Search results for query: *

1. sternalot

Do your irons feel too heavy? Mine kind of do... Any advice?

This is the best advice forward. The common suggestion of adding weight to the butt end of the club will fool a swing weight scale, but it won't fool the golfer. Imagine someone saying, "this object is too heavy" and someone told you "well just add some weight to it." Lol OP is saying that he...
  2. sternalot

Two Drivers

If you have two drivers. do you have one? This seems like a very expensive way to band-aid what is likely a bigger problem. Going this route is probably just making the problem even worse. "Nothing to fear but fear itself."
  3. sternalot

Wedges for 2023?

MG3 --> Glide 4.0
  4. sternalot

rlewis1323 full bag fitting at CC review/data (a positive experience!)

I'd bet the driver loft is doing a lot more work here to reduce the spin than the shaft. I can't tell what your directional miss is, but you might be able to turn down the loft on your current driver and replicate some of the better dynamics without paying a penny.
  5. sternalot

rlewis1323 full bag fitting at CC review/data (a positive experience!)

Definitely see some improvement, especially with the driver. I know you said you like your current driver, but you are 100% leaving meaningful yards on the table with the current stick. Spinning it at 5000 is way, way too much. Your landing angle is higher than your irons! With that said, you...
  6. sternalot

Encourage me not to give up golf

Oh? So you are a golfer! You shouldn't do something you don't enjoy, but I also think the vast majority of golfers can improve their experience with the game by either (1) resetting expectations and/or (2) removing them completely.
  7. sternalot

Encourage me not to give up golf

So much THIS. Chase a little white ball around a giant field. Be a kid. Get lost. Make a new friend. Enjoy old friends. Be alone with your thoughts. Listen to a pod or your favorite new album. Make golf yours.
  8. sternalot

How To Play Ballyhack Hole 4

I'm not sure how you hit anything but driver here, especially if playing the Ballyhack or Big Lick tees. Aim point for me is center/center left of the bunker.
  9. sternalot

Suggested Tee Markers

I think I’ve defined why/where I stand on this with subsequent comments. Those “powerbats” still get miss hit by amateurs 2/3 times leaving them short of whatever distance they claim to hit it. Golfers are the problem with the framework.
  10. sternalot

Suggested Tee Markers

If not machismo or similar, there would be a greater percentage of people that underestimate their length. I couldn't tell you one golfer I've played with that hits their clubs further than they think they do. Perhaps machismo is not the right word, but "overconfidence" definitely seems to be.
  11. sternalot

Suggested Tee Markers

All fair. I suppose my point is that if you did a true measurement of AVERAGE 5i carry distance for each golfer, I believe the 5i framework would present a much better max than the driver distance would. I am potentially projecting my own golf skill, as I find a driver much easier to hit (bigger...
  12. sternalot

Suggested Tee Markers

Of all the frameworks for determining tees, this is probably the worst one I have seen. I am not a fan of the USGA play it forward driving distance guidelines, and I think the best framework I have seen is 5i distance (5i distance x 36.)
  13. sternalot

Erik Anders Lang

I'll be that guy... He's harder for me to watch with almost every video. I greatly appreciate what Random Golf Club stands for, but I don't think he is the best person to represent that vision.
  14. sternalot

Etiquette: When do you get your drinks?

I think the biggest issue comes when a group goes to the cart together. There is absolutely no reason that one or two people can grab drinks, while the others hit. I know there are sometimes when a cart person will cause this to happen, but if the course is smart they instruct the cart person...
  15. sternalot

Thoughts on slow play

Slow play is a big, big problem for my golf scores. Arccos data suggests it isn't just me though.
  16. sternalot

Jman’s DECADE Golf Journey

I've FINALLY started going through the DECADE material myself, and it is wild the content vs the answers in the "how would you play this par 4" thread.
  17. sternalot

How would you play this Par 4

The guy whose tweet started this whole thread.
  18. sternalot

You should read a few more of Lou's posts then.
  19. sternalot

Driver over the left edge of left pot bunker. If I pull it, I'm on the green or just over. If I push it, I have a SW in. If I hit it straight, I have 30-40 yards to the flag. Maybe 3w, if downwind. However, I'd prefer to take all bunkers out of play in favor of missing in the rough long.
Back