Search results for query: *

1. K

GPS Watch - Garmin Approach S40 v S60

Thanks... I phoned Garmin support and they offered me a trade in deal on a S6, S40 or S60. Excellent service by Ralph in their support department. However as he pointed out the S6 is discontinued and for a little more money I could get a new enhanced Watch. Perhaps he’s right - a new watch...
  2. K

GPS Watch - Garmin Approach S40 v S60

Happy New Years to all Hackers! My Garmin S6 Watch died over the holidays and exploring either the Garmin Approach S40 or S60. I would appreciate any feedback, recommendations or comparisons between the two.
  3. K

Ping G400 Hybrids

I stopped by GG this afternoon to try out the new G400 hybrid, the pro told me Ping has pulled all the hybrids off the shelves. He didn't really tell me the reason. But they were advised today to pull these clubs. He wasn't allowed to even let me look at one. Anyone aware or have any...
  4. K

Ping customer service

I purchased a set of Ping GMax irons last fall, the fitter advised I needed yellow color code for my swing path. This is my fourth set of Pings & always was fitted for a black color code. I went with their advice & purchased the yellow. Since my shots started fading right .... so consulted...
  5. K

RBZ stage 2 durability.....?

I purchased a new RBZ stage 2 fairway 3 wood. Although I am pleased with the distance, I am extremely disappointed with the wear & tear of the face of the club. I have played 2 rounds & the face looks like it's been played many - many more! It's really scratch - bad! What's odd is my Ping...
  6. K

Skycaddy watch vs. Garmin S2 watch

Pondering a new watch, I like the Skycaddy and the Garmin S2. Perhaps someone can give me some feedback or reference where I can read reviews on both.
  7. K

Fairway wood thoughts......

I am planning on purchasing a 5 wood, like the RBZ stage 2 or the XHot. Both claim to be longer than others & at GG they did seem longer. I am curious since these are longer and perhaps can be as long as my current Ping G20 3 wood. Can these clubs improve distance that much making my current...
  8. K

Do you find desert courses more difficult

Just returned from Vegas where I played 4 different courses, although my game was good - I really struggled. Shots must be more strategic - more target shots than the normal play. It seems these courses didn't fit my eye very well. Not a lot of room for error. All courses played were in...
  9. K

Trispeed Tour Balls??

Someone gave me two boxes of the Srixon Trispeed tour balls today - any one play this ball or have any feedback? Thx!
  10. K

Fariway wood test

I stopped by the range today to test the new Callaway XHot 3 wood vs my Ping G20. I like the way it felt off the mat - shaft a little longer than my G20. I was disappointed that I didn't gain any yardage - maybe a few shots were longer but certainly not worth $230. I was talking with the pro...
  11. K

New driver....

I ran across a deal on a Razr Fit last week - got out today to try it out. Very nice club had to adjust the setting to closed then hit the ball better. I kept noticing something different - it was my aim. This club doesn't have anything on the crown to help line up with the target. Any ideas...
  12. K

Bounce

I have decided to upgrade my wedges this year, currently using a CG14 60 / 8 bounce and CG14 56 / 14. I use the 60 a lot & hit it very well but not really sure I understand the bounce. I just left GG and purchased the 588 RTX CB 60 / 12 bounce and the 588 RTX CB 54 / 14. Apparently Cleveland...
  13. K

Another wedge question...

I am in the market for new wedges & can someone help with the differnce between a cavity backed and a blade? I hit them both recently at GG - was in a bit of a hurry but not sure I could tell a lot of difference. I like the softness of the 588 rxt - sort of reminds me of my cg14's
Back