Search results for query: *

1. wadesworld

Evansville, IN Monday May 20th - Skytrak experience pre-round

We're booking a round on Monday morning, May 20th. If anyone would like to join us, please let us know. Furthermore, if any locals have course recommendations for the Evansville area, please toss them out.
  2. wadesworld

Course Mgmt: shot evaluation criteria

As I try to shave strokes from my game, I frequently run into the issue of whether I should have made a different decision. I'm interested in how you evaluate your decisions, both good and bad. An interesting example came from a round this weekend. I was on a long par 4, the #1 handicap hole...
  3. wadesworld

Weird tip - dealing with torn up hands

When I hit too many balls, I've been known to tear my hands to shreds with abrasions, blisters, calluses, splits, etc. You'd often see me putting 3 or 4 bandaids on to be able to get through a round or range session. I talked to my dermatologist about it the splitting, particularly around the...
  4. wadesworld

Let's go - Happy Golf Season Start!

I know it may not be true for your GHIN, but I consider the time change the official start of the golf season. Let's go boys and girls! Let's shoot some lower scores, but most of all, enjoy the experiences, the nature, the friendships, and count ourselves lucky to be able to play this great game!
  5. wadesworld

Ignorance was bliss

Before the rise of social media, we were so blissfully ignorant of how many scammers and just generally awful people live amongst us. I can barely bring myself to open my local Facebook group or Nextdoor.
  6. wadesworld

JMan - I found your heros (rounds played)

@Jman For 2023 What can we determine from the stats? Both golfers live somewhere warm. The male is either retired or independently wealthy. Almost zero chance the male is married or has kids (I hope anyhow) The female is obviously cool as heck! Both golfers are getting so much value out...
  7. wadesworld

Name your comfort food

One of our family's comfort foods is cubed steak. I'm making it tonight for my daughter before she goes back to college. While there's a couple different ways it can be prepared (such as with gravy), there's only one "right way" in our family: fried cube steak which must be accompanied by...
  8. wadesworld

Middle TN Winter Top Golf League

Checking to see if any middle TN golfers would be interested in the Top Golf winter league. I did this last year and really enjoyed it and it was a great way to get some swings in during the winter. It's a FANTASTIC financial deal, and it's fun to hit some shots and have dinner. - Monday...
  9. wadesworld

PSA: Have uncomfortable conversations

@jazi95's unfortunate situation and my situation this time last year has prompted me to make this post. Apologies for the not-fun subject. Folks, have an uncomfortable conversation with your parents and your spouse and anyone else for whom you might be expected to make decisions (except...
  10. wadesworld

I'll never be a detective

So I always have to write down the names of people who I get paired with on the scorecard or I'll forget them before the first green. My coach does these directed practice sessions where we have to take a cart to the practice area. I get in the cart today with one of the guys and say, "Hey...
  11. wadesworld

NCAA - tougher conditions for men?

For those of who have watched the NCAA's, does anyone think the conditions are tougher for the men? (Don't give me any spoilers, I'm behind and just now watching the men's individual play.) It seems to me the greens are firmer and faster than they were for the women. I see all sorts of great...
  12. wadesworld

How to maximize value of a launch monitor

As a part of my lesson membership, I will have access to a Trackman for 2 hours per month (more if I pay for it). I have the following ideas on how best to use it, but wanted to solicit input from others, particularly those of you with lots of time with launch monitors. How would you use it...
  13. wadesworld

What is effective short-game practice?

Following up on @seemoreputters post on where we spend our practice time, I'd like to discuss effective practice in the short game. Not many of us do as much short game practice as we probably should, so what are we doing to make sure our practice is effective? Let's not discuss range habits -...
  14. wadesworld

Idea for a THP giveaway

I'll take one.
  15. wadesworld

2023 Augusta National Women's Amateur

The Augusta National Women's Amateur starts today at 1:30 Eastern on Golf Channel and Peacock. I'm looking forward to watching.
  16. wadesworld

Nashville-area THP'ers

Going to be an absolutely perfect day on Saturday and I don't have a league tournament. Anybody interested in getting together?
  17. wadesworld

What items did you not have that you now can't live without?

I'll start: Ratchet belts
  18. wadesworld

Push cart for your team or not?

I always find it curious to see collegiate and high school golfers carrying their bag. I would think a coach would want their golfers to be as rested as possible as they make their way around the course. Additionally, players can get shoulder or back problems from carrying. Admittedly at that...
  19. wadesworld

Darius Rucker Intercollegiate

Some good women's college golf on golf channel today and tomorrow.
  20. wadesworld

Nashville / Mid-TN THP crowd

Let's get together. Who wants to join me for a round on Saturday the 18th? One to three spots open. We'll figure out course and time as soon as we know how many are playing. Who's in? Let's make it happen.
Back