Search results for query: *

1. bigmcclarron

2015 bags?

Hi guys Can someone remind me when we are likely to see the 2015 bag offerings from the likes of titleist and ping? Not sure if I should buy now or wait a little bit longer? Thanks
  2. bigmcclarron

Now that is one way of selling your clubs on ebay!

So people have recently been struggling to get good money for clubs on ebay over here in the UK, so I give this guy full marks for trying his best to attract a bigger audience! http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=111438174680&alt=web
  3. bigmcclarron

Someone pick me a rangefinder!

Right guys I an on the prowl for a rangefinder First I thought about the bushnell v3, then I thought the nikon coolshot and now I am just confused! I found the UK version of the kickbutt one I read about on here, but I am not sure. So my question is what would you buy and why?
  4. bigmcclarron

Iron refinish? Options for these?

Hi guys So I recently picked up a backup set of irons to play with at home, a rather nice set of cleveland cg1 tour combos 3-PW The blades are fine, but the cavity backs have got some wear which you can see inside the cavity themselves, just through some bag chatter and rub I guess? Anyway I...
  5. bigmcclarron

SLDR hybrid Japan?

Hi guys Managed to snap up a 19 degree and 21 degree SLDR hybrid from a guy on eBay. They just turned up and I noticed that one had a black logo at the bottom and the other was white? After some more digging online, I worked out it was the Japanese version! Does anyone know if there are any...
  6. bigmcclarron

What to do in Washington?

OK guys so I am going on a business trip the start of March with my boss to Washington. We have rented some apartment in Georgetown I believe, I only have a spare two days so what do you recommend we do? I have never been to Washington before, and apart from the white house, I have to be honest...
  7. bigmcclarron

Jetspeed vs SLDR three wood?

Hi guys Can anyone tell me the difference between these two? I know the Jetspeed doesn't have any movable weights. But is the Jetspeed a lightweight club compared to the SLDR? Lowest spinner? Thanks
  8. bigmcclarron

Custom fit options

Hi guys Need your thoughts please My plan for 2014 is to make sure I am fitted out properly, I have not had it done since I was very young, and my swing has changed massively! I have two options so far, first up is go to Mizuno's national fitting centre. It is £50, uses the mizuno swing DNA...
  9. bigmcclarron

What car would you pick to drive out of these?

Right guys, I hope you are all having an amazing Christmas? I know I am! The Misses has just surprised me with a pretty awesome track day! Now my surname is McClarron and we decend from the famous Maclaren name, so she wanted to find me a track day where I could drive one of their cars, so the...
  10. bigmcclarron

MacGregor iron identification? Anniversary blades?

Hi guys Well one of my favourite brands from the past is MacGregor, so even as a lefty, I got extremely excited when I got offered these! The previous owner who I got them off, told me they have never been hit or shafted, when he got them, he was told they were VIP Anniversary blades? Now I...
  11. bigmcclarron

My new LaJosi Custom DD201

Hi guys Thought I would share some pictures with you of this beautiful putter Kari made for me at LaJosi putters. He was a complete pleasure to deal with and I loved every minute of it! Only managed to roll her once quickly at a very poor putting green at a driving range, but first impressions...
  12. bigmcclarron

GPS vs Rangefinder vs mobile app

Right guys I am lost. So many options and I really dont know what avenue to go down! I currently use a mobile app for my distance finding, but I get the feeling I am missing out? So can someone tell me the advantages and disadvantages of each? And what you prefer and why? Hopefully I am not the...
  13. bigmcclarron

How to clean a white bag?

Hi guys Just sorted my black bag out for the winter months, and retired my white bag. Just want to clean the white bag back up, has some mud marks which are quite deep and do not wipe off. Any suggestions? It is the Mizuno aerolite spr Cheers guys
  14. bigmcclarron

WTT Lefty 913D2 HEAD ONLY for 913D3 Head?

Hi guys Just looking to see if anyone on here is looking to trade a 913D3 head for a 913D2 head? Loft ideally would be 9.5* but I would consider others. My 913D2 head is in great condition, hardly a mark on her, easily an 8 out of 10
  15. bigmcclarron

3 wood with driver shaft?

Hi guys Just had a thought, I am looking for a long distance 3 wood, I know I can buy longer 3 woods such as x hot and rbz, but I've grabbed an titleist 910f on the cheap for now. I have got an RIP'd driver shaft with the adaptor on it, there is nothing stopping me from trying that shaft in the...
  16. bigmcclarron

Jobs overseas?

Hi guys Hope everyone is well? I am seeking some advice if possible? Two of my best mates have just managed to get jobs over with you guys in the states teaching football (Soccer) to schools out in Connecticut and the surrounding areas, they have everything paid for, living accommodation, travel...
  17. bigmcclarron

Pick me a three wood and rescue/5 wood, lefty needs some help!

Hi guys So basically over here in the UK the golf stores do sod all for us lefties :( I've just gone to one of the biggest golf shops around me, direct golf, and they had the RBZ stage 2 3 wood, in a very soft regular shaft (I take stiff or x stiff) they allowed me to hit it and yes it's long...
  18. bigmcclarron

Removing stamp marks?

Hi guys Hope everyone had a great Christmas! Is there a way of removing stamp marks from the face of a putter? It's on a 2002 Betti bb8, so a nice milled face, and the stamping is on the toe of the face?
  19. bigmcclarron

MDC golf?

Hi guys! Hope everyone had a great Christmas :) Has anyone got any info on MDC golf? I've never heard of them? And can't find much online about them? I've just been offered some blades at a good price and wondering what people's thoughts are? Cheers
  20. bigmcclarron

Your wood line up?

Hi Guys Ok trying to sort out my clubs for next year, and I am struggling with what woods to put in the bag. I just got myself the Cleveland Mashie 3 wood (my god what a club!) but after this I am stuck! What I want to know is what you guys play wood and hybrid wise? Is there a common line up...
Back