Search results for query: *

1. golfurr

PING Rapture (strong) 3 Wood 2014

Just read news about this today. I certainly didn't expect something like this from PING. A strong 3 Wood with titanium construction designed to be a driver replacement? What confuses me is the G25 is one of the most forgiving drivers made - in my opinion, so why do they need to make a product...
  2. golfurr

Do you have a favorite hybrid (2,3,4,5 etc) ?

I have experimented over the years with a few hybrids. Right now I have a mashie 2 (18*) and 5 (26*, I think), a Ping G20 3 (20*). In the past I had a Nike sumo which was a 21, and a VR which was a 24, and a Hibore which was a 22 I think ... so, a lot of different ones. I think my favorite and...
  3. golfurr

Hip sway vs turn - video

I see a bunch of hip sway/slide off the ball, which leads to head movement, and random issues. I am looking for feedback and drills to work on improving: - hip turn rather than slide on backswing and downswing - reduce the reverse pivot type leaning towards target / loosing spine tilt on...
  4. golfurr

purchasing a mirror

Anyone have a suggestion on a source for an affordable plain mirror to use for indoor posture checking etc? Kind of an odd question, but when I check Lowes or Home Depot they are kind of $$$. Any ideas on another way to go? Glass shop, perhaps? thanks
  5. golfurr

Unlimited Range Balls

My local driving range is under new management. It's a nice layout I think, always good quality balls, excellent grass to hit from, nice and big, etc. The new owner is changing things up by adding a full golf shop, a putting/chipping green, etc. I'm looking forward to that. Normally the small...
  6. golfurr

PING G20 driver VS. Cleveland Classic

I've been playing G20 woods since earlier this year. I don't have any fancy shafts in them, just the stock shaft. Like them pretty good. About a month and half back I picked up a used Cleveland Classic 290. I always wanted to try one of those, and worked a trade which made me happy. I love the...
  7. golfurr

Just joined - from Columbia SC

Hello, just a quick introduction. Been playing about 4 years seriously, now in my early 40's. Current index is in the 11 range. I try to do something golf related probably five days a week. I enjoy tournament play but I never win. I'm like the friend that gets invited to the poker game just to...
Back