Search results for query: *

1. rollin

Does not having perfect form actually HELP some shots?

Not sure if I agree (or perhaps misunderstanding) about hands leading being what creates spin.... but spin in my understanding is about clubhead speed first and foremost within a glancing blow. of course all the factors of the swing (including hands position and release) are involved in...
  2. rollin

What is an "average" golfer?

Is there really ever such a thing as an "average" golfer? I feel from playing 90% as a single for decades mixing with countless people on munis.....the far majority (not even close and off the charts majority) play once a week (if they can) , do not run any hc, do not know nor play even...
  3. rollin

What is an "average" golfer?

I use to think this, but no the average person wouldnt imo have more fun. Because they (most people, most the time) fail at too many shots outright for it to really matter for their fun anyway as for which tee they began. And they simply prefer not to move up in the first place because to them...
  4. rollin

New Bag Build - Top End or Bottom End

Imo it's the simplest thing yet a hard choice..lol Basically it comes down to simply sacrificing one club for another. What can you get away without feeling it much vs what you might gain with the addition. Heck....some people switch up based on the course they play if they know the course...
  5. rollin

I’ve never hit a colored golf ball before. Only white…..however

"I’ve never hit a colored golf ball before. Only white" Sounds racist to me
  6. rollin

I’ve never hit a colored golf ball before. Only white…..however

I been a yellow ball player for years . Track it (for me) easier in the sky and easily identifiable. That being said, the neon ones like the violets and reds and heck even the neon yellowish grees....I just cannot see these balls fly nor land nor on the ground. Its wierd cause the traditional...
  7. rollin

What's worse...a 3 putt par or a 3 putt bogey?

since all my golf is just stroke play vs myself and the course....it doesnt matter because any extra (should have made it) stroke we failed at is a stroke regardless at anytime and anyplace anyhow.
  8. rollin

Front, Middle, Back, Tips, Back, Middle, Front?

unfortunately we also start and (for too many) end life with diapers. Its sad really.
  9. rollin

Tee Box Location

Mostly just try to find a flattest stance. But i will favor whatever side gives me the best line. i am known to very often stand with my feet outside the tee marker and ball just inside if I desire the angle/line.
  10. rollin

What was accepted/common knowledge about golf when you were growing up that is considered false now?

I always find this kind of stuff interesting. I think the better we understand the physics of balls do what they do the better off we are for it. that being said......I believe it still holds true but not for the reason many people assume. Obviously two balls hit identically the same with...
  11. rollin

Courses not allowing solo players?

I don't get what some of you are even talking about. Imo booking as a single doesn't mean I take up a whole 4some slot. It only means I book one of the player slots in that time slot. Now if a course is not allowing a solo to book a single slot (1of the 4 slots) in a tee time slot I do not...
  12. rollin

How do you feel about a former tour pro winning the club championship?

dont know much about this stuff but from many years experiences here on THP....I thought most you competitors always complained the hc system unfairly favors mid an mid high cappers much more while makes it far too difficult for the best/better players to win.
  13. rollin

7 iron only off the tee challenge

I know you know this....in the end there is never any magical better way to play. No matter how we slice it up or try to incorporate different things, ideologies and versions , its always going to be about good basic ball striking for simple basic golf shots majority of the time vs what for...
  14. rollin

Backyard Golf Fail!

So seriously funny yet so seriously ugly at the same time. I wonder how bad the injury really was. :D:eek::oops::LOL:😢:po_O:eek::(:):rolleyes::( and so on
  15. rollin

But its not shooting 80. Its talking bogey golf via eliminating big blowups. Bogey golf is not 80 golf....its 90 golf. 80 golf is just 8 strokes over par requires getting on or ear enough every green in gir amount of strokes. then taking 2 or on occasion (8 out of the 18 times) 3 more strokes...
  16. rollin

Fwiw in a way what this basically is when you yhink about it....is playing old man golf. Can't hit any siginificant distance so even poor shots are never too far off. Barely lose a ball. By default won't be many if any outright blowups. Chug along in such a manor and play a respectable if not...
  17. rollin

For myself only....I want to play well but not via some lessor version of the game. The idea (for myself) is to play the "full" game for what it is via using the clubs for what they are. Thats what Ive had the many many lessons and efforts in trying to be as consistent as possible doing...
  18. rollin

Once on green to obtain your putting line. Do you squat, bend over, or neither yet simply stand?

I didnt add the squat/stand mixture (which was the two extremes) but I suppose I should have.
Back