Search results for query: *

1. ken419

Smelly Golf Bag

A few months ago I bought a used bag on eBay. Overall the condition is good; no stains, tears, etc. Unfortunately this thing was likely stored in a garage/shed for a few years because it absolutely STINKS like diesel exhaust. The smell is most noticeable towards the top of the bag in the velvety...
  2. ken419

Hack the Menu

http://hackthemenu.com Anybody ever try ordering any of these "secret" menu items? If available in your area, try the Chili Cheese Burrito from Taco Bell. Add Fritos for an extra 30 cents and you'll have the original "Frito Burrito" from the 1990s.
  3. ken419

Par 3's - How Long is Too Long?

A local course I enjoy playing has two long par 3 holes, one at 235yds and the other at 240yds. With your average amateur only hitting 195-205 with their driver*, should it still be considered a par 3, and how long would you consider to be too long? *SOURCE: Golf Digest 2/9/17
  4. ken419

Favorite Company NOT Making Golf Shoes

What's your favorite shoe brand that doesn't currently make a golf shoe, but you wish they would? My vote would be K-Swiss.
  5. ken419

Street Light Stories

A short film from one of my favorite Youtube channels, Pittsburgh Dad. If you were a child of the 80s growing up in a working class neighborhood, this will definitely bring back some memories, and maybe even a tear to your eye...
  6. ken419

FREE: Nike Flex-Loft Wrench Tool

I've got two of these from RBG...the hybrids I ordered came with mis-matched headcovers that included these wrenches. Anyone who can use one of these to replace a lost/broken one or just wants an extra one, PM me.
  7. ken419

Cheap Adidas Gear

If you're fortunate to have an outlet mall near you, the Adidas store may be having a pretty good sale going on right now. Select golf polos were only $19.99, the rest of the golf apparel was 30% off. Also, the manager may be passing out coupons for additional savings. I picked up two polos, a...
  8. ken419

GPS App for iOS

I'm new to golf once again after not playing for about 4 years due to health issues. When I last played regularly I was still using a Blackberry, and I don't remember what app I had used at the time. Looking for recommendations for a good free/low cost GPS app for iOS.
  9. ken419

Wow, this place has changed...

It's been a while since I logged in here. This place has gotten a lot busier since I was last here. I was member #1419 when I joined about 3.5 years ago, now up to 18,000+. Kind of took a bit of a break from golf as well. Only played 2-3 rounds last year, and only hit the range a few times...
  10. ken419

Putting Grip Question

I've tried putting right-handed a few times with terrible results. The only thing for me that works even halfway decently is if I hold the putter like a hockey stick- feet spread apart with my left hand on the grip and right hand 1/3 of the way down the shaft, similar to this (ball positioned at...
  11. ken419

Cooperstown, NY Area

Planning a trip to Cooperstown, NY this September to visit the Baseball HOF, and looking to bring my bag with me. Looking for some nice courses under $40 to play.
  12. ken419

The Song Game

Took this from another forum I visit.... Okay, the rules are simple, I'll start by posting a song, and the next song posted must contain one complete word from the last song posted, it can be in the band name or the song title. (Example JACK Johnson - The Horizon Has Been Defeated The Who...
  13. ken419

FS: 5 DZ Srixon Z-Star (Tour Yellow)

These are the 2010 model Z-Stars. I stockpiled these late last year when they were 2/$60, and I still have most of them left. I didn't get to play as much as I would have liked this year, otherwise most of these could be found in various ponds, streams, and wooded areas throughout Northeast...
  14. ken419

The Big C (TV Series)

Any other fans of the show? Probably one of Showtime's most underrated series. I just watched the Season 2 finale OnDemand and I'm still in shock.
  15. ken419

Improving Major League Baseball

Last night's Pittsburgh/Atlanta game got me thinking about two things I've long thought about to improve baseball, as well as a few other changes it should make... 1.) Regular season games do not need to last 19 innings. I like the way the NHL does it with a shootout after a 5-minute OT period...
  16. ken419

FS: NEW Adidas Stand Bag (White/Blue/Black)

Bought this bag earlier this year as an "impulse buy" but I have no intention of really using it. The tags are off, but it's still brand new, never been used, and has been sprayed down with waterproofing spray. Also including 2 sleeves of TM Penta Balls. Got these in the mail a few weeks ago and...
  17. ken419

Cost of Lessons

Finally broke down and and admitted I desperately need lessons. I didn't do a lot of 'comparison shopping', so I'm not sure if I'm getting a good deal or not- $40 per 45-minute session. The guy had a BOGO coupon in the Entertainment Book, so I figured I'd start off with the two lessons from him...
  18. ken419

Dating Sites

I've been single now for almost 2 years. I don't really 'need' a relationship nor am I 'desperate' for one, but I'm kind of curious as to what's out there. I hate being in bars and I work nights, so I don't really get out much to meet anybody new. Been thinking about signing up for match.com...
  19. ken419

Hockey Stick Putters

Thought about getting a Hockey Stick Putter. From what I've read about them, they're not approved by the USGA, but I can't find a reason why. Is it simply because they haven't tested them, or is there something I'm missing in the rulebook that makes them illegal?
  20. ken419

LEFTIES ONLY: Ever think about starting over right-handed?

Lack of selection in stores. Rental Clubs at courses, if they're even available, are usually raggedy and archaic. Don't even get me started on gloves... Hell, even some headcovers seem to be ill-fitting as they're designed more for a right-handed clubhead. Any other lefties ever think about...
Back