Search results for query: *

1. darahagan

I'm Back

So I haven't posted in a long time, 2013 to be precise. In 2014 I moved to Australia for a working holiday, I didn't have the time or money to play golf or participate on this this forum. Something I missed, a lot. Unfortunately, I had to cut it short, as my uncle, passed away. He was 42 and...
  2. darahagan

BBQ for Christmas (Help Needed)

I am cooking some American style food for my families Christmas eve party. I have ordered a boned pork shoulder for pulled pork, and a beef brisket. My problem is I only have an electric oven to do the cooking. I may be able to use my 'oil drum' Barbecue to finish it but I don't think I could do...
  3. darahagan

View from the bedroom window

It is as simple as the title implies! It may be a view we take for granted. Post the pictures from your bedroom window! And yes, those are my cows.
  4. darahagan

Gonna Take the Plunge

After 8 Years with my girl, I will be finally asking for her to marry me. I am 25, she is 24. Still pretty young but it is the right time. The reason for posting is one the ring, I found the perfect ring, but it is slightly out of my price range. I can afford it. But we are planning a big trip...
  5. darahagan

Concra Wood

My usual four ball decided to go out on the bank holiday monday last week to a course we hadn't played before called Concra Wood. It is a relatively new course, 5 years old I think, and it is less than an hours drive away. All I can say is WOW. The clubhouse is nice, it was built during the...
  6. darahagan

Never Happened Me Before: Walkoff!!

On Saturday I had arranged with my fourball to play in the club tournament, as we do every Saturday. It was a late tee time as I was late in booking it on the net. I was working that morning and it was a great day and I was looking forward to my round, even more so as it was a fourball better...
  7. darahagan

Golfsox Competition Final

I entered a competition on facebook for a company called golfsox. They are based in the netherland and produce knitted headcovers. They are kinda funky. I got to the final and I now need votes to win. If you win you get a sponsorship package with them. It isn't massive but would mean a lot to...
  8. darahagan

WTB- New golf Shoes

I need a new pair of black golf shoes, my old Adidas served me well but have sprung a leak. I don't have a big to spend on them but would like something from adidas or maybe footjoy. I need something that will be waterproof and I am not really into fashion so they don't even have to be a current...
  9. darahagan

Thank you THPers

This is my last day in work for Christmas That means I will not be very active here as I don't have internet at home. After Christmas i will more than likely be on the factory floor due to the layoffs I ranted about earlier here so I might not be back here for a while. I have never met any of...
  10. darahagan

Golfers in Ireland

I made a new group to see how many THP members are from Ireland. Might serve to create a future outing or tournament. The group is called Irish Golfers.
  11. darahagan

Energy Drinks & Shots

I don't trust those energy drinks. When I was doing my exams this year I had to get up early as I travelled to uni. So about an hour before the exam I took a red bull or monster. It never worked! I could hardly keep my eyes open. But as soon as my exam was over, boom!!! One way ticket to...
  12. darahagan

Royal Portrush GC Review

I recently played the famous links course with my regular fourball. It was a gift for my uncles birthday and as we usual play together he invited me to play. I jumped at the chance to play this course as I had visited the course to watch the Irish Open Wednesday pro-am. I have only been playing...
  13. darahagan

What do you do for a living?

I have just got my Bachelor of science degree in microbiology. But I have started working for the family business H2 Engineering. We make sheds and garages. Sounds dull, but if you check out how we deliver them you will realise its not!!
  14. darahagan

Royal Portrush GC

I will have the biggest test of golf to date when I play Royal Portrush on the 10th of October (next week). Has anyone here played this historic course or is it on your wishlist to someday play here. Any tips to get round in one piece?
  15. darahagan

Fail!

Seen this on a free adds site here in ireland. thought it was a bit much to take his love life so public!
  16. darahagan

The 3 iron, a dying breed.

Is it just me or is the 3 iron being phased out by club makers. I'm not actually looking for a set right now, but just looking through some sets at the current range of clubs on offer, there is no mention of 3 irons. I have to say that I love my 3 iron, it is my go too club off the tee when I...
  17. darahagan

Big and Tall

I am 6ft 4inches and over 200 pounds. I get a lot of 'you should get longer clubs' (they are moron) etc. Is there any other big and tall golfers out there with funny stories, tips, and sites to buy cheap giant clothes!!
  18. darahagan

No Idea what I'm doing!

I'm new to this site, even though i have heard a lot about it. Does anybody have any tips for getting the best out of this community.
Back