Search results for query: *

1. S

G/Fore Gallivan2r Shoes

These seem like there is no way that they would be that comfortable for walking a long 18. But…… they are. They don’t feel like a sports crossover show but they are light weight feeling and they are very comfy. You have to get used to the insoles a little but it’s not hard. Otherwise they are...
  2. S

Portland may lose golf course to MLB

If you are looking in Forest Heights area, if you can swing Portland Golf Club, that would be my suggestions hands down. It is definitely one of the higher end private courses in the area but a great track!
  3. S

First Time Playing 18 Holes?

First off, play whenever you want to and works well for you Second, don’t keep score or just loosely keep score. You are going to shoot such a high number, nobody cares nor should you. Third, don’t do as suggested and leave driver and 3 wood or whatever in the car. Golf is played with a...
  4. S

Links Course or Cypress at Grand Cypress/Evermore Orlando

I am looking for feedback on which course we should play at Evermore in Orlando, the Old Grand Cypress? Going with a work group of 8 and looks like both are open and options for us in March. Mostly all good golfers under 10 hdcp. Is one “better” than the other?
  5. S

Srixon Z star line

I have played yellow z stars almost exclusively for 3-4 years and they ALL do that. Many many dozen. It happens within a hole or two but does not really get worse. Crazy! I do not in any way think it impacts performance but the crack is definitely there. Looked online and it seems they know...
  6. S

Private Course Weekend Tee Time Issues

Ask your club pro. As mentioned, many times they will do this fora group if there doesn’t seem to be a problem.
  7. S

New member - has been former scratch

Ughhhh…: welcome/congrats?
  8. S

Do you know....when you're slow?

It would be interesting to see a poll and see how many here think that they may be slow sometimes and how many will fess up to being slow. My take is that if you think you might be slow “sometimes” with certain situations, you are who everyone is talking about but can’t be honest enough with...
  9. S

Puma DRYLBL Boot Golf Shoes

When the wind is ripping at Bandon and the clouds open up and pour on you for a few holes, you can’t beat a good waterproof high top golf shoe/boot. You definitely not wearing them with shorts but in the right environment, they can’t be beat.
  10. S

Hoofer Lite- which color easiest to keep nice?

I have used exclusively an all white Titleist Players 4 bag for a few years now, in Oregon, and it still looks great. Play around 50 rounds per year and I carry in the wet and cold months. I am not overly careful but it’s just not like I am playing in the mud and dirt on a golf course. I would...
  11. S

Gout sucks bigtime

I completely understand avoiding meds at all costs but I got pretty bad gout for a long time and was willing to do whatever it takes to stop it. Been on Allopurinol for a few years and not one flare up.
  12. S

What is your favorite Open Championship course?

What surprises me the most is how much regard Carnoustie gets. Played it and Old Course, Kingsbarns and a handful of others last year and our whole group was completely underwhelmed by Carnoustie. It’s a fun track but while playing it I never got the sense that you were anywhere special. Even...
  13. S

golf shorts

Lululemon! You may think they are just women’s yoga clothes but I have yet to meet someone who has tried them and doesn’t swear by them after c
  14. S

Bandon trip bag adjustments

Mentioned above that eye drops can be a real godsend. With all the sand and wind I have got sand in my eyes multiple times and they came in super handy. Also, zip lock bags. Throw your phone in it if needed, wallet etc. I also keep gloves in them as sometimes you get poured on and then it clears...
  15. S

Would you rock Sqairz?

Without question, no. If you are wearing these I am asking you to double down on any bet we make. Zero serious golfers wear these, period!
  16. S

Golf Gear Without Visiting or Playing?

Simple answer is, NEVER! Only exception is if someone bought it for you without asking, and then, only if they are there.
  17. S

European golf trip (Scotland)

We did this for 10 days in May. More info is needed. We went for purely golf and could not have been better. Wanted to play old course and the best we could play considering time and desire to not move every few days. We wrapped up the trip thinking we couldn’t not have planned better or had a...
  18. S

Most Exclusive Course Played?

LACC or The Vintage
  19. S

My Course dues going up 1 Jan, are yours?

Went up $55 from $665/month to $720/month. Membership was over full this year with a waiting list and initiation bumped up too. Costs have gone up and there is high demand, so not surprising.
Back