Search results for query: *

1. gcruz86

Help with aiming while putting

Need help with aiming putts. My vision is pretty bad. Take off my glasses and the world becomes a blur. I have been missing a lot of short putts (anything inside 5 feet) as I simply have a hard time aiming. I've tried lining up the putt using the aiming line on golf balls but the minute I get...
  2. gcruz86

Sad day....

Last night, my dad lost his battle with cancer. He may not have been my biological father but he's the only father I've ever known. I wasn't a very good kid to him during my early teenage years but he put up with me and got me straightened out. We didn't share too many of the same interest but...
  3. gcruz86

Golf ball for 10 year old...

So, my daughter is now fully back into golf. I enrolled her in an LPGA girls golf program and she is having a blast taking lessons with other girls. They had their first course outing yesterday and she loved it. Too bad I had to miss it, I was flying back home at the time. Anyway, I am looking...
  4. gcruz86

souvenir from the Masters

If you happen to find yourself at the Masters souvenir tent and your significant other gives you a budget of say, 200 bucks, what would you get? This is assuming you are only buying for yourself.
  5. gcruz86

ebay question....

Ebay virgin here. So, I decided to sell some stuff I hadn't been using for a while. Buyer won the bid on Saturday, 3/22. Buyer had 100% approval rating. Sent him 2 invoices already and still no response or payment. Should I go ahead and relist or wait?
  6. gcruz86

It's finally here.....

Master's practice tickets finally came in. Man, I can't wait to go. CJ, you all set?
  7. gcruz86

Weird thing....

So, I took my 10 year old daughter to the range today and when she decided she was done hitting balls, there were still a few left in the bucket. So, being the cheap a$$ that I am, I couldn't let those balls go to waste. I decided to hit her driver and to my surprise, I was hitting the ball...
  8. gcruz86

Columbia, SC Get Together 4/6 - 4/7.

So, Michigan Slice (CJ) and I will be heading over to Augusta 4/8 and we will be making Columbia, SC our home base for this trip. I will be flying in the Saturday night and I think CJ will arrive early Sunday. We were wondering if any of the South Carolina contingents (or any THP members who...
  9. gcruz86

Wish me luck, I'll need it.

So, I had planned on playing the Sun Course at Paiute but saw that they forecasting winds in the high teens and low 20s and decided to cancel. From what I've read here at the forum, Paiute isn't so enjoyable when it's windy. I tried changing tee times to tomorrow instead but no tee times past...
  10. gcruz86

Callaway RFX FW question

So, I got a Cally rfx 4w on sale at GG and got to play it finally yesterday. I completely fell in love with it. I haven't been too happy with the driver so decided to just hit fairways off the tees. 71% fairways hit compared to my usual 35%. I must say playing golf is soooo much easier when...
  11. gcruz86

Golf instructor for a girl question

My 10 year old daughter has had maybe four lessons in the fall of 2012 but lost interest after that. For the last month or so, she has been the one asking to go the range then yesterday, she asked if she could take golf lessons again. She did ask if she could have a female instructor though. My...
  12. gcruz86

Masters practice tickets

I was just wondering, for those who was lucky enough to get them, about what time do you usually get them in the mail?
  13. gcruz86

Did I do a bad thing?

So, last year, my daughter got interested in golf. She got a set of golf clubs for Christmas. Well, after 4 lessons, she lost interest and the clubs sat in the closet collecting dust. Well, she's 10 now and started to get interested in boys :banghead: . She likes this one boy and they've been...
  14. gcruz86

2014 Masters Ticket Lottery

Just put in my entry for the ticket lottery today at this link . I hope I get lucky.
  15. gcruz86

Heat exhaustion

With hot weather around the corner (it's hot here already in Vegas), I thought it might be a good idea to give everyone a heads up about this topic. I believe I had a slight case of this last Saturday. It was a hot sunny day with temps in the 90s. I usually don't play on weekends but I decided...
  16. gcruz86

old putter

I found my very first putter, an odyssey 1100 dfx putter. It still looks pretty good and still felt pretty good. I was thinking of taking it to golf galaxy and have it fit for me (bought it off the internet 8 years ago). Would it be worth it?
  17. gcruz86

Putting drills before a round

I was just wondering what is an effective putting drill on the practice green before a round. I played 18 holes yesterday and had a terrible round. I was hitting the ball well, had more GIRs than I usually have but my putting let me down. Birdie or par opportunities turned into bogeys, double...
  18. gcruz86

A THPer on Morning Drive?

Just saw this on Morning Drive. A THPer?
  19. gcruz86

G. Mac's Shirt

Just wondering ( and I hope I posted this on the right spot), who makes Graeme McDowell's shirts? I'm one of those odd guys who likes a semi stiff collar so that it sort of retain its shape. My current golf shirts' collars are floppy and tend to lie flat when I wear them.
  20. gcruz86

Putter fitting convert

Ok, for the last couple of months, I've been having issues with my putter. I just couldn't seem to get my putting line correct. I'm putting with a 34" Cleveland T-Frame which was I got to replace an old Odyssey putter. I love the T-frame but I thought it was a bit long for me. So, I went to Golf...
Back