Search results for query: *

1. J

2022 Callaway Rogue ST Driver Lineup

I suppose no surprise in general, but I am finding testing and fitting pretty important with the ST Max D. It is heavily draw biased. I am finding some shafts accentuate that, some shafts just don’t really work well, while some shafts provide a check against the draw bias and just work. For...
  2. J

First ‘round’ outside with my Rogue ST Max D this morning. 40s or so in NJ, but better than nothing. As a lefty, the ST Max D really takes the left side of the course out the equation. I brought a few shafts with me, Speeder 661, Rogue White 60, new stock Tensei 55. Speeder and Tensei were...
  3. J

Had a great session on the sim this morning with the ST Max D. I hit my Speeder 661 Evo VI, MMT 60 S, and Smoke im10 50 6.0. Started out with S/N on all, and was pleased with the results. No issue with launch at all at 9*, and hitting fades of varying degrees. Went to S/D, and that started...
  4. J

First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

Gotcha—well, I can say that the stock Zipcores with DG Spinner were fantastic for me. I only switched to the Steelfibers because I could, and I figured why not match my irons while getting the benefits of graphite. But there was really no need from a performance or feel standpoint. Enjoy.
  5. J

Smoke im10 50 is a very nice shaft. I would consider it mid spin/mid launch. I have it in a 6.0 and used it for part of last season in my Epic Max. I’ll give it a go (along with a variety of shafts I have around) In my Rogue Max D once I can get outside on the range and on the course. Tensei...
  6. J

I can only say that anecdotally, when I ordered my custom Zipcores last fall from Discount Dan’s, I had them in hand within about 2 weeks. Not sure what the current timeline is. I got the Steelfiber i110 stiff SS 1X, and they are perfect. And I can echo some of the recent posts that these...
  7. J

A wise choice if I may say so. My favorite wedges ever. I played half of last season with the stock 54/58 Mid Zipcore with Spinner shaft, and then custom ordered the same with Steelfibers, and those will be in the bag again this coming season. So reliable and versatile. Enjoy.
  8. J

Took the first swings with my Rogue ST Max D driver yesterday. Unfortunately, only on an indoor sim, but it was better than nothing. I only had about an hour, and had some of my other drivers with me, plus hit regular iron shots, but I got some swings in with the Rogue. Very impressed based...
  9. J

This new beauty arrived today. Ordered it 3/4” short, D2-D3 SW. Showed up perfectly right between D2-D3 SW. I’ll give it a run with this new Tensei AV 55 S, but I have plenty of other Callaway shafts around like Rogue White 60, Smoke im10, Speeder, etc. Need the winter weather to cooperate...
  10. J

Agree. Plus, I found that the weight matters. With the im10 60, I found the 6.0 too stiff and ended up with the 5.5. With the im10 50, I could go with either the 5.5 or 6.0 but preferred the stability of the 6.0. Looking forward to trying these shafts and my other usual suspects in my...
  11. J

50% TRADE IN BONUS IS BACK ON CALLAWAY GOLF

I was fortunate to receive a code the other day. In the past, Callaway has always had disclaimers about how many clubs you can trade in relative to a purchase, and I’ve never had them stick to that disclaimer. In other words, I trade in two drivers and a fairway wood to offset a new driver...
  12. J

Well, I wasn't really in the market. Felt pretty good coming out of last season with a G425 Max, Epic Max and Sim Max D in contention. Alas, I got the 50% trade bonus e-mail today, so no doubt I will trade in a couple of clubs to cover the purchase of a Rogue ST Max or ST Max D. Will most...
  13. J

Driver Shaft Weight?

Generally been in the 60+ range, but I've been going more towards the 50's lately with success. While I feel the heavier shaft better, I think I get the driver around better with the slightly lighter shaft and square the club better. I've found this with my Epic Max and G425 Max (Alta CB 55S)...
  14. J

Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

Of course, all of our games are different, but generally speaking, I have found the 9* Max head to be ideal for launch and spin. I did have the 10.5* head for a spell, but it launched too high and spun too much, so I sent it back to Callaway. If you want to bring launch and spin down, but...
  15. J

Do You Know Your Swing Weight

I invested like $50 in one of the budget Golfworks swing-weight scales a few years ago, and it has been a huge addition. I generally play my irons and woods D1-D3. With my irons, I play Steelfiber i110, which swing-weight quite low due to their balancing. I generally order stock, which comes...
  16. J

I’ve come full circle this season with the Epic Max, and I feel it is now firmly in the bag. While I have other Callaway shafts around, just talking stock, I started out with the Smoke im10 60 6.0. That was causing too many pushes and blocks. Then went to the im10 60 5.5, which was better...
  17. J

If you were to loosen your weight in order to slide it, but instead keep unscrewing, the weight will just pop out. Just leave the piece that is in the channel, and then screw the new weight into that piece. I use the same stock screw even when swapping weights. Really easy peasy to swap out...
  18. J

Tell Me About Your Iron Shafts

I do believe your joints will thank you. I am in my late 40's, and the worst I generally get now is some ordinary wear and tear from playing regularly, normal soreness, etc. In my 30's when I started playing golf regularly through a few years ago when I switched to graphite, I had serious...
  19. J

Tell Me About Your Iron Shafts

Graphite for me, no doubt. I was fit for, play and love the Steelfiber i110 R. I prefer the extra weight over the i95, and frankly, find the i110 a bit more active than the i95 which I find a bit boarder. That said, I still really like the i95 R. I also have a set of PXG Gen2 irons with...
  20. J

Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

The Apex '19 were easily one of the my favorite iron sets ever. Like in my case, they might get bumped for a little more forgiveness on one end, or slightly better feel on another end, or a need for a shaft change. But from top to bottom, they are one of the best packages of feel, forgiveness...
Back