Search results for query: *

1. B

Callaway Paradym Drivers

Anyone go from a 2018 Rogue to a Paradym X? Hit them today and the Paradym seemed nice but not sure if I am just used to my rogue
  2. B

Wet shaving

I bought a few double edge razors and blades (Muhle and Merkur) and a fancy stand and bowl but laziness prevails, now I just use a Gillette fusion, Geo F Trumpers in the plastic tub, and a Muhle medium size badger hair brush I got ages ago as a gift with a plastic stand to dry it out after use -...
  3. B

Common practices in golf that you won’t do?

Oh so many…. As other have said… I don’t care about Tee box honors, we keep the same order regardless hate music on the course don’t pull the pin when putting don’t lift, clean, and place unless it’s super bad and no practice swings - feel like I do worse and you overthink it and it’s a...
  4. B

Another Adams Golf Makeover?

local low cost public courses near me has a good deal of them, younger, speakers blaring, all ride, usually a few beers per hole - don’t see them at the better courses though or the private clubs
  5. B

How did you decide on your clubs? Brand? Price?

Mostly from reviews and the lists year over year and going to test them out
  6. B

Watches

I don’t wear mine traveling ever unless it’s somewhere I know and comfortable with. I have an alpha chrono and a Dan Henry I use for travel I’ve sold a few Rolex to get others and I occasionally think about selling mine now but just never do it as replacing them would be impossible
  7. B

Watches

Rolex is pretty crazy now, I still remember the days when you could get a slight discount on most sports watches (minus the Daytona) - now it’s like you have to be a super established customer and hope your dealer doesn’t go bust, wait years, or pay a hefty grey premium I consider myself lucky...
  8. B

Watches

The new green seamster looks super nice to me, always one of those colors I wish I could pull off but am too boring to drop the cash on and instead opt for classic styles. Had an order in for a Harrods BB but covid killed my chance at flying over to grab it - for the best as I’m sure I’d be...
  9. B

Does it really matter to you what they wear/play

I used to only buy FJ because I associated it with being the golf shoe, however after wearing them and not enjoying with my feet/ankles killing me for a while now I am switching to a pair of spikeless New Balance, hoping they are better but I've had good luck with their shoes for daily wear...
  10. B

Anyone have the Stitch knit headcovers?

Looking at picking some up with the sale for my hybrids but not cheap even with the discount, anyone have these and like them? also want to grab one of their driver leather ones. Thanks
  11. B

The challenge of getting tee times and when to think about a club?

I am in MA and yes, also the folks I play with don't like to travel far so that limits things even more
  12. B

The challenge of getting tee times and when to think about a club?

I am up in the Northeast and it seems post covid tee times are super hard to come by, even smaller not so great courses its hard to get on when in the past I could usually find something. On top of that the one 9 hole I played a lot is now going to get super busy as it was sold to a popular...
  13. B

Moving from CBX to Jaws?

Anyone go from a big cavity back wedge to something more blade like I had an older RTX3 that I moved out for the CBX and so far have liked the CBX but at times find it hard to manage some shots around the green, been looking at the Jaws wedges but not sure if I am ready yet to go back to more...
  14. B

How Do You Choose Your Glove?

I don't even remember, I just started buying the Footjoy Weathersof two packs of the cadet medium and just keep buying them when I need new ones.
  15. B

Wet shaving

I used to do the shave in the shower thing, had a fogless mirror and it was ok, but there is just something about shaving outside over the sink that I prefer, then again I also shave before I shower so if I nick myself it stops bleeding without my having to use a paper towel
  16. B

What Do You Collect?

I try not to collect anything as to me most of it just gathers dust, so I don't have hundreds of anything but I do have a few nice scotches I just hang on to, a few nice pens, some watches and I try to find and buy hard to get bourbons but I typically will shoot for ones that are under $100 and...
  17. B

Wet shaving

another thing I dabbled in, had two double edge razors, a shaving bowl, brush and used to try all these different blades. One of the DE I have (Muhle) I never opened, it looks nice but I just got tired of trying to keep up with it and the cartridge razors are just so no nonsense and I don't cut...
  18. B

Watch enthusiasts?

I used to be big into watches, mostly looking them up and not buying, have had a few that I flipped over the years, now I have about four nicer ones and I look occasionally but nothing really jumps out at me as a must buy, the last one I got was a speedy pro before they moved to the new coaxial...
  19. B

RC Car Racing

Reviving this thread from the dead, I used to race off road when I was a teen before I got my real car, then dropped it like a hot potato. When I got older and nostalgic I picked it back up for a bit but never raced just went to practice, closest track is like an hour away and the times you...
  20. B

Interesting Concept for Private Courses

yeah one small 9 hole here said they are closed to any tier of membership, and the other private clubs all have years long waiting lists, they do have all those reports saying the income gap is growing so guess it aligns with high end club membership growth. I am not even sure what some of the...
Back