very experienced golfer. Started playing 4-5 years ago, but just really got into the game within the past 2 years. I'm hooked.
Back