Search results for query: *

1. rickterp

2016-2017 College Basketball Thread

Hoop season is about to start in earnest; exhibitions this weekend and the regular season starts next Friday on Veteran's Day. Both AP and Coaches preseason poll's are out: http://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/basketball-men/polls/coaches-poll/ My alma...
  2. rickterp

mpeterson, I challenge you to a #THPCallOut

When and Where: Iron sharpens iron, so #TeamNE captain mpeterson and I will battle it out this Saturday morning at 7:42 from Olde Scotland Links in Bridgewater, MA. Format: Match Play Tale of the Tape mpeterson 11 index Driver: :callaway: XR16 Fairway: :callaway: Big Bertha V Series 3W...
  3. rickterp

Favorite aspect of Winter Golf?

For those of us who have frozen ground and bitter breezes, what is your favorite aspect of playing in the winter? For me, I like having the course mostly to myself and working on flighting the ball down. I usually hit it fairly high, so keeping it down with a shorter swing helps get me closer...
  4. rickterp

Club fitting experience

Sunday afternoon I had the opportunity to complete a fitting at Joe and Leigh's Golf Performance Center in Easton, MA. For a little bit more about Joe and Leigh's, check out their website here. This was my wedding present from my awesome wife who knew I had wanted to see where my numbers were at...
  5. rickterp

How do you motivate yourself

To stay positive during a round? What helps you forget about that last poor shot and move on to the next? I struggle with isolating a bad shot and not letting manifest, but I have been getting better. I tend to talk to myself as I walk to the next shot about the lie, what I think the yardage...
  6. rickterp

Golf on Maui & Kauai - advice needed

In September I'll be spending a week on Maui and a week on Kauai for my honeymoon with my better half. I don't know how much golf I will get to play, but here's some of what I am hoping for: Maui: Kapalua- Plantation & Bay Courses Maybe Wailea's Old Blue course? Kauai: Lagoons @ the Marriott...
  7. rickterp

Best Drills for quieting the lower body?

So I had my first lesson in years last night and confirmed that I have a whole lot of unnecessary action in my legs during my downswing. My coach told me to practice turning my shoulders with my rear against a wall and making sure it doesn't leave there until I complete the rotation, which...
  8. rickterp

Fantasy Golf Strategy/Discussion

So I'm new to the fantasy golf game. I've been an avid fantasy football player; have dabbled in basketball, baseball and even NASCAR over the years. For me, here's what I've picked up on so far with the THP weekly salary cap league: Winners rule the roost: Since each week is based off earnings...
  9. rickterp

Restore a course

I'm sure most everyone here knows of a track they play on occasion or played in the past that has seen better days or may have even outright closed. My question to fellow THP'ers is as follows: If you you could restore and rehabilitate one course you have played before, which course would it...
  10. rickterp

another short time lurker- new poster

howdy THP! This is technically my third post, but anyways. I like to think of myself as a born again golfer; learned how to play the game when I was younger, played and caddied a bit, got away from it for a long while (too long), and then suddenly got back into it the past two years and have...
Back