Search results for query: *

1. teed-off

Titleist new TS2 and TS3 drivers are the real deal

I was invited by Titleist Canada to attend their Titleist TS Metals Launch Event held at their National Fitting Centre at Eagles Nest GC in Maple Ontario this morning. They had both the new TS2 and TS3 driver heads with a full complement of shafts available to compare to my current 910 D2. Their...
  2. teed-off

2019 Presidents Cup captains

Title of thread asks the question, Tiger Woods for team USA and Ernie Els for Europe. This will be fun to watch. Remains to be seen who is picked for each team, can't wait,...thoughts?
  3. teed-off

Cleaning the ouside of your golfbag, who does what?

I love my SunMountain C-130, it does everything I need it to do but the outside of it is just filthy! It is covered with dust,dirt and everything else, and just to add insult to injury, a bird left its mark down the left side. So, I am wondering what you folks here on THP use to tackle this...
  4. teed-off

Graphite vs Iron shafts....much difference?

Graphite shafts are not as common in iron sets as they are in drivers and metal woods, however they are being seen more often these days probably due to the increase in variety of brands available, more being played on tour and cost becoming more reasonable. My question for the folks out there...
  5. teed-off

Titleist 816H1 and 816H2 look fantastic anyone else interested?

The new 816H1 and H2 hybrid offerings from Titleist look promising for increased launch angle/height (H1) and distance/work ability (H2). I love the classic look of the H2 and I am really looking forward to giving them a go when they a released in October. I think they would be a great addition...
  6. teed-off

Grounded "belly" putters; anyone using one and......

Are there many out on THP who use a grounded or "belly" putter, and if you do, what are you planning to do when the new rule comes into effect? I have never used one so I really can't comment on how easy/difficult it will be to change to the standard length or swap back and fourth between the...
  7. teed-off

New Cobra King LTD Driver and FW's

Any info on the new Cobra King LTD/PRO drivers and fairways that are due for release in November of this year? "Textreme Carbon Fiber crown, removable "Spaceport" sole weight, comes with stock Aldila’s Rogue Black 60 shaft (R, S and X flexes) and Lamkin’s UTX grip, which is not too shabby...
  8. teed-off

After market shafts?

If you are purchasing a new driver/fairway/iron set do you stick with OEM offerings or do you consider after market shafts from Graphite Design, Aerotech, Accra etc?
  9. teed-off

When does a standard grip = a midsize grip?

Anyone know how many extra wraps of grip tape will make a standard grip = a midsize grip? My local golf shop has my favorite grip on sale (2 for price of 1) but only the standard grip is included in the promo. I like the midsize but it is at the regular price, so is adding the extra layers of...
  10. teed-off

Regrip your brand new putter?

Just wondering if you automatically re-grip your brand new putter before leaving the store/club fitter with your current grip, or do you play the stock grip for a while to see how it goes?
  11. teed-off

Choosing your course--Does cost determine where you play?

Now that you have assembled your new driver, fairways, irons, bag, and, have also spent a good amount of money on lessons, clothing, balls etc, do you typically play the upper tier ($$$) courses, or are the local Munis for $25 (or less) a round good enough?
  12. teed-off

Courses in Orlando FL

Hello everyone, I will be in the Kissimmee area the first week of February 2013 and I would like to get three rounds in during this time. We (my wife and I) will have access to a car so getting to the course is not a problem. We are looking for a decent (cheap) practice course to start with as...
Back